INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87821 times)

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1260 on: February 19, 2007, 09:44:00 AM »
Also lets not forget shawns daughter she did a great job and worked very hard,a big thankyou!we have many more stories to be told and Curt has a bunch of pics also.This is growing every year and getting bigger just think over 2000 dollars for the kids Outstanding   :clapper:
Put some air under it.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1261 on: February 19, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »
Mornin guys,in one word I think I can sum it up....

WOW!! I still can,t believe we got 16 bunnies,the $$$ doesn,t surprise me that much considering the folks we have involved here but 16 bunnies WOW

After the first push we had 1 bunny bail under a shed right off the bat but didn,t move anything after that and I told Shawn we'd be lucky to get a bunny and no way are we gonna get over 100 shots,he agree'd we were gonna have trouble....boy oh boy were we wrong on that one OOOOOOO YEEEAAAA

Thanks to everyone the Leonard faimly in particular and the young guy's that are our future.I really really enjoy'd hearin Ru hollar "I got him" esspecially after Shawn and I just missed that bunny LOL Stone knife's boy was very impressive,conditions were,nt exactly easy be any means.

I did finally get to do somethin that I said I'd do a couple yrs ago but more on that later...

What a blast I'm pretty sure that Sonny enjoyed himself too even if he did bloody up a couple things that hang low between his legs ouch,The snow was well over his head but ya know beagle,s they are persistant hunter's and great faimly pets.

I,ll be back later YEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAW!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1262 on: February 19, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
Curt drags me up at 5:30 yesterday and today where is he. Come on bud, post some pics.!! Everyone who attends this event is awesome and I am proud to call ya my friends. I know i get grumpy at times but It was well worth it, those bunnies committing suicide really shows we know what we are doing!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1263 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
Way To Go Ed!!!... Some Real Nice Pictures!!!...Seems where "I" had to walk the snow was in three foot drifts...Kinda like swimming in ice cream... :rolleyes: ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1264 on: February 19, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
I'd like to send out a BIG thank you to Shawn and his family, Curt and all else who made this happen    :clapper:  it was good to meet some of the faces behind the names.

Gene
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1265 on: February 19, 2007, 10:04:00 AM »
LOL 3Dmuzzy that bow isn,t no where near the bottom of  the snow.Did make for handy bow holders though didn,t it LOL

Shawn,ya know Curt like's to draaaaaaag things out LOL

Awesome time guys/gals thanks again

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1266 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
POOR SONNY!!!!!!!!!!     :(    I was hurtin' just LOOKIN' at him!!!!!     :eek:    

He sure is a tough little Bunny Runner!!!!!    :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1267 on: February 19, 2007, 10:26:00 AM »
Guys, not draggin' it out at all...I have the kids today,so will post pix when I can throughout the day.....

I want to personally thanks Shawn and his family for doing this....you guys have no idea what Shawn is going through behind the scenes!! The guy's a ROCK!

And I don't mean just physically!! How he pulled this off with everything he's dealing with is absolutely amazing! Please don't ask....

The only credit I deserve is helping at the hunt itself.The day before Jamie,Damon(who never even made it),Shawn and his girls, deserve all the credit.....we all just show up to enjoy the fruit of their labor!!

pix/stories to come soon......

Chuck I have that pic!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1268 on: February 19, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Shawn,s girls did an awesome job helpin out for sure they deserve alot of    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1269 on: February 19, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
Here here. The work they did putting/keeping this hunt together was absolutely amazing!   :clapper:    :clapper:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1270 on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:00 AM »
The only thing better would of Curt killin' a bunny. David and Ton who have been here from the start each got one and I even managed to kill a couple. It would of been cool for Curt to get his, he had a great hit but the bunny got a way. This has been a great time and I will trey and make next years a bit better. I do not know if we will ever kill more bunnies though. Thanks guys!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1271 on: February 19, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
OK I finally caught up with this thread...
Great to meet everyone, and share some fantastic times afield wit all of you. It was one of, if not THE, best weekends of all time. I had a blast, learned quite a bit, laughed a lot, and I even managed to get some bunny fur on an arrow(David can finish that story  LOL)
Did I mention I was speechless after the raffle? Im still in a state of disbelief....Two bows, arrows, couple of movies, gloves-hat-camo duffle, couple of carved ducks....did I mention the TWO BOWS?! Guess I can sell the wheelie bow...
The snow was rough...Stoneknife's kid...incredible. And he beat the steel monster. A feat only a few can claim.
I want to say thanks to ALL of you. I walked up into a crowd of strangers, I left a group of friends. Shawn and family...amazing event....great job.
Now the only thing left to do is get my first trad kill....LOL.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1272 on: February 19, 2007, 11:14:00 AM »
Ok, my turn for thank you's. First to Shawn and his family for hosting such a great event. I'm sure when Shawn first started this he and his parents had no idea it would become this big. Also a big thank you to Guru. He may not think he did much, but he certainly was there every time help was needed. I think we should also thank all the folks who donated items to the raffle. Without those things we wouldn't have raised nearly as much money for St. Jude’s.

