INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87798 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1280 on: February 19, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »
OH NOOOOO!...Somebody told me it was a Gatorade spill...So I made a lemon/lime snow cone for bjk to eat...He liked it!...Alot!...  :eek:  ...The guy was beggin' for it!...(he forgot his water bottle)...Another Boy Scout...GEEeeezzz...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1281 on: February 19, 2007, 01:00:00 PM »
While it was amuseing it certainly wasn,t my hand writeing LOL NO SIR not me    :biglaugh:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1282 on: February 19, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
LMAO....I forgot about that! The pics are great everyone...dont forget I was standing in that one pic....gives ya an idea as to the snow depth(for those who couldn't make it). Those there will never forget Im sure.
I think eveyone that made a kill should do a write up...especially David. LOL.
Really was a great time...cant wait until the next one. Next time though...we need to stop Chuck from dancing so much....I vote for duct tape.  :saywhat:  
So who is into turkey hunting?Lmao.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1283 on: February 19, 2007, 01:10:00 PM »
Perhaps Ken can fingerprint the "pen" to see who really did the writeing LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1284 on: February 19, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
Sonny was working his nuts off not his tail!(LOL!!) I carried him back a ways and I am not ashamed to admit I tried to warm him up a bit, great dogs those beagles!! I love the pics., it brings memories that will last a lifetime! I witnessed so much cool stuff it was amazing. Guys were walking up the road and the hunt was done, but I had one last thougt. Give Curt one more chance, as was said above I know my hunting spots and I figured I had one last chance to show it. I yelled for Curt to move up and a couple guys followed. They got off the road and I went into a real tangle and low and behold kicked on more out, Curt shot first followed by a couple more, that one got away and ended one of the greatest hunts of my life!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1285 on: February 19, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Shawn, my hat is off to you for organizing  the J.L. Memorial hunt. I know how hard it is to get something like this off the ground...   ;)    ;)
You had like 50 guys? I'm gonna have about 20 and I'm pulling my hair out!! LOL

Congrats on the $$ raised and the 16 bunnies!!!

I hope we can at least see some..lol, our big northern ýotes and fox eat them up as quick as they are born.
Good job.
BD   :bigsmyl:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1286 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
Nobody is touching my Pen!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1287 on: February 19, 2007, 01:26:00 PM »
Shawn, thanks again for a great time. My two boys are still talking about your 60 yard shot at the tree rat! You got them hooked on bunny hunting and we'll be chasing a few in the fields behind the house.

David K., Tyler and Jeff practically wore out the half dozen arrows you gave them! Thank you very much!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1288 on: February 19, 2007, 01:58:00 PM »
A bunch of good people to shoot and talk with.I couldnt leave my partner behind but man I was jonesing to be out there with the hunt.Thats some real nice looking bunny habitat.I hope we can get together at more events before another year passes.Ill be doing a lot of carp shooting on the Mohawk and Saratoga lake.Turkeys in the Daks and Herkimer.Any of you guys would be more than welcome.Thanks Shawn, thanks a lot for putting this together.An incredible tribute to your mom, Im sure the money raised is gonna bring comfort to a sick kid or two and theres nothing in this world more noble than that!Way to go Shawn and Trad Gang!Last of all Jamie and Curt,  thanks for the blunts and thanks to everyone who was so patient and friendly with my little guy.  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1289 on: February 19, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Originally posted by Tony Phillips:
... We didn’t have any dogs, so some of the more daring went into the ruff stuff.
You don't need dogs for the thick stuff... you need Shawn to toss you into it.      :scared:    :thumbsup:

