INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt  (Read 31508 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »
I think just 3, but if Elma is coming 4. We can keep them in the house with us a s long as they are trained. I know Ben and Sonny are good together, as long as she isn't in heat they all will get along with Elma.  Shawn
Shawn

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
I am not worried about them getting along. Snoopy does not have a mean bone in his body, unless it is a bunny(HeeHee). But he is only a year and has alot of pup in him. So he will want to play alot, with the other dogs, that is about the only thing I need to work on him with, but I am sure he will eventually grow out of it. Oh and he is house broke as for me I am not sure. LOL

Bryan

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 11, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »
My beagle doesn,t care bout what other dogs around him are doing much,he just does his thing.He got to sing with meathooks beagle a couple weeks ago.

Shawn I was thinkin that but have not called yet.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 11, 2005, 07:09:00 PM »
Elma is just gonna be a year in late January. We are getting snow tonight and it is supposed to turn real cold, I am hoping it stays around a long while. Curt, I e-mailed ya, if we have snow we can hunt next weekend.  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 11, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
I just come in from letting the dogs out and what did I see but a cottontail looking back at me, I went and grabbed the bow, but I had a couple of drinks and my wife says no! What do I do, but head out anyway, but my weapon now was a snowball. I cocked it back,  bad arm and all and let it fly. Hit the beagle right in the back of the head(LOL!)He was already at the end of his rope, now he just kinda sits and wonders what might have been. We got to get him out there flinging arrows and him a chasin' those elusive beasts!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 12, 2005, 07:25:00 AM »
Good thing ya changed weapons LOL I,m thinkin the dog didn,t want an arrow in the back of the head.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Jake H

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 12, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »
Pardon me while I lapse into Yosemite Sam for a moment...

rassin' frassin' kalarblassin' scheduling confilicts!!!

*pant pant pant*

ok.

I just found out I have a conflict and won't be able to make the trip.  I was so looking forward to meeting you all.  Enough so that I WOULD blow off the other committment, but I promised my daughter a year ago that we'd do this and I can't go back on THAT.

Maybe next year.

I'm still plotting for ETAR too so maybe I'll find some of you there.

Jake
(who's gotta do what he's gotta do)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 12, 2005, 05:14:00 PM »
You guys are slippin'. I am done beat with all this slushy snow. I had to check in though. Shawn
Shawn

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 12, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
I am going to try it in the morning. Rain and all, but stll snow on the ground. Won't be good sent conditions but if I waited for perfect conditions this year I wouldn't be going. Wish me luck.

Bryan

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »
Hey Shawn...on a sad note...I was just thinking today, remember Barb Dumas wanted to attend this years shoot. All of us were offering warm clothes for her and I believe she was excited about coming here and really looking forward to the hunt. Darn...a year goes by so quickly and now Barb will be up with the Good Lord watching this years hunt from above.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 13, 2005, 03:19:00 PM »
Joe, it is strange you said that. I was thinking that at some point during the hunt we could all line up and launch an arrow in her memory.(Some on here did that when she passed) I talked with her quite a bit and I think she may have came this year. A great lady and someone I considered a friend. We will do something for sure!!  Shwn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 13, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »
Bryan who cares about conditions, as long as you are hunting. dad and I went one day this year and it was -17 wind chill. If our hands weren't so cold we would have gotten our limit, tough to shoot with a thick glove on, we got 5 though. I hope ya did good!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 13, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
I'm thinking that Barbs gonna have the best seat in the house,watching us busting through brush and flinging arrows at bouncing bunnys!!! I think she better be careful she doesn't fall off her cloud LOL!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2005, 07:41:00 PM »
Shawn:

I went out today and man what a day. I was not in search of cotton tail. I found this spot while I was still hunting deer on a piece of state land. It just reiked in snow shoe cover. So me and snoopy finally got time to check it out. It is loaded with the white hare. I would like to say I connected, but I missed three times. But what a great time. Alot of hares spotted and chased.

Bryan

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2005, 08:23:00 PM »
Good for you Bryan,sounds like a good time!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 13, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »
Tom, The Saturday night thing just may work. Sure will make for a shorter day Sunday. Jake hope you make the ETAR it's a good time.

Bob
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 13, 2005, 09:39:00 PM »
Curt:

Shawn and you will have to make a trip down, and run them with me sometime.

Bryan

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
Bob, the Sat. thing is the way to go!! I really want you two guys there. I wish you could make Saturday as well. Bryan, that would be cool, nver shot a hare. I made some butters, nutters for bunnies. I am gonna give them away at the hunt. I put 2005 Southern NY Bunny Hunt on them, I though they would be a nice tradition to start. I will make up a 1/2 dozen each year!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2005, 04:17:00 PM »
Bryan, I wondered where there was any varrying hares left. We had them in PA but they have about disappeared. Went the way of the buffalo I guess...Mac~
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
Mac,

We have a pretty good population of snowshoe hares in northern New Hampshire, course that's about an eleven-twelve hour ride for you.  Heck, it's about three hours for me to get there, almost quicker to get to the bunny hunt.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©