INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Winter Hunt With CHARLIE LAMB  (Read 2680 times)

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
Winter Hunt With CHARLIE LAMB
« on: December 26, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
Ok here’s the deal. I received a call Christmas night from Moderator #8  and it seems that he wants to go on a Bunny Hunt in Wyoming in the winter, he was rattling on something about a story and Hemmingway,  :confused:   I am thinking probably more along the lines of Patrick McManus but oh well that’s Charlie. Any how I think I need some help from The Trad Gang here.  :scared:  
      vance

Offline SuperKodiak38

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Winter Hunt With CHARLIE LAMB
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2005, 10:13:00 PM »
Well I am sure he ain't too particular, Wyoming can't be but so cold in January, right?

Good luck fella's, I look forward to the story and the pictures.
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2005, 10:27:00 PM »
I've got a friend just like you Vance, matter of fact he stopped over for Christmas to tell a story or two about me......Charlie's a lucky man, but I'm not sure if he knows what he's in for.  Experience tells me that there will be two distinct sides to this story, I can't wait to hear them both!  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2005, 12:11:00 AM »
Well I see now how it's gonna be. Vance should know I still know my way around a dinner table... can opener and a can of beans... as far as drinkin anything that foams, let's just say I've slowed down a might. Found out that grain alcohol will take the head right off a beer!  ;)  

And the motorcycle... I'd about forgotten that one. The fire didn't do that bike much good and I'm just happy I wasn't going all that fast when I got off it!  :scared:  

No doubt there's great adventures ahead. I'm countin on a rabbit smack down and who knows what else.
I think we should be able to squeeze a story (lie) or two out of this trip.  :readit:

It'll be good to hit the sagebrush with my old huntin bud Vance.
You arrow vendors stand by for an order or two. I have a feeling my arrow supply is gonna take a hit!!   :thumbsup:  

I've already notified the local paramedics.    "[tunglaff]"  And I ain't goin anywhere near ice or open water.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2005, 12:17:00 AM »
Dam Boy.... I thought you were out of town  :knothead:

Offline WaKeDa BT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2005, 02:19:00 PM »
Vance, I know it's hard to find a Sears and Roebuck catalog anymore but you could atleast supply that "john" with a cabelas catalog. I'd hate to hear that poor Charlie ran outta socks...
"Shoot'em when they ain't lookin"

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2005, 03:37:00 PM »
Vance ,
will be bunnie huntin' with Charlie mid March can hardly wait also lookin for pointers .my pleasure to share the Texas Sweat with Charlie last spring and one of my bestest memories is of Charlie sitting back from the table listening to the boys and every so often i would catch his eye  and see that smile in his eyes and at the corner of his mouth .
WakeDa maybe just the local paper . found in my experience those shinny pages just seemed to add more work to the job   ;)  
Vance i know you and Charlie will have a great time ---- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
Hummm? Are you taking Charlie hunting or putting him up in the Wyoming Hilton? That fella hasn't ever needed a fire place or heater when he hunts with me. Dang, A mattress too???? You are really going all out.
Now, eatin is all together a different story. If you are going to get Charlie away from the table, you will have to hide the peanuts and beer. I thought he was going to stay in camp on the first Texas Sweat.

Of course he decided to head out and find something more substantial after he finished off the peanuts and beer. Can you believe he brought this in and said, "cook this, I'm hungry".

Of course I complied after looking at that look in his eye. Shoosh! He can get kinda edgy when he is hungry!!!! The best advice I can give you is to make sure Charlie gets his snow-shoes on properly this time. The last time he kept trying to put the shoes on with the point towards the back. I told him they'd work better with the point forward but he's kinda hard headed too. Good luck shooting bunnies. Charlie is a game hog and generally doesn't leave any for his gracious host to shoot. Damn Im glad I wasn't invited. I hear it may get kinda cold. LOL! CK