I can honestly say I've never been on a more physically grueling or incredibly enjoyable hunt in my life. I laughed so much this weekend my ribs still hurt (wait, maybe that's from the chest deep snow drifts I got stuck in). I had a chance to meet some great people that I only knew from the board and make some new friends. There are so many high lights from the weekend I can't even begin to list them. I've already told the wife to schedule me gone for next year! OHHHHH YEAHHHHH  :)
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1273 on: February 19, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »
Terry's victim of the steel...nice bird point!

Terry's boys head shooting a care bear....

I'm laughing just thinking about this...crazy Mike "mcgroundstalker" pulling up with classical music blasting, getting out acting like a classical conducter,and pulling out bag after bag of stuffed critters to shoot at...everything from beenie baby' to winnie the pooh.....I live the little guy!

little Joe, Jim's (stoneknife) boy lettin' pluto have it...

The whole crew from Saturday(selftimer on a tripod)....

The hunt begins....

to be honest after the first two pushes it didn't look real promising.But that would all change....

Here's one to show how deep the snow was in some spots....Shawn donning gloves to reach into a rabbit hole....

DEEP SNOW!!!  Jamie(ishiwannabe)...

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1274 on: February 19, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
Jim "stoneknife" and Joe(one tough little bugger!!).....

Young Ru,before he became an official "bunny slayer"......

The huntmaster....

Bryan "bjk", David "huntrdfk", and Joe Skipp....three fine fellas!

I'll have to get more downloaded......
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1275 on: February 19, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
hey guys it was a great time gettin to meet some of you. Dad and I were only able to make it out on the first sunday morning hunt but the dinner, raffle, and just hanging out with everyone saturday night and then sunday morning was great.
Shooting all those stuffed animals and "runnin" wooden rabbits was a blast. I think my favorite was everytime about 25 guys missed and that disc gently rolled into the far snowbank untouched.
I also enjoyed listening to Shawn tell his stories; priceless. But sharing a morning push by the greenhouses next to shawn was very cool, he knows his land and how to get them bunnies out(still dont know how that arrow went rite through that bunny without hitting him but anyway). thankyou to shawn for everything you do to make this happen. Also thanks to swampbuck for bringin sonny along and let us hunt over him, that dog was workin his tail off and that was my first time hunting with a dog and i loved it. hope our new pup turns out to be like him.
Thanks to everyone and see you next year.
Tim

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1276 on: February 19, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
My first thoughts when we started the first push as I was breaking trail......"I'm having trouble getting through this stuff, my legs hurt already, this is gonna be a looooonnggg weekend". It's over and I'm ready to start again!  

I have a few pics I'll try to get up, let's start with this one.......

This is the outside of a hedgerow near the airport runway, the snow here is waist deep, as you can see Mo was able to move across it by crwaling on her knees, behind her you can see Mike C standing tall as he walks across the top....

:biglaugh:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1277 on: February 19, 2007, 11:56:00 AM »
Here is part of the Saturday morning crowd.  Saturday was a beautiful day weather wise, it was warm with no wind which is something you don't see there very often.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Tony Phillips

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1278 on: February 19, 2007, 12:45:00 PM »
Congratulations on raising the money and for the 16 bunnies. There is nothing finer then hunting rabbits with bows and the good friends both old and new. It looks like all had a great time.

At GORH we got only 2 bunnies but had many shot opportunities. We didn’t have any dogs, so some of the more daring went into the ruff stuff.
Tony Phillips
“What we do in life echoes in eternity”

56" Striker Stinger
52" Saluki Scythian
54" Saluki Turk

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1279 on: February 19, 2007, 12:50:00 PM »
hey, did anyone get a picture of swampbucks handwriting in the snow?    :biglaugh:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©