INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!  (Read 13020 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
« Reply #60 on: February 22, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »
Curt the pics. are great!! How did the video come out? Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2005, 01:56:00 PM »
Thanks for posting the pics!  I left my camera in the car the whole weekend!   "[dntthnk]"  

Curt, if'n ya ever need another string, just shoot me an email.  That goes for the rest of you also!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: February 22, 2005, 02:28:00 PM »
Jeremy, it was good meetin ya and being able to loose some arra's with ya. Don't know if you guys noticed or not, but there's a young fella with some seriouse potential, you keep that bow in your hand and in a few years you'll be shootin the flea's off them rabbits   :thumbsup:  

geesh, that made me sound old.........  "[tunglaff]"  

larry

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: February 22, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
Thanks everyone,I like taking pics,though sometimes it's tough to do both.

Video came out pretty cool.I'll send to Tom M and he can pick out something to put something together for the site.

Didn't get many good pics Sunday.My camera doesn't do well in cold weather.Sat. I had it in a pouch on my belt with 2 handwarmers(and still got some blurry pics).Sun. I couldn't find my other 2 hand warmers,so most were to blurry to use.

Here's the last one from day one

That's Recurver,Lar43,and Larrys son Greg bringing up the rear

The one thing that really stinks about something like this is that there are so many intresting people around and so little time to spend with them.Really wish I could get to know you all a lot better!!! I'm proud to be a part of such a fine group.

I'll add the last couple I got on day 2 later...
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: February 22, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »
...Oh,about my eye...I was on my hands and knees bullin and was trying to get up when the maneaters reached out and grabbed me from all directions.And yes one caught me real good in the eyelid and I couldn't move!!! As my friends would have said.."the bitch came right out of ya"

Withing seconds the blood was flowing and had filled my left eye up with so much blood I couldn't see out of it.Had to get out of that patch with one eye,to a spot where Shawn could check it out.He looked at it,I wiped away the blood and kept on going.There were still bunny in front of us!!!!! Now I know what a boxer feels like when they say they can't see the punches coming after getting cut over the eye.
Curt } >>--->   

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: February 22, 2005, 05:47:00 PM »
Curt,you are right there,Every time us trad guys and girls get together friendships are made.Not to knock the wheel guys but since i came over to trad i have made some good friends and had some great times,like this past weekend.Everybody is down to earth and willing to help.......ED
Put some air under it.

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: February 22, 2005, 05:56:00 PM »
Curt, someone should have got a pic of ya after that, between the one across your forehead Saterday, and the one in your eyelid Sunday, I'm bettin you looked like a true warrior.
 Guru, the rabbit Warrior   :thumbsup:  

larry

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: February 22, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

Breakfast Sunday morning after a good night talking,and sleeping(meathook is a world class snorer!!!).Of course we were entertained by Shawn who was having a long encounter with a clear bottle with some brown liquid in it  :scared:    :knothead:

This is how he felt Sun. morning    "[dntthnk]"    "[dead]"  

The sleep over crew:Left side-HuntrDFK,Recurver,Jeramy
Right side-Swampbuck,Wapitichaser,Meathook
Not in pic....me and Shawn
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: February 22, 2005, 05:59:00 PM »
A few people have asked why I have makeup on.My left eyelid is some real pretty shades of purple  ;)
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: February 22, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
Meat, I don't believe 'em, I never heard you snore once, not once I tell ya.  That room was as quiet as can be the whole night.

"[moon]"  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2005, 06:36:00 PM »
Curt--Next year you have to post in the "gauntlet" and I (will do my best) along with the others to get you some nice shot opportunities like you guys/gals did for me....excellent spot......

P.S.  - I hate wearing eyeglasses but they do come in handy every now and then   :thumbsup:
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2005, 07:02:00 PM »
Mark, That's where Bob killed the bunny.David(huntrdfk) was in your spot on the bottom,in from the end,and Wapiti chaser(Bob) was at the end,down by the creek,right on the edge of the open woods.When Shawn and I(we pushed the same as the day before,we were the 2 closest to the creek) got to David,he said that there were a few in the piles in front of him.Shawn got them moving and I saw one heading straight for Bob.I yelled to him and ran up to make sure it didn't get back thru.Bob said it stopped in the pile between him and I,we both pinched in on it.Bob said "there he is",as he said that I saw it,started to draw,just about to full draw and hear..Twang,thud,see the blur of Bobs arrow,and hear..I got h...And I released and sent a judo through the bunny up to the feathers!! Bobs arrow and mine were just about touching,his had gone in about 4 inches(also a judo).My arrow was definatly not needed,his shot was good and that bunny was going nowhere.Like Shawn said earlier,they were maybe 2 seconds apart.

It was nice to be apart of it!! Congrats Bob  :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: February 22, 2005, 07:12:00 PM »
Here's a few more pics......

The group preparing to shoot aerials

Shawn shooting the steel plate

And Curt shooting Keith's BBO bow. (What a neat bow this was!)

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: February 22, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
A few more and I don't snore.   :p  

"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: February 22, 2005, 07:23:00 PM »
Curt, I was surprised that judo stopped in the rabbit. He had just turned and started to go away from me. The shot went in from behind and angled up. I guess I need more poundage, 58lb's just isn't enough for those rabbits. Sounds like good reason to order a new bow !!!! The weekend went by so quick. But guys are already talking about next year. I spent about three hours pulling thorns out of Sonny on the way home. He was in Heaven all day as I think we all were !
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: February 22, 2005, 07:56:00 PM »
Greg & I had the best time we've had in a very long time. Thanks to everyone. But most especially to Mom & Pop Leonard for their generosity in opening their home to us & to Shawn for all the behind the scenes leg work I know he had to put in to make this gathering a total success, & a joy to be at.
Nothing like this happens without one hell of a lot of effort.
Like I told Shawn, thanks doesn't seem enough for a weekend like we had. Meeting everyone was really special. As Curt said there wasn't enough time to spend just getting to know each other. There was too much huntin' & fun being had.
The money raised for St. Judes was a real special thing too. Those kids need every bit of help they can get. Just kind of shows where our hearts are.
I can't imagine a better time than we had, and no better people than were there. It's a pure pleasure to have met, & to know all of you!
Here's a couple of pics we took. Some just like the others, but then some are not! Click on a pic to enlarge.

Lunch time on Saturday.

Lemme try that bow.

St. Jude's auction drawing.

Who's wearing their seatbelt?!

Waitin' for MR.Rabbit(75# bow/500gr. nutter) and he got up and ran away! Not in this shot, but in a spot just over the fence & twice as thick!

The winnah!

The end of a great weekend!

Thanks everyone
Larry & Greg
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: February 22, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »
WHO'S THAT GUY IN THE GOOFY RED&BLACK HAT!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
Don't know but we did almost loose him in a woodchuck hole.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2005, 08:26:00 PM »
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!! THANKS BOB, I ALMOST FORGOT ABOUT THAT!!!

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: February 22, 2005, 08:59:00 PM »
larry, aw shucks!  You're makin' me blush!

Meathook, I wouldn't call it snoring; it sounded more like a chainsaw... had me confused a few times when I woke up!   :confused:  

I had a great time meeting and shooting with all of you!  I'll try to make it to some of the area shoots this year and will definitely be back in NY for spring turkey and deer season!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©