INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31509 times)

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
O.K. I was not sure if I was going to be able to make it this year. But the time is slated from work and I am ready to have another rabbit run onto my arrow. Just to get away from you numerous arrow flingers, and you know who you are. Shawn I will wait until you type the list of what is being brought and then I will bring what may be needed. Bunnies beware, because I am bringing 40 inch arrows. LOL.

Bryan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
Bryan, I am glad ya can make it!! I just took a walk and saw 7 bunnies, only one running shot. It is tough to be the dog and be in that thick stuff and try and get a bow up and let one fly. I am going tomorrow at 2pm, as I kinda got out of some things I had to do. I will have my daughters boyfriend and his son with me and Ben the beagle and Dad of course, so maybe I will get a few more shots as I told them they can all be dogs for the day. There is snow duehere tomorrow, but it could hit 60 by the end of next week(Bummer!!)
                           Have Fun!!
                                 Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2005, 04:14:00 PM »
"but it could hit 60 by the end of next week(Bummer!!)"

You got that right next Thur and Fri is our anual ski trip for the faimly oh well we,ll have a blast.

Good luck this weekend I hope to get Sonny out down the street for at least a little while after finishing up on my daughters car.I,ll be bringin the LB to that same spot.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2005, 04:30:00 PM »
Tom, have fun!! My daughter has new beagle Elma Fudd is her name and huntin' bunnies is her game. We ran her once and she did good. I also wanted to say I have a couple of brand new packs of 135 grain screw-in Zwickeys for the prize table. I just came in from shooting the new Firebird, it is nice and quick,but I cannot shoot more than a few arrows due to my bad arm, I hope I am all healed by the hunt.  Have Fun!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2005, 12:23:00 PM »
I am on my way too see if I can reduce the bunny pop. I am leaving in about an hour. I will let everyone know how we do! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
Shawn, Please don't reduce them to much!!! I don't shoot that good and I need as many shot opportunities as I can get LOL!!!!!!!

Good Luck!!! Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2005, 01:55:00 PM »
I smell hassenphieffer!!!!!!!!!
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
Ha, Ha, Hasa, Hassenwaaa???

Is that like woast wabbit?????

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »
Well, we hunted for 2 hrs. I made the best shot of my life on a running bunny. I jumped a pile along the airport and out he comes, swings between my legs and than dead away down the old road. I swing and let one fly, whack right behind the head, it did not even kick. We got 4, I missed two more and damon got 3 with the double. We had a blast. We could of shot and killed at least ten, but I am saving some for the rest of you rabbit slayers!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2005, 12:20:00 AM »
Good shootin Bud!!!!!!!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2005, 09:51:00 AM »
ttt for Kenn
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
I am happy to see theat Bryan came clean and confessed to the demise of that poor rabbit last year....Nice shooting Shawn...I suprise myself sometimes but not often enough....Mac~
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2005, 02:30:00 PM »
Mac, I would rather be lucky thanb good everytime. Lots of bunnies out today. I did not hunt, but took a ride and saw them sitting out sunning themselves. I like it cloudy out as I think they stray farther from their holes, on sunny days they seem to sit right on the edge. A little over a month to go, I cannot wait!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Ladybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2005, 02:40:00 PM »
Woodchucker,  I just got out my Mennonite cookbook (Food That Really Schmecks) and found a recipe for Hasenpfeffer.  I will post it in the Recipe Forum.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
I should of mentioned that I will have a rabbit dish for the hunt, not Hasenpfeffer though!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline jcgoodwrench

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2005, 09:01:00 PM »
Im still new here but this sounds great!! I am going to try to make it up there and have a blast! What type of arras and points should I bring wit me?? Still new at this. What type of food or drink should I bring?

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
Congrads Shawn!! I missed 1 yesterday and Sonny ran it by 5 times....thats right I said 5 times twice I was spotted by the rabbit twice it was to far in the thick stuff for an arrow to get thru and well ........I,m pretty good at scarein the crap outta them LOL

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2005, 03:25:00 PM »
Shawn,I gotta get ahold of Bob(wapiti chaser)and see whats up.He said somethin about only being able to make Sun.If thats the case it,s a long drive and we drove together last yr so I,ll probably wait if he,s gonna for sure make it on Sun. 5 hr,s one way it,s nice to have somebody along.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »
Tom, Tell him Shawn said to Drive down Saturday even if ya do not get there until dark. There will be a few of us staying overnight. I would say about ten right now, but could be more!! JC, the basic rule is no broadheads. Bring whatever you would like. Chips, dip whatever just let me know by the first week in Feb, so I can add it too the list. I will post a list of what is being brought around the middle of first week.
Shawn

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »
Shawn:

Any Idea how many dogs? And if we stay where are we going to be able to keep them. I would like to bring mine but if you feel there are going to be too many, I won't. The reason I ask is because he is an inside dweller when not after those nasty smelling rabbits?

Bryan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©