INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87361 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #1540 on: February 25, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
Nope, I don't mind. I just don't like the vest!!! I really enjoyed the hunt this year more than most. I had more opportunity to shoot in the yard and I got to sit on a few pushes this year which does not happen to often. It is nice that we now have so many guys that know the pieces we are huting and I can send RU, Jeremy,Aram, Bob, Tom, Jamie,as well as the usual guys Curt and David. Rather than having to place guys myself. You all make this thing easy, just ask the bunnies!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1541 on: February 25, 2007, 09:13:00 AM »
Did this Thread set any kind of record for the number of replies it got? Thats some healthy number!
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1542 on: February 25, 2007, 09:17:00 AM »
Happy Sunday Joe!!!... :wavey: ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1543 on: February 25, 2007, 11:30:00 AM »
Hey shawn: Did you hunt at all this weekend? Just wondering how you made out.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1544 on: February 25, 2007, 12:07:00 PM »
As I sit back and read these posts and think about everything that happened on this hunt, I can't help but think that it works the way it does because of the people that go to it.  All of you make this hunt happen, without everyone participating in some way, whether it is in the way of bringing food,  targets, something for the table, taking pictures or just money for tickets.  I can remember Larry getting to Shawn's on Saturday morning with Greg, and being happy that Greg had been able to make it.  Shortly after Larry and I had a conversation about parenting and kids, (whether you know it or not Larry that was an important conversation to me), and I realized that all of us are of the same mold.....look at Terry with his sons Jeff and Tyler, Aram with Ru, and Jim with Joe, Larry with Greg......then there is Shawn with his family.....

None of this is meant to diminish in anyway what Shawn does for this hunt, he and his family open his arms to what at one time were total strangers, I'm not sure that many of us would be able to do what he does to facilitate this hunt.

So, here is my biggest thank you to Shawn and his family, and to each and everyone of you for doing what you do to make this hunt what it is!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:  

THANK YOU ALL,

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1545 on: February 25, 2007, 01:47:00 PM »
Tom (Swampbuck), ya done good! More than that, you did yourself, my dear friend girl - Barb, me, and everyone that was/is touched by what you did, PROUD, very proud. Many folks are and will be touched to varying degrees by it - but I expect none will be Touched any deeper than I. (It's taken me awhile to "adjust my eyeballs" so's I could post my thanks to you, Guru, Shawn, and all those dear friends who have made comments about this part of a great hunt that Barb and I were proud to be "taken along on". I also know, not only because you told me in a message, but because I have come to know your ways in the last four years or so, that you truly hope to carry and hold my arrow for quite some time to come. Bless your heart, Tom.

(Full Draw pic, arrows pic, and comments have been posted on my TBD Pages - Page9, Row Six)
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1546 on: February 25, 2007, 02:10:00 PM »
You Hit The Button David!!!!!   :bigsmyl:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1547 on: February 25, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Great group of people...gald to be a part of it.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1548 on: February 25, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
Shawn
Your avator lQQks great in full size in all the headings for Tradgang.
Great recogition for a deed well done.  :clapper:
Jim
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1549 on: February 25, 2007, 04:02:00 PM »
OH! MY!...If It Grows To the Size Of Denton Hill, Who's Gonna Clean The Head?...  :eek:  ...

... mike ...  ;)  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1550 on: February 25, 2007, 05:31:00 PM »
Dang, I forgot Chuck and Kevin......  :knothead:   You know what I mean Chuck, and you are right in there with all that I mentioned.......

Bernie, I wish you were there, I had seen Tom's arrows earlier in the hunt and knew something was going to happen, I just didn't know what....as you can tell, it was a special and touching moment.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1551 on: February 25, 2007, 06:05:00 PM »
Bernie, I knew Barb thru this site. I came to think of her as a friend. This was a very special way of paying tribute to such a big contributer to this site. I was honored just to be present when Tom launched that arrow. I think I was one of few who he actually let know what he was doing and the moment he chose could not of been better. Ya know Bernie that if ya hustle ya can make it to my Dads house in about 10 hours or so from where ya are, maybe next year you could make the trip, we would love to have ya!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1552 on: February 25, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
Thank you so much, Shawn, for your kind words and offer. Also for what you do in honor of your Mother and for St.judes. I don't travel much anymore, except when someone else is the driver (except around our local area). It makes my wife worry too much. So, I go a lot of places "in spirit only" LOL - but I still enjoy it - and still love to be asked. Thanks again.
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1553 on: February 25, 2007, 09:24:00 PM »
I also have another quick story. I was watching a group of guys walking across a bitter cold field, they were dragging along one fine boy in little Joe,the best, is that all these guys just met the kid and treated him as one of their own, blocking him from the wind and breaking a trail for our future, Joe and the other guys RU, Justin who did not make it this year are it and they will do us proud!! Of that I am sure!!! OOOOOHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1554 on: February 25, 2007, 09:29:00 PM »
They are some rather impressive kids. But then again, they have some rather impressive fathers too. Im kinda impressed by everyone I met there.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1555 on: February 25, 2007, 09:30:00 PM »
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1556 on: February 25, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
I am gonna post a final Thankyou tomorrow and than they can put this in the most memorable hunt section. This has become one of the great get togethers I have evr been associated with, Wow the typing is getting sloppy as I havre a few drinks in me and I am really Hapy right now for the first time in a while. I wll try and remeber evryone when the time comes!! OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1557 on: February 25, 2007, 10:03:00 PM »
Shawn (and everyone else who attented the hunt), that was the best moment of my life, hands down. Thank you Shawn. Thank you all...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1558 on: February 26, 2007, 05:00:00 AM »
This hunt was no doubt one of the best moments of my life, Joe and I will talk about this for many years to come. Thanks to all that was involved , especially Shawn your quite the team leader.
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bamboo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #1559 on: February 26, 2007, 08:42:00 AM »
thanks guys!!
that was a great hunt ,great people!!great time!! and most of all a great cause!!
        thanks again to everyone!!!
Mike

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©