INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: * My new Love........... Montana!!  (Read 18080 times)

Offline Jeff Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: * My new Love........... Montana!!
« Reply #200 on: October 02, 2006, 02:27:00 PM »
Excellent stories and photos, and some GREAT trophies too!  Montana is the place to be!  :thumbsup:
"He has also made me as a select arrow, He has hidden me in His quiver." - Isaiah 49:2

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: October 02, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »
Good greif, take off a few days and look what I miss out on  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  Great job guys and it was great seeing you guys just sorry it was so short and we missed Tracy. Those knives look good broke in too  :D  Thanks for sharing all of ya!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: October 02, 2006, 03:20:00 PM »
Thank you sir, some great pics and even better stories.   Makes the week I have to wait to start hunting all the harder, and yet easier at the same time.

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: October 02, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »
Curt---  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  ---Excellent-- I would not be surprised to be reading a book written by you someday---

......................Mark F.
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: October 02, 2006, 08:07:00 PM »
Curt thank for the walk in Montana. Good time..Fred

Offline kojac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: October 02, 2006, 08:21:00 PM »
heck, I have lived here in montana my whole life and in 43yrs I have never had a season that came together as well as yours did in one week.

You the man     :notworthy:     and I take back any negetive stuff I've ever said about New Yokers

envious in montana,
Brian

"Hunting...is about the Sights, Sounds, Smells, and  the Hunted...All the hunter has to do is show up"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: October 02, 2006, 08:43:00 PM »
Just finished page 9.....   :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Santiam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: October 02, 2006, 09:25:00 PM »
Great story and pics...Man I DO need to get high speed though...One page a night is a killer...LOL  :banghead:
Good Arrow Flight   >>>-------->

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: October 02, 2006, 09:31:00 PM »
Curt you did a great job of story telling,And I know you were keeping it short.I really injoyed are time togather,I am a little down myself.You were keeping the trip alive for me through you and I want to say thank you.But I know there will more hunts for us in the future.

Peter,You are a one of a kind.I wish I had youre energy.Thank you for everything you did to make this trip possible for me.I injoyed the stories,video's and pictures they were awsome,You have had some incredible friends in youre life and I think they were lucky to have you as one too.

Montana,Thank you I had wonderful time.You have a wonderful state and the people were great,I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.Next time though I hope to have some tags in my pocket,Look out you two Remember I have a fast release.

Again,Great job Curt and congrats on the fine animals.

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
Curt, Peter & Tracy, Havn't ya got one more critter to talk about? I don't want this one to end. It took awhile for the pics on this ol dial up but boy was it worth it.

Thanks for letting us tag along.
Still pulling for you Peter, show us a big bull when you get him. RS

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2006, 09:59:00 AM »
Peter... had the good fortune of getting to hunt with Curt in Texas last winter. I KNOW how he shoots!!!

This has been a great read and you all were blessed with this hunt.

Here's to many more just like it.   :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
Peter, Tracy and Curt,

Thanks for taking us along, this was a great hunt from start to finish, and you guys told it in such a way that it was like we were there.  Thanks again.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2006, 09:34:00 PM »
Great story guys......truly great.

Thanks for taking us along.  I know how time consuming posting these hunts are....and I for one surely appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

All these great hunt stories are making it hard for me to keep up....and the season's just begining.

Till the next campfire.......
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Chad Lewis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: October 04, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Very good story and photos. Nice to see a guy such as Peter take you guys out and put so much time and effort into a hunt.

By the way, Pete, Curt, Are you sure you two aren't brothers? Couple of those pictures of you two together would make any mother proud!
How I love Colorado!

Online Carcajou

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: October 04, 2006, 12:11:00 PM »
This story HAS to go in the CLASSICS ARCHIVES!

Curt you are truly blessed with your shooting skills, and Pete, you are a heck of a true gentleman to take these guys (Tracy too) under your wings, and let them experience one of the greatest bowhunting states in the country!

Paul Schafer would be proud of you guys!

The pics were a great visual journey! Kudos to all!
" MEMBER ~ COMPTON Traditional Bowhunters "

"Searching through the remnants of my dream-shattered sleep"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: October 05, 2006, 06:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Carcajou:
Pete, you are a heck of a true gentleman to take these guys (Tracy too) under your wings, and let them experience one of the greatest bowhunting states in the country!
No truer words where ever spoken,thanks Scott and everyone else,glad you'all enjoyed the journey.

There's some prelim plans for Pete to come visit his folks in NJ and joining me for a turkey hunt in May,and maybe the Muzzy shoot in Aug.  

I hope you make it bud. But NY turkeys hardly compares to Montana.   :(     but I guarantee we'll laugh alot and eat well    :bigsmyl:  

Thanks again for everything
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: October 05, 2006, 09:47:00 AM »
My many thanks as well! This ol' dial-up makes following a thread with pics a real challenge but as has been said "anticipation is rewarding".
Hope to hunt with you again soon Curt! CK

Offline peter c iacavazzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2006, 01:31:00 PM »
Curt,

Do I have to wake up at 4 am to hunt turkeys? I know you like to awake at 4 am each day but some of us enjoy a lil' sleep now and again! Hmm...lots of food, laughs and the chance to shoot a turkey or two. I'm in. Presently I am still elkless. Seems all my critter mojo was spent on you!! But I haven't given up yet. This was a great thread, you did a fantastic job of keeping the "Trad Guys" on the edge of thier seat. Now pour yourself a cup of coffee...Oh wait you don't drink coffee ( what kind a guy doesn't drink coffee anyway?)Well pour yourself a cup of hot cocoa and start writing up a story for TBM. There are alot of guys out there that would love to read about you and "Momma P" and your Montana adventures. I'd love to sit here and write all day but It's awful hard to sit still with an unfilled elk tag in my pocket...

Best Peter

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2006, 07:34:00 PM »
Curtis my friend,I look forward to it,just need to figure out where and how...won't be soon enought bud...

Peter,
Of course it'll mean getting up at 4:00,wouldn't have it any other way   :bigsmyl:  

But don't worry,you might get a nap in the blind.How'd the blind repair go?

Cade asked,out of the blue today,"how many more days is it till Peter comes?"  I mean totally out of nowhere....I told him not till next spring....He's really looking forward to meeting you bud,along with the rest of my family. I need to ask you about something for my wife....we'll talk soon.

TBM story...hmmmm...... get that tag filled,and I'll think about it.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bullofthewoods

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2006, 05:18:00 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a great time.  By the way Peter, youd better check the registration on your truck.  From the picture, I'd say your about a year and a half expired!!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©