INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87411 times)

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1460 on: February 22, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
Last time I listen to me elders...Mikey  :knothead:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1461 on: February 22, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Both days were great but Sunday was the day of the bunny. Lots of action and even more fun, even at the bitter end Shawn stomped out one more brush pile and sent a bunny running for a guy's garage for sanctuary. Curt keep the pics coming the one you took of Joe and I is fantastic, I'm going to have it blown up and framed that is a moment in time i never will forget. Thank you Curt for taking the time to document this event in the form of photos i know as the years go buy they will mean even more to all.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1462 on: February 22, 2007, 04:14:00 PM »
Dat's Right! This is a once a year event! Next time I'm gonna stay till the last minute of daylight on Sunday! See, Shawn had it figured for the three day weekend anyway. Don't know why I left mid-day Sunday... :banghead: ...

Maybe it had something to do with what my wife said just before I left..."Be Home For Dinner Sunday Or I'll Have The Locks Changed!"... :o ...

... mike ... :rolleyes:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1463 on: February 22, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
LOL Mike thats funny I'd have told her thats okay I gotta big hammer.Not a big fan of locks anyway they only keep honest people honest,besides I gotta feelin ya was just kiddin anyhow LOL

Must be Curt's still workin ofcourse I think thats what Im doin too LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1464 on: February 22, 2007, 04:36:00 PM »
Thanks Guys,I love to take pix to document my hunts and anyone involved.It's a bit of work getting them up here,but the results are worth every minute!!

Jim, I have an even better pic of you and your boy....WITH BUNNY!!!!  I have a lot more great pix coming......let me get some downloaded......
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1465 on: February 22, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »
You Are Doing A Great Job Guru!...Thank You!

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1466 on: February 22, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
Sonny just never gave up lQQking in every nook and pipe for da bunnies...

"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1467 on: February 22, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
Thanks Curt I know it takes some time to do the pics and you got some great shots.I wish I had taken some more.  :thumbsup:  Get that bowfishing rig ready.....ED
Put some air under it.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1468 on: February 22, 2007, 05:16:00 PM »
Yes, Curt, I really appreciate it man. The pics. are fantastic!! I think with you doing this it will live forever somewhere. Cindy said to me what happens when it all ends, I said it will never end as it will live on in peoples memories forever. I am not real religious and I appreciate everyone saying Mom is looking down on us smiling. It may be rotten but I figure ya go in the ground and rot, but I believe as the Indians do, that thru others ones spirit lives on ,and thru all these great pics. and memories my Moms spirit will never die!! Thanks each and everyone of you from the bottom of my heart!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1469 on: February 22, 2007, 05:24:00 PM »
We took a break and then hit the "island of trees".....that's when it got crazy!!!

I set the standers and took a spot for myself between Jamie and Keith...we hears the drivers start and I soon had a bunny hopping toward me thru the brush.I got ready and he stopped at about 12yds..I drew released and thumped him with a 600gr hex blunt tipped arrow.I thought was a real good shot.He rolled over and started kicking,I yelled to Keith that I'd gotten one and nocked another arrow.But then I saw it get to it's feet and was taking off with my arrow.It took me while to cross the ditch in front of me.I started on the blood trail and figured it was going to be short,and I'd find him dead just up ahead. After 20yds I found my arrow where it had fallen out.I eventually trailed him at least 75yds to where he'd gone under a stump into a hole.With the help of Bob (wapitichaser) we did our best to find him and get him out....Then we hear Brent yell that he had two bunny's down in a well,one dead and one swimming.....we walked over to him to check out the situation.....

Brent ended up fishing not 2,but 3 bunny's out of the well. I went back to try again to find my bunny,but it just wasn't meant to be I guess.This is what I was left with.....

During all this we could hear other guys shooting all around,Then we heard that Ru had killed a bunny!!!  But he wasn't done yet!!!!

More later...union meeting tonight....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1470 on: February 22, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
Hard to believe that rabbit got away after being hit like that, leaving a blood trail for 75 yards.

A lot of us heard Brent yelling that there were rabbits in a well, I never pictured him on his stomach trying to fish them out! Amazing......

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1471 on: February 22, 2007, 05:35:00 PM »
By the way if little Joe looks concerned,it's because he was!!  Brent was using his brand new bow to fish out the bunny's,Joe almost didn't give him his bow!! He thought for sure Brent would drop it and he'd never see it again.But we eventually convinced him that he wouldn't drop it and he ahnded it over very leary......
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1472 on: February 22, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Them bunnies are tough the one i got tues i hit through the thigh and both hind legs and he still went well over 200 yards.
Im sorry to hear he got away on you curt u deserved him

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1473 on: February 22, 2007, 06:21:00 PM »
Great pics Curt...Jim. You guys are great at capturing the spirit of the hunt and hunters.

I got my first trad kill today!...bunny at about six yards....under a huge rose bush. I posted a pic under my "new bows" thread. It was such a feeling of accomplishment threading that arrow through that bush to connect. That Chekmate just puts arrows where ya want em Im telling ya.
Again...to everyone who helped me get into this awesome sport, Thank you. Cant wait to hunt with you all again.  :thumbsup:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1474 on: February 22, 2007, 06:38:00 PM »
WAY TO GO JAMIE!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!   :archer:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1475 on: February 22, 2007, 06:47:00 PM »
Jamie, post one here as well, just make sure ya say it was killed today with the raffle bow!! That is sweet man, glad we got ya hooked!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1476 on: February 22, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Hey Shawn...I keep getting "flashbacks" of the monster rabbit I didn't shoot... :eek: ...Are you gonna go back at get him before the season closes?...If you do, better use a broadhead arrow... :rolleyes: ...

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1477 on: February 22, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

There ya go...first ever trad kill today using the Chekmate recurve I won at JLMBH 07. I missed three more shots at different rabbits today, two of which deflected. This one felt perfect from the release...just kept thinking...I can beat the steel...I can kill this bunny. It worked.  :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1478 on: February 22, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1479 on: February 22, 2007, 07:40:00 PM »
Great Pictures Curt...How come we don't have any of that big prize winner "Lance Leonard"????
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©