INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Feeling Froggy?  (Read 6723 times)

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Feeling Froggy?
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
C'mon Bill, they's bout the finest eatin that'll ever grace a hot skillet! Specially them ones from spring fed tanks in central to south Texas...saweeet like honey.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline wifishkiller

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2005, 12:28:00 PM »
Thats a joke right they are darn good eating

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 06, 2005, 03:33:00 PM »
Well, at least Bill says it aloud and not behind the scenes. I think I've just about been taught to not show any more pics of my trips. Always someone there to level a blow. I must have read something wrong. This site is about hunting legal game with legal means isn't it? I am headed out for am evening pig hunt now. I will not show pics if I am successful. I will post them at Stickbow where I expect to take a beating! I have now been taught my lesson. See yall around! CK

ADMIN, HERE IS ANOTHER OF MY THREAD THAT NEEDS TO BE LOCKED DOWN. I seem to bring out controversy whatever I do. Lets not create anymore anomosity!

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 06, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
CK, I like to your posts, makes me want to go look you up or at least know where you hunt.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 06, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
Curtis,

Send me an email of EVERY member that gave you grief over your legal hunt.  This garbage has got to stop.  Bowhunters shouldn't get beat up by other bowhunters for BOWHUNTING.

And also include a recipe for frog legs.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 06, 2005, 04:51:00 PM »
Originally posted by Bill at work:
Don't shoot frogs! Tha't just wrong!
Hi Bill,

That's a fairly bold and conclusive statement, isn't it.  As a frog hunter, and father of a budding frog hunter, I'd like to hear what information you have to arrive at said conclusion.  Perhaps you can convince me that what I do is wrong.  I really am open-minded.  If you can't I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from posting with such absolutism.

Thank you,

Stan

Side note to moderators - that's about as toned down as I could make that.  I'm not trying to stir the pot, just an honest request for more info.  However, if I don't get more info, I'd like to see the above post removed.

Offline bow loving man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 06, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »
Curtis, Keep doing what you are doing...Admin will take care of this...Remember respect is  what this site is about and I am sure it will be handled properly.  Your hunts and the pictures that go along with them are some of us guys only link to sanity during a stressful week at work!  thanks as always for sharing, pictures and all!  Barry
"...on earth as it is in heaven..."

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 06, 2005, 05:03:00 PM »
I had the priveledge to chase frogs with Curtis while I was in Texas this summer.  I never connected, but it wasn't from lack of trying.

And I love frog legs.  Eat them every chance I get.

Offline GreenJeans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2005, 05:24:00 PM »
Northern folk get 300 lb. deer / Southern folk get 10 lb. frogs.  Seems fair to me! Two frogs to the skillet. Wow!
Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Offline GreenJeans

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 06, 2005, 05:28:00 PM »
P.S. Curtis, the blurred photo is called a haint in East TN!
Remember--Some People are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them.

Some people can paint the Sistine chapel, some people can finger-paint, and some people just eat the Crayons....

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 06, 2005, 06:35:00 PM »
Curtis, from the bottom of my heart, giving in to the jealous, bitter souls only encourages their pathetic behavior. I know your sand, and I say you might want to reevaluate your position: you are allowing a few of sad individuals to control you the way they want to....when there's thousands on here that look forward to you sharing your hunts.

You are truly one of the heros of our trad bowhunting community, maybe I don't tell you that enough...but I always look forward to your stories, your pics, and most of all your company while in the field. I know personally that your ethics are without question, that your spirit is one of giving and sharing to others, that you share an appreciation of all that God has given you, that you are truly blessed with skills that few others will ever hope to attain....I'm proud to call you my friend. Do what you must, but do so out of your own choice, not coersion from "fleas".....

Offline Luke Vander Vennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 06, 2005, 06:37:00 PM »
well said JC.
Dances with Turtles

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 06, 2005, 06:51:00 PM »
Man that JC got a way with words!  :thumbsup:
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline Bill Curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 06, 2005, 06:53:00 PM »
Guys,
The don't kill frogs was a joke. Anyone who knows me knows that they are my favorite animals. I don't know why, they just are. I don't have a problem with people eating them or killing them I just wouldn't, er couldn't do it myself. Lord knows I've killed just about everything else worth shooting at.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline StanM

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 06, 2005, 06:57:00 PM »
That's cool, Bill.  Just throw a    :bigsmyl:    or a    :p    or something at us.  Hard to tell that the original was a joke.  Sorry if I offended with my previous post, as I read yours as serious.

Stan

Offline rocdoc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2005, 07:04:00 PM »
Whew.....glad I JUST NOW read this thread!  My blood pressure went up on the previous page, but is back to normal now.     :thumbsup:

Stan.....I LOVE froglegs.  I used to hunt them all the time when I was a kid. My mom has a picture of me when I was 8 sitting on my bike with 5 bull-frogs I had shot with my .22 hanging off the hanlebars.  I 'harvested' them at my gradad's pond....hasn't been a frog on that pond in probably 15 years, or anywhere else around here where I used to hunt them.  Don't know whats happened to our frog population here, but am happy to see them thriving in TX!  I've even thought of trying to raise some to get the population going again.
"The crappy stuff makes you a better bowyer, but the good stuff makes better bows"....Ferret

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 06, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
Well, I didn't recognize Bill's handle at work and without a smiley at the end of the post, I hackled up a bit.

Now that I see it was Bill Curlis, I realize he was just funnin'.... dehackled.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Bill Curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 06, 2005, 07:31:00 PM »
Sorry for the added dash of whoop a$$. Things sure went down hill in a hurry.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 06, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
I don't think Bill's post is what Curtis is referring to. I checked his profile afore I posted and figgered his was a friendly poke, everone here know's ol Bill Curlis is a friend of trad bowhunters. I think there are other, less honorable and genuine, miscreants at work here.

Offline Bill Curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 06, 2005, 08:17:00 PM »
Thanks JC,

The world got a little off center there for a while.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©