INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87436 times)

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #100 on: January 06, 2007, 12:37:00 PM »
I just wanted to be the 100th post! LOL

Seriously, Really looking forward to it guys!

Jeremy, tell your wife your not going to hunt, rather this is a business trip. You have orders to finalize and raw materials to purchase/negotiate for.  :)  Tell her you will be able to write off the full cost of the weekend, that should help right? Well, it's true!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2007, 12:52:00 PM »
Hot Hap....  :bigsmyl:  

It's in the mid 60's here right now, unbelievable........

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2007, 01:56:00 PM »
Its great every year this gets bigger and bigger,Shawn you my have to get a bigger table this year  :clapper:   ::The weather should turn before long.I was just down in the shop looking over the inventory of arrows for the hunt,Looks like I will be fine plenty of judos and small game tips,lets go Feb.........>>>>-----> ED
Put some air under it.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2007, 03:41:00 PM »
David, yup, that's what it means.  I'll be putting in the moose drawings as a place keeper only to keep the points.  I should have a 2 month old when the archery season starts here in Sept!    :scared:  

Shawn, I have a quiver here nearly finished if'n ya still want it!

Joe and David, I haven't forgotten about your strings!  My thumb has finally healed to the point I can put a moderate amount of pressure on it... I still can't do a tight twist like I used to but I can start serving strings, so Joe the endless I owe you will be pre-stretched soon.  Be careful with tablesaws kids!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: January 06, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
Yup, I do. I just have been a little nuts this year. Dad being ill and all and me and the misses having our differences. Don't worry she will be there for the hunt, she loves you guys. I will have some $$$ for the quiver or some trade items Jeremy. Ed, I got some arrows for ya as well. Some carbons that are 27.5"s and tough as nails. Remind me when the hunt gets here. The tables will be awesome, I do not know about quantity but quality will be awesome. Looking Good!!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: January 06, 2007, 09:13:00 PM »
Shawn, Hope your father is well. I orderd some HEX heads just for the hunt. The Judos work great but that brush can catch them quick like !!!!
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: January 06, 2007, 09:25:00 PM »
Yup, I have a bunch of hex-heads as well. I am gonna shoot blunts with a little bleeder blade. Food list is coming tomorrow as I was busy today. I am hunting in the morning with Damon, new spot. Lets hope it is good!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: January 06, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
I agree...Judos can do the job on a bunny, but those Ace Hex Bunny Busters come out of a back quiver quick as a field point and don't pull out three other arrows with it!... :) ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<

P.S. Shawn...Hope all will be well with dad.
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Good luck tomorrow Shawn go get them  :archer:  Sounds like the hex heads are the trick...ED
Put some air under it.

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: January 06, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
Pray for snow....Pray for snow....Pray for snow!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: January 06, 2007, 09:54:00 PM »
Hey Shawn! Did I read that right? You have arrows that look like ME? Just 27.5" long and bite their nails?... :scared:   <------<< - - - - - - - - - - - -

Them Bunnies Ain't Got A Chance... :rolleyes: ...

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: January 06, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Shawn, Do you want this "Old Indian" to start "Snow Dancing" yet?????

I gotta work on my "direction" a little more though.....last year David and the rest of the "New England Gang" got 2-3 FEET!!!!!     :eek:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: January 06, 2007, 10:59:00 PM »
Chuck, I sure do, but lets keep it to 4-6"s. I am going to bed as I want to kill a bunny in the morning and will dream of all the snow that will come!!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: January 07, 2007, 08:31:00 AM »
Shawn:

Hope your dad is OK... Remember I live pretty close, so if you need any help with anything let me know. I can come up the weekend before to help. Or the Friday afternoon of the weekend of the hunt. Good luck today with the bunnies.

Bryan

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: January 07, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
this will be my first time attending the bunny hunt and i'm pumped!!!! sounds like a great buch of people.  sure hpe the weather turns before the hunt. was out in a short sleeve shirt hiking this morning, go figure January in N.Y. at 60 degrees!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: January 07, 2007, 11:22:00 AM »
It at a minimum has to get cold, imagine going through those briars in shorts and t shirts??  

David (Who breaks out the shorts when the temp hits 60......no matter what the consequences)
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: January 07, 2007, 11:24:00 AM »
All I can say is OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! The new spot we have to hunt is loaded with bunnies. We only saw about 8 or so, but we did not hunt long and saw a ton of sign. It is thick but has some old trals cut thru which will be awesome. Damon and Justin(Damons son) hunted with me and we all agreed that if we had more guys we would of had  alot of shooting. I got one shot and that was it. If we put 30 guys in this piece the bunnies will be in trouble, I have some greta spots to hunt as you guys know and this is right up there with the best!! Next post is the food List!!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: January 07, 2007, 11:46:00 AM »
Here we go: Beverages- at least 8 cases of canned soda or juice(no glass)---> 2-3 gallons of orange and apple juice---> Main dishes-5-6 to feed at least 15 people or so.---->Hot Dogs and Rolls 3-4 dozen of each---->Lunch Meat+Cheese-5-6#s of lunch meat-2-3#s of cheese--->Chips an assortment of 5-6 big bags---->Pickles-3-4 jars----->Cereal+Milk-3-4-boxesand 2 gallons milk(Recurver)---->Donuts-3-4 dozen---->Bagels +(4) Cream cheese-3-4-dozen----Condiments(Butter 3#s, mustard, ketchup,Hellmans Mayo, relish)----> I will provide a 6ft. sub, (coffee, cream,sugar hot chocolate, tea) I will alos make a huge venison stew. Other dishes that would be good are chili, meatballs, soup, whatever. I will provide the rolls and bread as well. We also need the following: Paper Towels 6-8 rolls----->Paper Plates heavy duty ones like 150 or so.--->Plastic bowls or paper bowls----> Styrofoam Cups for hot beverages at least 120 of each and last but not least plastic silverware, knives,forks and spoons 100 or so of each. I also have the outhouse donated again by Blue Diamond septic, which is great and it will once again be heated!! Lets hope it is cold and we have some snow!! As to the above list post what you are bringing and anything I forgot and I will or someone will will compile the names and such and I will post it as the hunt draws nearer. Also a few targets would be nice for the yard shooting, we have some aerials and the bunny thrower to look forward too!! I am pumped, wait until ya all see the new spot, big and thick but we can set it up nice as there are openings and such, but best of alls lots of bunnies in there!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: January 07, 2007, 11:52:00 AM »
Shawn,

I will bring the Paper Towels 6-8 rolls----->Paper Plates heavy duty ones like 150 or so.--->Plastic bowls or paper bowls----> Styrofoam Cups for hot beverages at least 120 of each and last but not least plastic silverware, knives,forks and spoons 100 or so of each, also bring the bear target I brought last year.

OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: January 07, 2007, 12:16:00 PM »
Hey There Shawn!...I'll bring a few cases of soda...Maybe some fruit punch in cans...(no glass is a good idea)...

Can't wait to get up there!...Just lots of fun!

>>-----> mike <-----<<  :jumper:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©