INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88094 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1220 on: February 18, 2007, 08:00:00 PM »
That is not a misprint. David has the best story to tell, he did some trimming, than some picture taking and than he did the shooting. Wait until david tells this one!! I also put out a bunny that Tom(Swampbuck) and I missed and it come barreling by at full speed and Ru calmly draw back and proceed to make an incredible running shot at about 12 yards and than proceed to dive on him so he would not escape. I also witnessed bjk in some really nasty thick stuff, thread an arrow thru what looked like an impenetrable jungle about 17 yards to anchor a bunny, too bad there was another next to it that ran out and I proceeded to chase fifty yards thru said thick stuff only to find out it was not the same bunny, his was pinned to a tree under the pile. I than returned bloody and battered and watched as bjk shot twice more to try and finish him and miss and guess who got to anchor him, but than retrieve him. You guessed it, the fool that just ran back and forth 50 yards all to end up right back where I started. It was one of the best shots I have seen a guy make!!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1221 on: February 18, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »
PICS!<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1222 on: February 18, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
They will come, I would say hundreds of them will come!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1223 on: February 18, 2007, 08:11:00 PM »
16 Bunnies??????????
That'll teach me to leave early,,,,,,
Way to go...  :clapper:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1224 on: February 18, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
Congrats Shawn. Wish I could have been there. Sounds like it was a GREAT time.  :readit:    :clapper:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1225 on: February 18, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
"HOLY RABBIT FUZZ BATMAN!"...Sixteen Bunnies?...Betca that big 20lb Hog is still out there...Thought is was a deer at first (legs hidden under the snow type of thing)...Then came up from another way...Thought it was Sonny...Can't figure why I wasn't thinking "rabbit"...Whatever... :rolleyes: ...

Had a Great Time!!!...Thank You Shawn and all who made this possible for us to enjoy...

Special Thanks To:

Everyone in the kitchen... :wavey:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1226 on: February 18, 2007, 08:23:00 PM »
Way to go all !!! Wish I could have been there. Marking my calendar for next year!! :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline nanook712

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1227 on: February 18, 2007, 08:25:00 PM »
Wow 16 total! You really had them hoppen this afternoon. Moe and I had a great time and look foward to hearing about this afternoon. Yes Team Pink was in rare form, I'm sure they raised a few eyebrows at the Comfort Inn. On the way out I grabbed a copy of Full Draw which I thought were put out for the taking, got home and found a CD in it so who ever this belongs to email me and I will mail it out right away. Linc; Moe and I love the knapped knives and arrow heads, will see you at Deerslayers. Stone Knife said he runs between 20 and 25 miles a week won't be long before he's eating Joe's dust tee hee. Nice bow you won Joe. Everyone good to see Ya's and be safe. Thanks for the memories Moe and Fran

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1228 on: February 18, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
SHawn-- A very LARGE thanx to you, your family (and their friend(s)), Curt --who is like the offensive coordinator-- and does not get enough credit at times,  and anyone else I forgot to credit....

The Bunny Hunt keeps getting better year after year and I cannot beleive how much fun I had hunting in these conditions.....I will never forget the visions of some guys--including myself--rolling over and out of snow drifts that were 3 plus feet........

thanx again------

Oh YEahhhhh--------16 bunnies----WOW---I think there was a total of 7 when we left around noon-------you guys kicked some a$$$...

