INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87360 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
(Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« on: January 01, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
Here it is folks!! I know you guys and gals have been waiting for this!!! This years hunt will be the 17th.+18th. of February. There are more bunnies this year than I have ever seen, now lets hope we get a bit of snow by than. It will be held at my Dads place and there is room for as many to sleep over as need be. This as most of ya know is about the hunting first and than the raffle. We take donations and hold a huge raffle and all the proceeds go to the St. Judes Childrens Hospital, so start making your knives, arrows, bows, and whatever else ya can think of and bring it along. I already have a bow and arrows for the table and dknow of a lot of other stuff that is in the works as well. The hunt begins on sat(17th.) and ya can arrive anytime around 7am on that date. If ya need to come in earlier,PM me and I can get ya put up for the night. I will post a list in the next few days of what food and such is needed. It will be very generic and you guys post on here what ya are bringing and I will keep a list(or someone will)(LOL!)and we will update it closer to the hunt. We have a meet and greet and than some warm shooting in the yard and than lunch and off to hunt the afternoon. We come back and have a huge dinner and than the raffle is held Saturday night. I know most of ya know the drill but we always have some newbies, so I am letting them know. This has become a great event and I want to Thank each and everyone of you for making it so special. So bring it on and do not forget a lot of arrows, as the arrow munching steel is ready to go and I believe the rabbit launcher will be back as well! All I can say is: OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline larry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »
check this out, first one to respond, gotta be a good sign...I'm sure I'll kill one this year   :thumbsup:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »
A lot to write about, so I forgot some things. The address of the hunt is: 16 Old School Rd.
                            Selkirk NY 12158 ya can punch this in Mapquest or such for directions. I will post directions from exit 23 of the NYS Thru-way as well. Everyone is welcome to attend, please remember no broadheads, for safety reasons. I will be running Ben again this year as he is 16 and it will most likely be his last chance. As I said I will post a list of food and beverages, and whatever else we need as time goes on!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
Larry, I know ya can hit'em, Kill'em we will see!!(LOL!)OOOOOOOHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2007, 11:16:00 AM »
Yeaaaaaaaaa Hahhhhhhhhhhhhh
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2007, 11:37:00 AM »
- - - - - - >>------->    :scared:  <-------<< - - - - -

- - - - - - - - - >>------>  :eek:  <------<< - - - - - -

I CAN'T WAIT!!!.....mike..... :wavey:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline AZStickman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2007, 11:41:00 AM »
Great event for an even greater cause....... Good job Shawn....   :thumbsup:  ,,,, Terry
"The reward of a thing well done is to have done it.".. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »
And so it begins........OOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2007, 12:04:00 PM »
OOOOOOHHHHHH YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!

I wouldn't miss this!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2007, 12:13:00 PM »
If I remember correctly thats Larry "The Bunny Barber" not Larry "The Bunny Killer"!!!!!!!LOL

Shawn I won't be able to attend this year. I fell during one of my hikes this year and tore out the cartiledge in my left hip. Now waiting for the go ahead on a hip replacement. I will send somethings up for the raffle.

Hope everyone has fun. I'll be wishing I was there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Marked the calendar hopefully will be able to make it.  Maybe my son Josh will tag along.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 01:44:00 PM »
Meat, it would be great to have your son come along. Lee sorry ya cannot make it. Anyone who wants to donate an item for our raffle that is not attending can PM me for my addy. We had some awesome stuff donated last year by people who could not attend. We raised close to $1200 for the kids last year. This hunt is a blast and if ya can make it, ya should come. 102 shots were taken and 4 bunnies were killed. Make sure you wear protective clothing as ya will get bloody!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2007, 01:52:00 PM »
We're in from LI.    :bigsmyl:    
That's if'n it dont snow that weekend. If it does, I'll be doin' the airport thing.    :(  

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Meat,

He'll have company as Hunter wants to come this year too. Be good to see you again too.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2007, 02:17:00 PM »
He is 13 so he can hunt small game now which should be fun.  I better start digging up some arrows.    :D
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Hey Shawn, if it's ok, I'd like to join you guys this year. I've heard great things about this event and have already told the wife I won't be home that weekend. I've even got something for your raffle.   ;)

ohh, look at that, page 2 already. LOL
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »
Brent, sounds good to me. You will have a blast meeting all the guys and gal(Mo) who come to the hunt. OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2007, 03:31:00 PM »
If anyone is thinking of making this event you will have more fun than you know what to do with.Shawn and his family are the the best and Shawn works hard to make this event go off smooth.I can't wait till it gets here looking foward to the get together to meet old friends and make some new ones.Lets all hope for a little snow. >>>>-----> ED  :campfire:
Put some air under it.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2007, 03:51:00 PM »
I should also ask ya guys start posting if ya are gonna come or not. It is nice to have a number. Last year we had 33 to start the hunt and there is more room. I have new area to hunt his year. We may skip BriarBack Mountain, just that part not the part by the green houses as that is real good. I am gonna hunt this other spot next weekend and see what is in there. Real thick and a big piece of property to hold all of us rabbit slayers. Looks good!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2007, 03:54:00 PM »
Shawn,

I know this might suprise you, but I'll be there!  :goldtooth:    Might have my son Hunter with me too.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©