INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87796 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1300 on: February 19, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
So Far, So Good...And we are only halfway through the first day!!!... :jumper: ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1301 on: February 19, 2007, 05:53:00 PM »
Curt I'm laughing again about Larry's flip, I almost had him go back and do it again so I could film him......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1302 on: February 19, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
I feel good about the future of our sport, what do you think?  

Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline Keith Deters

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1303 on: February 19, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »
Young Joe knows his stuff when it comes to rabbit anatomy too.  

He and I were on watch just in an inside corner off of a windblown field.  After about 10 minutes, I heard him say "I think I got him".  A few seconds later, "Oh,  I missed, I shot right under him.  I almost hit his femoral artery".  I asked where he went because I never saw the rabbit.  He said, "in this brush pile" as he started to go in the slash to jump the pile.

I stopped him and told him to get ready to shoot, I'll jump the pile.  I jumped the pile but that rabbit held tight until his dad Jim came over and kicked the rabbit out.

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1304 on: February 19, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
Not only did my buddy "The Compound Guy" Harry Lang get the first Bunny he also got the 4th bunny. Two bunnies for the Compound Guy. He's glad I broke his chops to pull his recurve that's been hung on the wall only for lQQks the last 7 years or so as he only shoots a compound.

Harry's First Bunny:  - While in the beginning of the hunt Harry and I believe Jamie had taken shot at a bunny who had then ran over to me. I was there with another guy who after I had shot screamed to me "you got it!!!,,you got it!!!!"  Well the rabbit stopped and appeared stunned I think maybe my fletching might have whipped him and then run back along the edge of the hedgerow to where Harry was and Harry took another shot and gottem.  I yelled out "THE COMPOUND GUY GOTTEM,,,THE COMPOUND GUY GOTTEM!!!?  Someone from afar heard me say a comppound and yelled back  "WHO'S SHOOTING A COMPOUND, I THOUGHT THEY WEREN'T ALLOWED HERE,, HEY WHO'S SHOOTING A COMPOUND???".  Well we busted out laughing so hard I started to cry..

For Harry's second bunny   - We shall never forget his infamous words after taking a shot and missing, yelling out to me it's coming my way only to hear that "It went into a hole between us". Harry runs thru the snow to the hole and sees it's eyes lQQking out at him,,and Harry yells to me and all:

"IT'S IN A HOLE CAN I SHOOT IT!!!"

TWENTY FIVE VOICES ALL YELLED OUT AT ONCE....
SHOOT THE !@$#%$ BUNNY,,THERE'S NO RULES!!!! ,SHOOT THE #@!##$ BUNNY!!!!!!!!

It was one of those infamous statements I had mentioned earlier were said and one of the funniest things all day.
Now I don't know if this will force him to sell any of his many compound bows, but he will never doubt the abilities of Traditional Hunting nor his own abilities to hunt with it.

I just want to Thank you to  everyone who attended this event and made a memory I will cherish , to Larry43 of Long Island who mentioned this website to me a couple of months ago and whose beautiful arrows I had won at the raffle...

Speaking of the raffle anyone who was not there at the raffle missed the PINK thing with Joe Skipp..FUNNY, FUNNY, FUNNY!!!!!!

Hey Joe did M's Skipp where the Custom Made Bar and Panties????
SHOW US THE PICTURES!!!!!!!

Mikey,  Are ya gonne PimP pinstripe ya pickup truck and put in those shocks that makes it jump up and down to go with ya Pink Fuzzy hat????
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1305 on: February 19, 2007, 06:40:00 PM »
That picture of David reminded me to let the new guys know they got off the hook easy. We never went to the the dreaded briers because of the deep snow.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1306 on: February 19, 2007, 06:46:00 PM »
Oh ya Hope and Faith have another story to tell .........
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1307 on: February 19, 2007, 06:51:00 PM »
I liked it Keith when Joe told us he was aiming for the femoral artery, won't be long before he's coming out of these hunts with a rabbit or two.......everyone remember what we said about Ru after last years hunt?  Now look at him, a year later and he is already what we said he would be, a good, solid efficient hunter......the young guys will be leading the way before long.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1308 on: February 19, 2007, 06:53:00 PM »
If you ask me they should have been leading THIS weekend!!!! OHHHH... My legs STILL hurt. LOL
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1309 on: February 19, 2007, 06:54:00 PM »
How about poor Curt, the guy busted his butt finally puts an arrow through a bunny length wise no less. You would think that it would have dropped in it's tracks but no way, he tracked the thing for over 100 yards. I watched him dig and claw into some nasty stuff to make the retrieve but to no avail the bunny eluded him. He made every effort humanly possible i give him credit for that.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1310 on: February 19, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
Hey Jim! What Joe does in his own home with the sexy pink underware, is for him to say!...The way I look at it, "Team Skipper-Pretty In Pink" is now a part of history...So don't make fun of my fuzzy pink hat!!! That's like having sport with George Washingtons' wooden teeth...On Presidents Day!...What A Heel You Turned Out To Be!...  ;)  ...

Ask Harry if we can melt his compounds down to make trade points?...Had alot of laughs with you guys!...Keep in touch bud!...  :thumbsup:  ...