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »
Man I sure thought he was out of town, when I posted that  :bigsmyl:
 Hunt... My side of this adventure will be the true and accurate account. I think
Wake... I DON'T WANT HIM MOVING IN. I thought the Christmas tree boughs would work then burn them, you know recycle..Enviro correct and all that stuff. Herb... If ya went through it once what would possess you to do it twice. Hope you have as much fun as we do!!
Curtis.. I ask Charlie if he wanted to throw you in. His reply " You Never Ever mention Curtis and Cold at the same time. Glad to hear that he finally is only using one pair of snow shoes, in the olden days he had a small pair he put on his hands, said it made it easier for him to crawl around when he fell down. LOL I think the Game and Fish know somethings up. They seem to be spending a lot of time looking at my houes with their BIG EYES and they have started tagging all the wabbits. I wonder???   And I have no Peanuts........        vance

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
I worked horses for ten years, and buddy, there are some things that foam what ain't got a LICK of alcohol in them!

As far as the recliner goes, see if the community pool has any blown-out aluminum and webbing chaise lounges that they are tossing. The holes prolly aren't big enough to let Charlie's butt leak out too far, and it will be lightweight. That way you can use it for a bed, a fireside recliner AND still bungee it into the pickup bed without having to lift a lot of weight. That is, if you can talk Charlie out of it first.

Tarps are good! If one leaks, you can put another one over it and the leaky spots probably won't match up. The Forest Service went to using enzymes in their pit toilets instead of lime. Lime preserves things, ya know. I hear that saliva is full of enzymes, so you can probably just spit in the loo periodically to keep things nice enough for your honored guest.

Glad to see the Coors Light. It is my official November brew in camp, endorsed by most of the Chagrined Again Hunting Club.

Killdeer
Founder and Whipper-In
Chagrined Again Hunting Club
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »
Looks like coors lite fits his hand real good   :bigsmyl:  

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2005, 08:14:00 PM »
Dang Lush!   "[dntthnk]"

Offline herb haines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2005, 07:52:00 AM »
Killy Dar.. we had some of that Corona stuff from Mexico via Canada in Texas ( wonder what the recyclers thought of those bottles with French and English ( both official languages )on them !!!  those boys got to have fun cause they will be hunting Bunnies !!!!---- herb
"Heaven is just over the next ridge......"

Hello Darlin'

Offline OH at work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2005, 08:10:00 AM »
Iron,
I noticed from these pics that Charlie is always holding lite beer.  Looks like he is on one of those health binges and trying to keep the carbs down  :readit:  

Joe

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »
Boy I am sure glad everyone shares in my excitement on making this a great hunt and thanks  :scared: . Sept getting it in the bottels will be a B____   :eek:    :eek:  Yep every thing about Charlie Lamb is LIGHT  :thumbsup:  Bows, Arrows, chairs, every thing BUT his Eating. Perhaps just a CHEAP bottle of Tequila when he wakes up it'll be time for him to return............. vance

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
Nice to have friends, huuh Charlie   :scared:    ;)

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
RC...... Your turn is at HAND  :scared:    :scared:  this will act as a HEADS UP   :scared:    :scared:

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
I think I got it strait.

Live's on peanuts an beer an likes things primative while huntin  :D  

Oh yeh, don't mind the cold and take's bath's thru the ice.

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2005, 02:10:00 PM »
HEY!!! I been framed! Sheesh! Go away for a few days hunting and look at this carp!

Looks like I'm gonna have to pack my kit and head off into the teeth of Wyoming in winter to get even.

Matter of fact, I'll be on the road first thing tomorrow and should arrive sometime Monday night or Tuesday morning.

I'm assured by my intrepid guide that the place is stiff with giant whitetail jacks decimating the hay stacks and that cottontails are balled up and waiting behind every willow.

With a little luck and a lot of energy we may even take a shot at a true rabbit slam... one each of each of the three species available in the same day. (it's a silly little "scoring" thing that I developed about the time Chuck Adams got his "Super Slam")

The snow up that way is fresh...within the last 24 hours... and deep enough to make my arrow supply wither and die.

Gonna be a story wrapped around this trip for sure... if I decide to come home this time.  :D
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »
Anyone want to take any Bets  :eek:  He'll arrive either right at LUNCH time   :scared:    :scared:    :scared:   LOTS of snow last night 8-10" You'll need to bring your L O N G  legs

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©