INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87560 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1400 on: February 20, 2007, 09:34:00 PM »
4 shots......I hit,  20" of arrow thru with a 610gr. arrow with a 250 gr. hex blunt,75yd bloodtrail to a hole under a stump...no bunny!!    :(    :banghead:    

Dinner....

St. Judes raffle table......

Keith wearing the beautiful knife Jeremy made for him.......

hang on......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1401 on: February 20, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
Stone, it was not you I was responding too! I am just a little tired!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1402 on: February 20, 2007, 09:37:00 PM »
Curt, glad to see ya back on. I needed them pics. I was looking for a fix!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1403 on: February 20, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Knives made by young Ru....that kid has talent.....

Quite possibly the coolest little knife I've ever seen....

I'll have more pix soon.......
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1404 on: February 20, 2007, 09:41:00 PM »
There was 5 bows besides the Brand new one donated by Chad Weaver(LBR) and Chek-Mate bows, and tons of beautiful arrows. Larry,Tippit,RU and Jeremy all donated incredible knives as well! There was thousands of dolllars of stuff donated and I will Thank everyone in my final Thankyou!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1405 on: February 20, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
0 shots Saturday
10 shots Sunday including 4 at that final rabbit in the gully (frickin' rabbit must have had a lucky human foot, LOL)Didn't kill one out right, but Mark and I somehow combined on one with Faith and Hope behind the greenhouse. As the story goes Mark and I were next to each other as standers when that bunny came through. We both released an arrow at nearly the same time but I never aw my arrow. After the shot the bunny went 3 feet and dove into the snow. I yelled to mark to go see where he went while I kept the spot marked. Mark found the bunny trying to dig in without the use of his back legs so he dispatched it with another arrow. I guess we'll never know for sure who hit it first (especially since neither arrow will be found till spring), but it makes a great story for the sister bows.

That's one of 3 good stories I've got form the hunt. I'll save the other 2 for later.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1406 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:00 PM »
That is 82+14 for 96, no we are talking!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1407 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
David's presentation to Joe......Video quality isn't good,but worth listening to to......

Curt } >>--->   

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1408 on: February 20, 2007, 10:21:00 PM »
Brent---I hung your lamp up in front of my desk--the room looks neat with just that lamp on--casts a small shadow of the deer antler---
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1409 on: February 20, 2007, 10:32:00 PM »
God bless ya' for that video, Curt. Wasn't sure if anyone was recording it--really glad a moment like that wasn't lost to time...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1410 on: February 20, 2007, 10:38:00 PM »
Shawn, was only on the greenhouse hunt took 4 shots in about ten minutes but no bunnies.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1411 on: February 20, 2007, 11:24:00 PM »
I'll have to watch/listen to the video in the morning, don't want to wake the family up.

Shawn...2 shots, 2 hits, total distance of the
        2 shots was four feet!

I'm busting brush in the island of trees, I have the outside edge near the field, just plain nasty.  Bust one bunny out early, he goes behind us.  As I near then end of the push Jamie, who is a stander says, "Hey Dave, there's a bunny in that pile in front of you, I've missed him twice already."  I say ok and approach the pile.  I put my bow down and start on the pile, sure enough out comes a bunny running away from me to my right past Jamie.  Jamie shoot two more times at the slow moving bunny, which goes to another pile and disappears. (We would later find hair on one of Jamie's arrows).  I tell Jamie to stay at one end of the pile, and I work around to the right and to the rear of the pile.  Hmmmm, no fresh tracks coming out.....I look closer and see where they just seem to stop.  Now I get into the pile, I see a small hole in the snow where the tracks end, and when I look in I can just see a bit of fur from the rabbits tail. Here's where it gets interesting....I back off and put my bow down, now Jamie is saying what are you doing....I tell him I see the rabbit in the hole and I'm going to kill him, he says how, with a knife?  I say nope.  You see, it's so thick there that I can't draw a bow, so I dig into my fanny pack for my pruners, and I proceed to cut enough brush out of the way so that I can shoot.  Mind you now, this entire time I am standing two feet from this rabbit in the hole.  So I finish my pruning, then I reach into my pocket for my camera, now Jamie is beside himself.  Now what are you doing he says.  I tell him I'm going to take a picture of the rabbit before I shoot him.  This is what I see from where I am standing.....

Now the rabbit is in that hole in the high center of the pic, with his nose to the left and his rear to the right.....now I brush a little snow away to give me an aiming point.  I pick up my bow, draw, aim and shoot from two feet away through the snow, no movement whatsoever, so to be safe I shoot a second arrow just left of the first.  I then reach down, pick up my arrows and there is a bunny neatly skewered by two arrows! If you look close in the picture you can see where I cut the brush out of the way, pruners are a good thing. It is by far the closest kill I've ever made.....I'd like to say it was because of my superior stalking skills!!!!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1412 on: February 21, 2007, 06:00:00 AM »
That is so cool, I actually see th erabbit perfect. Jamie told me that strory and I was rolling. We did good, now Curt has to post some pics. of the second day when thing got good!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1413 on: February 21, 2007, 06:02:00 AM »
96+6=102 shots, we are one shy of last years total, but doing much better on our killing percentage!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1414 on: February 21, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »
Crazy Mike doing his presentation to Joe....

I'll get more pix up today after work.....

It's awesome reading and re-living all this stuff!!
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1415 on: February 21, 2007, 06:54:00 AM »
That was great Curt, glad you were able to put some of it up, can't wait for more.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1416 on: February 21, 2007, 07:52:00 AM »
6 shots at 3 bunnies.
The first two shots were at the rabbit "compound guy" got (his first one).  One shot clipped him as he was running by, the other went slightly over his back.
The next two were with "Hope"  I missed a chip shot, literally shooting right through his ears and then chased after him until I could get a second shot as he was running through a field.  That's where I stopped, but Ru kept running after him!!  He was eventually able to get a shot off at a very tired bunny... perfect head shot!!  10 minutes later I watched Ru skewer his second rabbit!
As I was getting set up a saw a bunny pop it's head out of a hole so I went to investigate... couldn't see him in the hole, but I kicked and jump on what I could see of the log and he took off from the other side.  The critter then double back around, coming right back toward his hole (and me).  When he got through the brush and saw I was still there he turned to run and my first arrow was buried up to the fletching.  The second shot got him in the eye.

I do have to say "I'm Sorry" to Kevin Nelson.  You see, we swapped bows so he could hunt with "Hope" and I ended up getting first blood all over his nice bow!  :)
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1417 on: February 21, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
That's OK Jeremy,Trust Me.....He doesn't mind!!!!!   :bigsmyl:

As far as Kevin is concerned,The reason "YOU" got him is because you were using "HIS" bow    :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1418 on: February 21, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
"53+16 is 69, which is my favorite number!!"

LOL Shawn it's mine too however 77 is better because ya get 8 more LOL

I got 3 shots on Sat all with a blunt tippid carbon hitting 1 bunny that didn,t slow down much at all.

Got 4 more shots on Sun looseing that carbon and 2 flu flus besides breakin a flu flu in the brush

7 shots 3 lost 1 broken

Busted the ballon at the steel target botht imes I shot at it but the 2nd time the edge of the hole took the life of my arrow

Well Shawn looks like I was wrong about the number of shots we'd get LOL I,d have never guess'd that after the first push,I still can,t believe it...

16 bunnies WOW!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1419 on: February 21, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
Dave, you forgot to say I was doubled over laughing the whole time....lmao.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©