... mike ...

PS...Any pictures of the second day?...Or that Fuzzy Pink Hat I wore all day Sunday in honor of Joe?...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Deadsmple

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1311 on: February 19, 2007, 07:18:00 PM »
$2,000+ That's great! Shawn once again it seems you have done a great job. God Bless you and all that participated. Hopefully some day I'll be able to come up and join in the fun .
All praise is the Lords

"to get to heaven, turn right and stay straight"

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1312 on: February 19, 2007, 07:23:00 PM »
Curt you sly devil.When did you take that pic?

Fran and Mo, You are more than welcome.Yuz iz good people.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1313 on: February 19, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
David K., I'm glad to have taken one for the team and dry fired my bow a couple of times to keep the tradition going. My dad has said I'm so cheap I squeak when I walk. I just hate to waste a good arrow. Kind of tells you a bit about the faith I have in my shooting as well. The nock was only broken on one side. I even listened to you and tried shooting the arrow again by flipping it over. Never held the moniker of "smart" for too long! My son Jeff loves the green Adirondack coat he won! It's my size and I would wrestle him for it except the darn skinny kid is strong as an ox. He also went to sectionals in wrestling. The only time Shawn got a little tired was right before the last push when he was breaking trail through a deep patch of snow. He stepped aside and the young legs of Jeff took over. I don't think he was even breathing hard. I'm sorry about bragging a bit on the two boys, but I was as proud as a peacock of them. They are both "A" students, good athletes, and just good kids. I wish I could take credit, but I married up! Spending time with kids is about the best thing I can think of to do, so I have to say thank you to everyone for giving me a great opportunity to spend time with them doing something I love with a bunch of guys I was proud to be around.  Thanks again everyone!

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1314 on: February 19, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »
All I have to say is Tom(swampbuck) needs to work on his hand writing....LOL

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1315 on: February 19, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Great hunt, great pics, great generosity, great thread......all, once again.  Thanks for taking the time to share it all with us.  Stellar job Shawn.

I'll move this one to the 'Memorable Hunts' archive soon.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1316 on: February 19, 2007, 08:10:00 PM »
This will be long...so bear with me....
I want to THANK everyone who made those Pink arrows...you know my colors...Excellent work,they will be on display in my shop along with the Pink T shirt and Pink Hat. Curts arrow will rest between the rack of the whitetail he mounted for me back in '86. Later this week I'll post pics...

Shawn...to you and your family, a heart felt thank you for all the hard work and dedication it takes to run this event. Your the rock that keeps everything running smooth. Thanks....

My wife, well she doesn't fit in those sexy pink undies....(you didn't hear that from me) Lord knows I tried like hell...but...She laughed so hard when she seen them...She almost had another Friggin Heart Attack! My daughter took the pink scarf....

NOW..The Good Stuff....
1. Did you notice that 2 yrs in a row, Ol Dave, the "Columbo" of New Hamspshire drew Chuck Nelsons "The Dancing Snow Queen" name for the Moose hunt?  Now, Sunday morning we caught them hugging by Dave's truck...Dave patting Woodchucker on the back...Chuck patting Dave "South of the border"!! Nuff said here...

2. Tom (Swampbuck)...great arrow Tom, thanks....but it flies like crap! Now...after a brutal drive, we were standing in a 4ft snow drift watching Tom gently tending to Sonny's "Gonads". I think Tom should make an instructional video of this and send it to all our wives...I definately would buy it, it would bring a big ....   :goldtooth:   to my face.

3. Everyone wore Blaze Orange...except Curt..You know that somewhere down here in Marlboro there's a State worker looking for his Chartruese Jacket today!

4. Fran...didn't forget you...At the motel I offered him the sexy pink undies to bring back to MO...He blushed and kept eating the dry sausage and cheese...you blew it Pal...I know Mo was anxiously waiting....

5. Who the devil is LANCE LEONARD??? For 2 days no one sees this guy and Shawn keeps drawing his name out for some great items!! G Fred would say..HHHMMMMM....

6. On a bet...Mikey C wears that hot pink hat to breakfast at the diner...3 old ladies with canes remark how wonderful he looks...The one 70 yr old sez she just loves short guys...and remarked "Once you go small, you never go tall".
Of course she was only 4"11...2" taller than Mikey!

7. The we heard about the 22 yd shot on a rabbit. The arrow cleared a 3" opening etc...Funny how Rhu repeated the story WORD FOR WORD..just like the shooter did. Then later..we catch Rhu walking around with a $10 bill....OK...

8. FINALLY...Every year I'm bringing back those Sexy Pink Undies to be raffled off to some lucky guy. They have to keep them for the year and return them the following year. Also, all those arrows for Team Skipper...will never be shot, they are for Display only..Great job fellas...wouldn't have it any other way...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1317 on: February 19, 2007, 08:29:00 PM »
Joe,    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1318 on: February 19, 2007, 08:33:00 PM »
Joe, you're too much, dude!!  :biglaugh:
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1319 on: February 19, 2007, 08:39:00 PM »
We need more Pictures!
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©