INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87774 times)

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1320 on: February 19, 2007, 08:46:00 PM »
I agree with Brent. Bring on the pics!  :bigsmyl:  

You know, I learned alot from this hunt, but the one thing that really sticks: Ya' got to know when to stop shooting that steel. An arrow may hit it once and survive, but it's just living on borrowed time.
Course, that solid fiberglass took it pretty well. Gonna have to fletch up a dozen for the next bunny hunt...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1321 on: February 19, 2007, 08:48:00 PM »
Is That All Joe?... :biglaugh: ...I still can't figure out where my wifes high school uniform is...Did you take it for bjk's rubber doll?...

... mike ...  :rolleyes:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1322 on: February 19, 2007, 08:49:00 PM »
Its like it gets funnier with every post...it is nice to put faces to names now. So when is the next get toegther anyway? I dont know if I can wait a year...
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1323 on: February 19, 2007, 09:01:00 PM »
There's the lucky guy. It was great meeting you Jamie, and I'm glad you got that custom bow. You deserved it, man...  :thumbsup:
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1324 on: February 19, 2007, 09:08:00 PM »
Terry, do not move it too soon, I know alot of people following this. Speaking of Terry, ya got to say he has a hand in this whole thing, for without him and some others we would not have this wonderful place to post all this BS!!! Thankyou!! Someone call Curt and wake him up and tell him to start posting pics. I want to see my ugly mug with a bunny and Sonny!!! I would also like to Thank Swampbuck, this man moves some bunnies and I got to witness his kill this year first hand!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1325 on: February 19, 2007, 09:19:00 PM »
Shawn,

I had an excellent time! All you guys made me feel at home my first time out. I swear next Time Ill shoot an arrow at something besides a stuffed ziggy. The range was a blast and crunching brush piles and steppin on bunnies was a trip. Wish I hadnt got stuck in that hole on the last drive!

Pete Smith
Great weekend!!
You get what you get.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1326 on: February 19, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Pete great to have ya there, you are gonna become one of my best pushers. The pushers get a lot of shots after a while. It was a blast and the more I think about it, one of the best hunts I have ever been on!!  OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1327 on: February 19, 2007, 10:19:00 PM »
Has anyone mentioned anything about the Squirrel????  :campfire:  

If I wasn't standing right there I would not have believed my eyes...LMAO
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1328 on: February 19, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
That was not pretty, my trajectory was off, I miss Steve(Sleepy hollow) by a whole 6"s, so no harm no fowl!! He had a blast anyway!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1329 on: February 19, 2007, 10:30:00 PM »
Yeah Joe, I've been wonderin' about that Lance Leonard thing myself . . .He won some real nice stuff! Funny thing is, every time Shawn took a belt from that soda can he had stashed behind the couch & pulled the name, Lance won & his  grin got bigger & bigger!!!   :bigsmyl:   LMAO!

Sure wish we could've stayed 'till Sunday.

Larry
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1330 on: February 19, 2007, 10:40:00 PM »
Larry, that swig kept me going!! Next year ya have to stay all weekend. You can always take a break and have one of the girls give ya  aride down to where we are starting to bleed again!(LOL!!) You my friend are what we all aspire to be, a true gentleman of the sport. I hope I mellow out in a few years, just not yet. I still have to keep pushing to get this thing done!! I have strated already, Rivers Edge Recurves is willing to donate a bow to next years raflle!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1331 on: February 19, 2007, 10:54:00 PM »
Larry and David.....

I missed getting a pic of Harry's second bunny...

Selfbow builder supreme'o Keith Deters with what I believe is the first bunny taken at a JLMBH hunt with a selfbow......after the third shot he was convinced it was already dead cause it hadn't moved,but the fourth shot proved he was very much alive...well till Keith put the fourth one thru him!!

Then when we were all done we got word someone else had killed a bunny and out comes (BIG) Greg with a bunny skewered on an arrow...one happy boy!!

Grand total for the first day ....5 bunny's....the fun was just beginning....a great dinner,a special tribute to Joe Skipp,and the raffle for St. Judes......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1332 on: February 19, 2007, 11:01:00 PM »
All that happened on the drive with Larry's flip....I heard Keith's third shot from 80 yards away as it centered the hollow tree his rabbit was in.  The sound of a metal blunt hitting a tree in cold weather travels a loooonngg way.  Then, like Curt said, here comes Greg, who almost didn't make the hunt, coming around the corner with his rabbit skewered from back to front.  
What a hunt for the first day, in the conditions we had.......little did we know what was to follow.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1333 on: February 19, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
Here's a little teaser about Joe Skipp's small tribute......

And thanks to all that helped with this, Brian, Chuck, Ed, Mark, Mike C, Mike R, Scott, Curt and Tom.  (If I missed anyone I apologize in advance)

We will tell the story soon....

:cool:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Frank AK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1334 on: February 19, 2007, 11:33:00 PM »
Great pictures guys keep em coming!!

Hey indianabowman what weight class does your kid wrestle? I just won state here in Alaska at 130!

Wow that 16 bunnies sure is sweet! I will be checking this thread when I get back afterschool tomarow. I love these bunny hunt threads.
130lb Alaska State and Regional Wrestling Champion.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1335 on: February 20, 2007, 06:35:00 AM »
OOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1336 on: February 20, 2007, 06:51:00 AM »
Frank, he's 140 class! I have him by almost 100#s but he is all I can handle! Bends in ways I haven't seen since I was six. Kid doesn't feel pain!

Keith, congrats on the selfbow bunny. I was just down the hill standing on the treetop the bunny came from and just about fell off it listening to the scenario unfold! The sounds were hilarious - whap, ..whap, ..whap, .... thump!

Shawn, the squirrel shot was fantastic! Heck, I bet you only missed him by 30 ft! Scared him so bad he almost ran across folks feet getting into the hole at the base of the tree!  I still remember it plainly "I've got a shot from here"! : )

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1337 on: February 20, 2007, 07:05:00 AM »
Shawn, I would like to thank you AGAIN My Friend!!!!!

A few months back I started a post called "What do you do when you loose them" About Kevin,and how he seemed to have lost intrest in bowhunting,and how bummed out I was about it.

Well.....Words cannot explain what a GREAT TIME Kevin and I had together Sunday!!!!! I had asked him if he planned on coming to the Bunny Hunt and he said YEAH!!!!! so at first I kinda was wondering you know,then as it got closer,he actualy seemed to get MORE excited.....I was still kinda leary.....I wasn't quite sure if he was just pumping sunshine up my.....Well,last week I gave him money to go get his hunting license and I asked him....."Are you still going to the Bunny Hunt?????" He looked at me with a BIG smile and said "Dad, I wouldn't miss the Bunny Hunt for ANYTHING!!!!!" (man,I love that kid!!!!!)

Thanks Again Brother!!!!!   :bigsmyl:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline LAR43

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1338 on: February 20, 2007, 08:53:00 AM »
Chuck, ya never really lose them. . . . Once in a while ya gotta let 'em go to find their own way, but they come back sooner or later. Just make sure they know you're there when they really need you.

I can attest to that first hand!  Sorry we missed you guys this year. Next year it's gonna be the full weekend!!!

And you're right, a really huge thanks again Shawn & everyone!

The JLMBH has become the very best weekend of the year!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Greg & Larry

:thumbsup:          :thumbsup:          :thumbsup:          :thumbsup:          :thumbsup:          :thumbsup:          :thumbsup:
Age brings us the priceless gift of experience and knowledge. . . Priceless, but not free.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1339 on: February 20, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Thanks Larry!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©