INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!  (Read 12986 times)

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Southern NY bunnyhunt- UPDATE W/PICS!!!
« Reply #80 on: February 22, 2005, 09:16:00 PM »
Jeremy that WAS a chainsaw and if you hadn't kept waking up I would have been able to complete my evil plan.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: February 22, 2005, 09:48:00 PM »
Thanks to David,Meathook and Larry&Greg for also posting pics for the guys that coud'nt make it this year  :thumbsup:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: February 22, 2005, 11:19:00 PM »
Did I really have that many people in the back of my truck?  Maybe it's good I couldn't see it from that vantage point!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: February 23, 2005, 05:40:00 AM »
Starting to shoot Sunday morning,most of the Sat. guys moving alot slower than the "fresh meat" that came in for Sunday

Rollin' out to start Sundays hunt,things heated up real fast in that spot!!

All my pics after this were way to blurry to put up.Had some good ones too  :(  

About the video.Got the tail end of Swampbuck sitting down to shoot the steel,and missing the bale and falling flat on his back  :scared:  

Got a lot of footage of the ballon shooting.

I must be camera shy,cause I couldn't break those balloons Sunday(while the camera was running) for the life of me  :knothead: .
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: February 23, 2005, 07:02:00 AM »
................TTT for Guru and his excellent footage.........
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: February 23, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
I gotta admit fallin off the back of that bail was darn funny   :scared:   stuck in his hide.I was so impressed with how well that borrowed collar worked when I turned it on( thats another story LOL) that I broke down and have one on the way.Sonny was very very quick to pick up on the warning tone I,d highly recommend this type of collar for working with hounds,I don,t know why I waited so long to get one.

Many thanks again to EVERYBODY for imprinting the lasting memories into my head they,ll last a lifetime!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: February 23, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
Sonny did awesome Tom,You've got a real good dog there.Makes me want to get a beagle.Just too much going on for everyone to appreciate his work!!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: February 23, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »
Sonny did wonderful and Tom makes  pretty good dog too!!. That man is man after my own heart. I asked him a couple times on the last push " Where are ya Tom?" and he says "I am unwrapping this multi flora rose fom my haed and body!!" Thanks for the great pics. guys. Cindy had brought up my camera and a bunch of fresh batteries and I let it sit. I have never been one for picture taken, but I will try to make an effort now!! The weekend was great, I am glad everyone had a great time, I am already planning next year hunt!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: February 23, 2005, 08:24:00 PM »
I also want to say that my Shrew was as popular as the bunny hunt, I may save it until next years hunt and actually get to shoot it my self, I also may take bids on it!(LOL!!) Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: February 24, 2005, 05:25:00 AM »
I think you should give it away at next years hunt.  :bigsmyl:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: February 24, 2005, 06:09:00 AM »
I put it up on the bow classifieds, just to see what is out there in the way of recurves. Curt are ya huntin' Sunday? The bunnies are calling our names!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: February 24, 2005, 07:34:00 AM »
Shawn keep a bow for a full year ?!??  "[tunglaff]"  

larry

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: February 24, 2005, 07:45:00 AM »
That shrew hasn't even cooled off yet!!!  "[tunglaff]"
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: February 24, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »
I think so bud,will know better tomorrow.Looking forward to it.

By the way,I forgot to talk about the bow that David(huntrdfk) made for Pop Leonard.David e mailed me at least a month before the hunt.With the idea that he wanted to make a selfbow for Shawns Dad.I was to be the spy and get all the info I could about him(he knew Shawn and I are close).I told him that he was left handed,that was the big thing to remember.Then I did the spy work and started to beat around the bush for the other important info.Comfortable draw wt. and length,his name,and anything else that might be important to know.

He started sending pics as the bow progressed over the next couple weeks.I asked David if it was alright if I made some arrows for the bow.Of course I waited till the last minute.Got a hold of Joe skipp and he had some pre finished shafts that were the right spine.So I put a simple crest on them,Wrote " For Jake By Curt C. and Joe S., Bunny hunt'05",put 2 more coats of sealer and fletched them up.

I was very excited about David giving him the bow.Which he did when everyone got together for lunch Saturday.Shawns Mom said to me "Curt,you know how Jake is,he will teasure that bow!" .
I'm sure he will!!

This was completely Davids idea.David,you are the man bro  :notworthy:  .I'm just glad I could be a small part of it.
Curt } >>--->   

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: February 24, 2005, 06:33:00 PM »
Shawn,
Go back & check the listing. I'll take the Shrew!

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: February 24, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
To David and Curt, not only did it mean a lot to Dad. It meant a lot to me, I really appreciate the fact you guys thought of him, he is a tough old bird with a big heart. I went up yesterday and he was out shootin' the new bow and that is odd, as he very seldom shoots anymore. He may launch a few before hunting season starts and that it. Thanks Again!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2005, 08:27:00 PM »
Shawn,I know how Dads can be LOL!!! We had a 3D shoot/Pig roast at our bow club and I invited my Dad. Last summer I had picked up a 35# Ben Pearson solid fiberglass longbow. When my Dad came down for the pig roast we went out in the backyard with that bow and some arrows,I told him to shoot 3under and kinda gunbarrel it. He did very well at about 10-15 yards and said he would like to try shooting the coarse.(I was hoping he would!!!) My Dad and I and my 2 boys went up to the club and the 4 of us had a great time. My Dad shot a 94 out of 300,not bad figuring he had NEVER shot a bow before!!!!! When we finished shooting my Dad opened his car trunk and carefully laid the bow,quiver of arrows,arm guard, and finger tab, inside and gentlely closed the trunk. I'll never forget the way Dad looked at me and said "That was fun!!! Let's Eat!!!

Dad has been shooting his bow and says that he is looking forward to more 3D shoots with me and his grandsons!!!!!!!

Happy Hunting!!!   Chuck
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2005, 09:10:00 PM »
OK, I sold the Shrew to Lars43 I think. If he gets back to me. I also am selling the Chek-Mate and i am ordering a Robertson and will be a two bow man!! Woodchuck isn't it great!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: February 24, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
Shawn,

I enjoyed making the bow for your dad, and am glad that he likes it.  It is the least I could do for what you and your family did over the weekend, and still don't feel like I did enough.  Curt was a bigger help in this than he is letting on, I was worried about arrows from the beginning, he jumped to the front immediately asking if he could make some arrows for the bow, which was great.  Then he had to do all the behind the scenes work to get draw length, weight and such.  It was really a pleasure to do this with Curt, knowing where the bow and arrows would end up, and thanks to Joe also. ( I truly enjoyed meeting and and speaking with you Joe).
I am reserving a spot for next years hunt here and now, so be forewarned!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: February 24, 2005, 09:32:00 PM »
i am ordering a Robertson and will be a two bow man!!  
LOL!!!

That's great that your Dad was out shooting !!!!
 I'm still trying to get my father to pickup his recurve again. He came to Denton Hill last year but just walked a course with me NO BOW. I do think he may have been bitten buy the bug .
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©