...........Mark F.
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1229 on: February 18, 2007, 08:27:00 PM »
I also want to say this. We actually killed 19 bunnies but three were not with arrows. You see we had them bunnies so scared that 3 committed suicide. They actually ran and dove into and old well and drowned. We fished them out and added them to the pot!!(LOL!!) but actual bow killed bunnies was 16!!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1230 on: February 18, 2007, 08:30:00 PM »
We raised plenty at the Comfort Inn, and even more at breakfast...right Mikey   :thumbsup:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1231 on: February 18, 2007, 08:40:00 PM »
Mark is right, Curt is my right hand man. He has hunted the property enough, that I can say put out the watchers or organis ethe next push and it is just like I would do it. I think him and I just kinda know what each one is thinking or wants to do. He wanted to do the greenhouse push and I was kinda thiking it would be good but a bit of a hassle. He said lets just do it, it worked out awesome. David also is right up there with the know how to get these drives set up and Jeremy also can relied on big time. Jamie the knew guy also is gonna know his stuff very quick. Pretty soon you guys won't need me and I can stay back at the house and have a few drinks and get the food ready!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1232 on: February 18, 2007, 08:50:00 PM »
Well...It was Marks idea...We were just sitting there, waiting to order breakfast when Mark says..."Hey Mikey! If you go put on that pink hat and walk back in here, breakfast is on me."

You Guessed It!!! Out I go...In I come with the PRETTY IN PINK FUZZY HAT w/ Turkey Feathers and Pink and White Beads...You had to be there!!!

Remember the hat was in honor of Joe my good buddy...And to benefit the kids at St. Jude...

Show Me Some Pictures...  :p  ...Please...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1233 on: February 18, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
LQQking for any excuse to wear the hat......

Ya would have done it any how....
Next year bring the Matching coat.... :biglaugh:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1234 on: February 18, 2007, 08:54:00 PM »
That is what I was getting at with the guys who are there settign up early, etc...Shawn and his Fam do an outstandign job, but Shawn has a bunch of people helping out before with so many things...until you actually witness it, you can't even imagine the amount of work...

Awesome job All!!!    :thumbsup:

Offline Keith Deters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1235 on: February 18, 2007, 08:59:00 PM »
I have been going to this hunt for the last 3 years.  Shawn and his family are the greatest hosts and really make the hunt a fabulous time for all their guests.  They really make you feel at home. Thanks to you all.

The hunting was great.  Even though snow dancing Chuck was at risk of a serious mass blunting, the deep snow really helped with the hunt.  Rabbit valley is the best place on earth.

To all of you hunters, great to see you all again, and to meet the newcomers.  Hard to believe so many rabbits can be had by a bunch of stick flingers.

I've got to say,  little Joe is one tough dude. Nothing short of impressive.  And he knows how to hunt too.  When he shoots, he aims to kill.

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1236 on: February 18, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
Kingstaken, I had almost forgot that statement regarding the runway, that had to have been one of the most funny and unexpected things to hear, although what with all those practice take-offs and landings on Saturday it certainly had merit, just funny to hear though.
Also, everything said regarding Ru's knives and the tenacity of young Joe is true !!...wow, great work by the both of them  :thumbsup:      :notworthy:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1237 on: February 18, 2007, 09:10:00 PM »
HELLO!!!!! How about thanking "The Snow Dancer"    :rolleyes:  

Only Kidding LOL!!!!! ACTUALY.....I would like to thank you guys for doing me "Grave Bodily Harm" (I understand that there was a "secret" auction held last night.The highest bidder would get to "break my legs" and the proceeds would go to St.Judes)

I would like to thank Shawn and his "Crew" for the GREATEST TIME!!!!! Kevin and I had a BLAST!!!!! We wouldn't miss the "Bunny Hunt" for anything!!!!!

Shawn.....You really out-did yourself Brother!!!!!

Your Mom would be proud!!!!! (actualy I'm sure she's looking down,smiling from ear to ear saying.....

"That's MY Boy"    :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1238 on: February 18, 2007, 10:06:00 PM »
I am exhausted. THere will be lots more, but for now!! Goodnight! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1239 on: February 18, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
I'm home, cleaned up, fed (again) and totally BEAT!  It was a hard two days going through all that snow!  But man was it worth it!  16 bunnies!!!  OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Don't worry guys, there will be plenty of pics to come.  Curt was shooting his camera just as much as his bow.

I have to say a BIG thank you to Shawn and his family and everyone else that makes this hunt so memorable!  It was great seeing everyone again and putting a few more faces to names was a treat!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©