INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Did Mr. Clean bring a dish to Thanksgiving dinner?  (Read 6912 times)

Offline Brute killer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Did Mr. Clean bring a dish to Thanksgiving dinner?
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2005, 01:35:00 AM »
This was as bad as those Bowsite bloodtail competitions.  :banghead:  

Hehe. j/k. Congrats on the deer.
Martin
"The first deer that gets close enough and I'm goin Womack on his ass!! " Charlie Lamb

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »
Man, what a time with Mr. Clean and the Boys on the Belly of the Bow.

You can see in this one that Guru was correct.  The top half of the arrow was still in her.  You can see that it is sticking out of the exit hole.

I didn't even realize this until after I took the picture:

Here is one of the hit.  

We called the shot right, but my autopsy proved somewhat inconclusive as I was in a hurry . . . as Guru pointed out, I didn't want to miss that pie.

There was a slice in the lungs, but that could of been from my hasty field dressing.  The stomach was obviously penetrated.  I searched the liver for holes and my brief search didn't turn up any holes or knicks.  When it was all said and done, she went about 150 yards, give or take.

Later that night when I skinned her, I looked at the hit again.  Both the entrance hole and the exit hole were in between the 3rd and the 4th rib.  This told me that she was in fact broadside, not quartering towards.  She was pretty stiff when I got to her, she had been dead for awhile.

So, what do you anatomy experts think?  What did Mr. Clean sever when it sent that shaft through her?

Here is the proper 'hero pic'.  I turned the bow around to give due credit to the boys on the belly of the bow, but I'm not sure if you can see all of the boys or not.

CONGRATULATIONS and a heartfelt THANK YOU to BAMA STAN for making Mr. Clean and for making this whole experience happen.

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2005, 01:52:00 AM »
SO . . . To answer the initial question that I raised in the title of this thread . . . DID MR. CLEAN BRING A DISH TO THANKSGIVING DINNER?

HE SURE DID!!!!!!

Man, guys, I just can't tell you how much fun this whole thing has been.  I'll wrap this up this weekend with some final thoughts and I'll get Mr. Clean in the mail by Monday.

Ted

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
Congrats Ted.  :thumbsup:   Nice pics and i loved the way you told the story.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2005, 03:20:00 AM »
Ted Congrats on a wonderful day afield. Although you took the previous Mr. Clean crew along for the ride this hunt and your text book recovery was all you.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »
Ted, congrats on a great experience all around.That bow is something isn't it??Awesome story bro!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bama Stan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2005, 07:38:00 AM »
Well done. Congratulations on a fine deer. And a great story. I would guess you hit the back of a lung or two and the diaphram. Was she full of blood inside? I truly believe if you had missed thanks giving,you probably would'nt have found the deer. You did good by backing off. Hard to do sometimes. But you had help.

Stan  :notworthy:
"Ain't no shame in miss'n" Smitty after I missed a nice boar at ten yrds.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2005, 08:12:00 AM »
Great job Ted, and what a great way to tell the story.  :thumbsup:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Eric Krewson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2005, 08:44:00 AM »
You are a talented writer indeed! Great job.

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
Excellent! Well done! The pics are great!

(Lotz)
I wish someone had the time to find and compile all these Mr. Clean stories together, from start to finish. Then place it all under the Highlights Section for this season, under Mr. Clean or Bama Stans left handed bow. I would like to print and keep the thread, for my journal.

I would do it myself, but I can't even find all the threads,,, can't even find Stans original post on the bow. Not much on computer skills here.

Anyway's, Ted, you done real good!

Canyon,,, have a good, safe hunt, and keep us posted!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline SuperKodiak38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
Good recovery Ted.

Those tenderloins look awful good, too bad I am not left handed, maybe even I could actually kill something with that stick.

Now about the apparent Schizophrenia issue....   :bigsmyl:
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline Otto

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2005, 02:00:00 PM »
Nice deer and great story!!  Congrats!!
Otto

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
Ted,,first off,, Congrats on your success, second,,Thank you for a very involved & imaginative way to tell the story and last but not least if you & Guru ever string out a story this long again I'm gonna @#$%^&*....  :knothead:    :banghead:  LOL !!

Thank you and CONGRATS to you all!
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline Bama Stan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
Who's next. I think canyon is. Can we slip someone in?

Stan

Offline kcbrown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2005, 10:35:00 PM »
Good story, well done  :thumbsup:
She said " did you see that?" He said "Of course!!!" She said " Why did you step in it then?"

Offline Razorbak

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2005, 01:01:00 AM »
Congrats and great story
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2005, 04:39:00 AM »
Stan slippin someone in would be great. We really aren't ready yet as it's a little early for our season. The late deer doesn't start until Dec 16th and Jason and I talked about a Christmas day hunt with Mr Clean followed by a special Javelina hunt scheduled with some other Tradgangers for Jan 1.

If that doesn't fit in the schedule though just chasin bunnies would be a privledge.

Jim Coffey
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Dadbob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: November 27, 2005, 03:57:00 PM »
Thanks Ted for a great story well told! And for the instructional value to all those newbies and oldies wanting tips on cipherin' out how a shot deer is gonna start thinkin and actin'. Thanks for taking us along on a sucessful hunt, shot, and recovery, and congradulations on the whole deal!
Bob

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: November 27, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
Thanks for all of the kind words folks.  Being a part of this whole Left Handed Story Bow Experience that Bama Stan has put together has really been an outstanding experience.  Having had the opportunity to kill something with the bow was a plus, but even if I hadn't my time with Mr. Clean would have been a success.  I spend so much time 'taking' from the Trad Gang in the sense that I listen to what you guys say everyday at work, but this was my first try at  giving something of substance back other than the occasional post here and there.  The fact that you all seemed to like the ride that Mr. Clean and I went on . . . well, that's all the better.

I wanted to report that I am now officially one of "The Boys on The Belly of the Bow".  This afternoon I added the following just above Guru's signature on the upper limb "Ted Kinney 'Thanksgiving Doe' 11/24/05".

The bow is packed up and ready to go.  Stan please let me know where you would like it to go.  If we want to squeeze someone in, then just let me know where I should send it and I will do it right away.

I agree with Guru's sentiments completely now that the bow is packed up - I don't really want to part with it.  It's a nice bow, but that's not what's cool about it.  That bow is building some serious mojo.  I hope that the good times keep going with everyone else who gets to spend time with it.

Lastly, I agree with Osagetree.  I would love to see all of these stories and experiences with this bow tracked and documented somewhere.  Heck, we could even throw some of these stories together and submit them to TBM.  I think this Mr. Clean Experience is awesome and I would love to share the story even with people beyond 'the gang'.

Thanks again folks - this was a very rewarding process.

Ted

Offline Bama Stan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: November 27, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
Ted, I sent you an e-mail. Let me know if you got it.

Stan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©