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1290 on: February 19, 2007, 02:38:00 PM »
Sonny did a great job. And after the last push on Sunday I'm a believer. (I wish I could share some pictures but some thicket in Selkirk has my camera.    :knothead:   I went looking for it just so I don't kick myself for not trying but... you saw the snow drifts.) Still, the images I'm left with are truly priceless. One of them is of tireless Sonny singing his excited song through snowdrifts on our last push on Sunday. "Just watch, he's on a bunny." said Curt. I wasn't so sure. Still Curt, Jim (Stoneknife) and I were waiting with nocked arrows. The bunny popped up, out of the deep snow, more than a foot into the air, doing the best professional dolphin impersonation I can ever hope to see. Seeing us all armed and fierce he decided to turn around run straight into the dog. The quick colission left Sonny just as bewildered as we were. Now that's wat I call surprise tactics. As he well deserves it, that bunny lived to tell this story from a quite different perspective.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1291 on: February 19, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »
Joe and i made it back home Monday around noon. I want to thank Shawn and the whole gang for making us feel welcome Shawn you are awesome you and your right hand man Curt had it all organized very well. Thanks to everyone for there kind words about Joe, he is an awesome kid, he works just as hard in school and in everything else as he did on the hunt. What a great event raising that money for kids that need it most is a great thing and I'm glad that you all let me take part in it. I met some great folks on this adventure and had more laughs than one guy should be allowed. Joe and i had such a great time, on the way home Joe said i cant wait till next year. Well I'll tell you what i can't wait till next year either, i haven't had this much fun hunting in more years than i can remember. I even  shot a bunny to boot you cant beat that. Thank again Shawn, i learned more about rabbit hunting in two days than i have in 30 years.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1292 on: February 19, 2007, 03:20:00 PM »
Shawn again a great event. What can I say that hasn't been said. 16 bunnies WOW. I am sore and tired, but cleansed of the winter blues now, this get togeather is a awesome.

Bryan

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1293 on: February 19, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
Man, the stories, I don't know where to start.....each year it seems that we have to have a dryfired bow, yup, you all know who I'm talking about......so this year, (sorry Terry), there is Terry,(Indianabowman), trying to shoot the steel again, only thing is he doesn't want to use his good arrows, soooo, he tries to shoot the steel plate shot not once, but twice with an arrow with a broken nock that, you guessed it, had been broken when he had already shot that arrow and missed at the steel plate.  Thank you very much, two semi dryfires.....by the way, it was great to meet and talk with you Terry, along with your sons Jeff and Tyler.  They are two good young men.

Then there's Larry, last push of the first day, I bust out of some briars into an opening and Larry says, "Can we get out of here Dave?"  I said sure, make your way over to me and we can get out right up here.....only thing is there's this wall of briars between he and I.  I hear some muttering, I see him toss his bow over the briars into the snow, and then, I kid you not, Larry does a front somersault flip over and through the briars, landing head first in the snow.  This picture does not do justice to how snowcovered he was, I hope Curt's came out better.....

There's more coming as I think of it.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1294 on: February 19, 2007, 03:30:00 PM »
Here's a couple pics, Shawn trying to beat the steel and the wood rabbit firing squad.  

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1295 on: February 19, 2007, 03:57:00 PM »
What a great weekend !! A huge Thank-you to Shawn and his family for all of the hard work.

Another Thank-you to all who donated items and bought raffle tickets. The money for St Jude's is awesome !

It was great to see some new young blood in the ranks this year. To hunt in the conditions we did and not complain tells me that our future is in good hands.

Ok one thing that sticks out on the last push Sunday afternoon the snow was so deep that Stoneknifes son was having a real hard go of it. I heard Pete tell little Joe grab my arm and hold on. Pete dragged him through the deep stuff ! Little Joe was hanging on to Pete with one arm and clenching his new bow in the other  as he slid on his back ! I couldn't see it but I can picture a smile on his face.

Welcome aboard Ishi and Bowspirit .

Fran, I brought the Full Draw magazines and cd's for NYB. I left them hoping to fall into future members hands.( hint )

Jeremy another BIG Thank-you for the knife. I'm happy to say I got it blooded at the hunt.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1296 on: February 19, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Shawn another Great time had by all. Nice to see  the younger folk out there so they can pass it on. Thanks to everyone who had anything to do with getting this done. Keep those pix coming...

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1297 on: February 19, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Linc having a laugh....I haven't forgot ya buddy...

about the shallowest snow we waded thru....

Up till now we hadn't hardly seen a rabbit,but that all changed on the next two pushes.First rabbit was a victim of "kingstaken"'s friend Harry,who came to be known as "the compound guy",he came to have fun with his buddy,and proved that he's a very good shot with a recurve as well.He took the first bunny of the hunt,and "bjk" took the next one...."bjk" and "the compound guy"

Gathered up to take pix and then off again....

wounded warrior...(huntrdfk)typical of what we look like after a good push.David is one tough dude!.......

"larry" after his famous flip....the pix don't do  justice to how he looked when he walked up to me  with David behind him laughing.....

Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1298 on: February 19, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1299 on: February 19, 2007, 05:30:00 PM »
Awesome!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©