INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Photos of Beautiful "Montana"!!!  (Read 3924 times)

Offline Al Kidner

• Trad Bowhunter
    • Pathfinder Outdoors
Re: Photos of Beautiful "Montana"!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2005, 12:00:00 AM »
Very nice pics mate, top looken bow as well  :)  , just have to get to that part of the world one day....

in oz, alan.
"No citizen has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever Seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable." Socrates.

Offline Tuttu

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2005, 03:58:00 AM »
Great pictures!  I sure miss my ol state.  Can't complain up here though (Alaska).   I'm from the Bitteroot, and went to college in Dillon.  My heart still aches when I see pictures like that.  Thank you for posting
Chuck

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »
Excellent photos. I bowhunted the Cabinet Mtns in northwest Montana twice. The Trout Creek/Thompson Falls area. I swear these were the most beautiful mtns I ever hunted in. Montana is a great state with some tremendous hunting and breathtakng scenery.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2005, 04:37:00 AM »
I was out in the Missouri breaks last week for 5 days with HooDoo Arrow and it was slow the same slow deal out there also.  Not the year to hunt elk.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline LONGHORN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »
WOW,awesome,thanks for sharing Tim,can't afford to go but I can see.
Serge
"The sportsman who accepts the sporting code of ethics keeps his commandments in the greatest solitude with no witnesses or audience other than the sharp peaks of the mountain, the stern oak, and the passing animal"
~Jose Ortega Y Gasset~

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2005, 11:29:00 AM »
Pics like that make me wonder why the hell I keep living in Illinois.  And right south of democrat hell, chicago.  Beautifull pics.

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2005, 01:37:00 PM »
My heart breaks every time I see that. I love Montana. If I dont ever move there, I hope they take me there after I'm gone.
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline steve anderson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2005, 01:49:00 PM »
Don't know that I could go back home after seeing that  "[dntthnk]"
Progress is a word that should imply an improvement in the quality of life, but rarely does.   A.B. Guthrie

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2005, 08:32:00 PM »
Great photos, Tim.  You're a lucky man, to share that hunt with your wife.  Where is Cochranville in PA?  I'm from Uniontown in SW PA.

Big Medicine, my family and I stopped over in Hamilton in August on the family vacation, on the way to Idaho.  We couldn't believe the beauty of the area and the nice trout stream at that park on the west side of town.  You too are lucky.
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2005, 08:48:00 PM »
Thank you so much for the fantistic pics.
I have never been to Montana,and probably never will,so pics will have to do.

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
Jeff,

Cochranville is located just outside the Amish country of Lancaster. My home is located about 15 minutes from the Maryland / Delaware / PA lines.  We fortunate to be this close to Maryland and enjoy the hunting they have to offer.

Glad you like the photos. My wife and I spent several days in Idaho about 3 years ago. We flew into Boise and than headed up to McCall and than over to the Sawtooth Mountains for an all day horseback ride. Beautiful country there also! We than came back down through Sun Valley & Ketchum just to say we'd been there.  We both love the west and can't seem to get enough.

Take Care.....Tim

Offline Eddie C

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2005, 08:55:00 PM »
yes, that is some beautiful country!! my wife and i was in Washington last week on a black bear hunt but we didnt get any snow. we drove thru Montana on the way and back home. i didnt get a bear but had a blast anyway. looks like you had more fun!!

Offline Tim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2005, 08:58:00 PM »
Stalker,

Don't ever say never. Once you get there it's very reasonable to stay in a motel or rent a cabin. My family and I have had some fantastic vacations out west for much less than you would spend heading to let's say Ocean City or Wildwood for the week. The expensive part is the airfare and you can look for deals on that end. Once you get there rent a car and drive. The scenary is a vacation in itself!

Hope you have a good archery season! Where exactly in NE PA do you live?

Tim

Offline SweetFeet

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2005, 09:03:00 PM »
Those are some nice pics - you have a good eye! That snow looks nice, too.

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2005, 09:12:00 PM »
I'm in Dingmans Ferry.

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »
Yep; that's the back yard. Now you know why I came back from Alaska. Don

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2005, 03:09:00 PM »
Careful Don...  I was on Montana Rail Link's website this morning.  They need a "Signalman."  Even though I'm gainfully employed in Kalispell, I'd love to get away from all the people.

Offline Don Thomas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2005, 11:06:00 PM »
Well, there's Montana and there's Montana. Rumor has it that Arnold Schwartznegger is about to officially annex the Flathead Valey and make it part of California. Don

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2005, 12:57:00 AM »
I think that is what happened over in the Bitterroot also.    :bigsmyl:   Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©