INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87800 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #280 on: January 14, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Shawn,I have a couple of bows for the table.....They are "indestructabows" (i.e. solid fiberglass Ben Pearsons) 1 60"-35# and 1 66"-60#

They're good for beatin'around bows,bow fishing and such.Our buddy David could probly use one being as he likes to "throw his bows out of those thorny thickets" LOL.

I also got a hip quiver,Bowie knife,a bunch of leather gloves,and some other stuff. Being as we're not coming up untill Sunday,I'll box everything up and send it up with Joe Skipp so it will be there for the raffle Saturday night.

I've been Dancin' so much this Old Indian's feet hurt, BUT I'M WORKIN' ON IT LOL. AdkmountainKen sent me a PM that I sent him Freezing Rain   :banghead:  Oh Well,Hopefully I can get it right by Febuary   :pray:  (good thing I started early!!!!!)

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: January 14, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
Jamie, we will hook up real soon. I told Damon maybe tomorrow. We will see how the weather is gonna be. Chuck, yup we got freezing rain right now, but they say some snow is coming., so keep up the good work. Have the old lady rub them feet!(OOOO!!) I am also waiting to hear on a dozen arrows being donated for H+Faith that would be real cool as we did that last year for the LDB. The Hunt Is Coming!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!  Shawn
Shawn

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: January 14, 2007, 04:22:00 PM »
I slept all morning today. Been out salting icy roads.. some nice OT though.This weather looks like it means no practice shooting bunnies for me this weekend. Hopefully this slop will turn into snow and stop before daylight Monday that way we can get out and chase the bunnies around.If not I will save it all for "The Hunt".Cant wait and I cant think of anywhere else on my bow to put this beaver fur.

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: January 14, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Guru, thanks for the info on Skip. Skip please drop me a PM if you can.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: January 14, 2007, 04:54:00 PM »
Beaver Fur, now I am curious. Where did ya put it? Poor bald beaver!!  :bigsmyl:  OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: January 14, 2007, 05:38:00 PM »
Damon, Im not even going to ask....lol. Hope ya made some string silencers for me.  :D  
Is anyone else fixated on this hunt....my wife thinks Im absolutely nuts now...she just shakes her head at me all the time.   :confused:  I told her Im not the only one.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Linc

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: January 14, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
With any kind of luck,I'll be able to attend this year.I know if I make plans to come,then something will happen. I was really looking forward to last years hunt.
Lincoln E. Farr

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: January 14, 2007, 07:01:00 PM »
Hunt?...What hunt are ya talkin' bout?...And your wife thinks you are nuts?...Why would she think that?...Maybe something in the air?...I just don't understand... :p ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<  ... ;) ...

P.S.  AAAAAAaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!...I WANNA GO TO THE BUNNY HUNT NOW!!!... :scared: ..."AAAAAaaaaahhhhh!!!... :mad: ...Oh...Nevermind..."It's pasta time"... :) ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: January 14, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
Beaver Fur, now I am curious. Where did ya put it? Poor bald beaver!!   :bigsmyl:   OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
shawn, did you REAlly say that?

:biglaugh:    :biglaugh:
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: January 14, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »
Yup, but I must clarify that, as Nomad(Damon) backwards)told me tho8ught about putting it on the back of the limbs or something. Nothing wrong with a bald beaver, just cold maybe!! We all are kinda fixated on this hunt. I know I have at least 100 arrows made up for the various that I am bringing and about 2 dozen just to let the arrow munching steel chew up. It has not been mentioned much this year, but it will bust a bunch again this year. I will bring the balloons, we will do some distance shooting again this year. We missed out on aerials and that last year due to the wind. Bring your flu-flus!!! It will be a blast! OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: January 14, 2007, 09:18:00 PM »
Sonny is ready for this hunt. A little warm up today had the rabbits at 5 and the rabbit hunters ( Swampbuck, BBassi and myself ) at 1 .  
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: January 14, 2007, 09:38:00 PM »
Nice Bunny Bob!!!!!!!!!!   :scared:

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: January 14, 2007, 09:45:00 PM »
Arrow munching steel? Should I even ask?   :eek:  
 I looked at some pics from last year that Guru posted(I think). I think everyone had on orange...is there a list of stuff/gear that a first time attendee should bring such as some orange? If anyone has suggestions, Im sure all of us new guys would appreciate it.
 They are saying snow....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: January 14, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
Now we are talking. I wish we could get out. There is 1/2" of ice covering everything and it could get bad. Power outages and all, They sat if it get about 5-8 degrees cooler it will turn to snow. It is gonna be a mess here tomorrow morning!! I want that snow and I will be out trying to kill a couple myself!! This one is for SONNY !! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: January 14, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Jamie, heavy brush pants and a thick sweatshirt, even if it real cold, ya do not want to dress to warm. We walk fast getting to our spots and than we bust brush once there. WE do not go around piles or thick stuff, but thru it. An orange hat or vest is good to wear, just so we keep track of where we are when the shooting starts. No broadhead are allowed as well for safety reasons. That is about it, be sure of your target and let it fly. The steel is, well I do not want to spoil it for ya. Lets just say it can put a hurtin' on a bunch of arrows real quick, unless your aim is true!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: January 14, 2007, 10:17:00 PM »
Chuck, Believe it or not he was running. I shot at one earlier that was sitting and my arrow deflected because the judo caught a twig. This one was running ahead of Sonny and ya can't get em if ya don't shoot at em so I let er rip !!!
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: January 14, 2007, 10:23:00 PM »
Good shooting Bob!  That's what I want to see.....dead rabbits with Sonny in the picture!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: January 14, 2007, 10:24:00 PM »
OK, thats about what I was bringing already. How long have these get-togethers been going on anyway?
Wapiti....hitting a running bunny? Thats awesome. I missed a stand still shot at about 8 yards the last time Nomad and I went.  :banghead:  
I guess I will have to go out and get my first ever trad kill tomorrow....
                         -Jamie

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: January 15, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
Jamie, If you have a heavy Carhartt jacket WEAR IT!!!!! Last year I picked up a camo hooded Carhartt jacket and I was GLAD that I did!!!!! I had on a pair of brush pants and that hooded jacket and on 1 of the pushes I got so tangled up.....MAN,I WAS STUCK!!!!! I couldn't go foward or backward and side to side was out of the question LOL. So.....I tossed my bow to whoever was beside me,Pulled the hood up over my head and down over my face,Put my head down and just BULLDOZED my way out of that thicket!!!!!

Just remember,your gonna get bloody.and your gonna be pickin' thorns out of your hide for a week!!!!! AND.....You'll come back next year for more!!!!!   :archer:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: January 15, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
Jamie, this is the 4th. one I have done. The first year it started out as a one day hunt and than we expanded it to two days. The last two years we have gotten 97 and 103 shots at bunnies. I believe we killed only one in 05' but last year was our best year and we got 4 bunnies. There are some great memories involved in these hunts. One that I really liike is this, we had just finished a push and there was maybe 8-10 guys walking along and waiting for the rest of the group. We had just come thru a hedgerow and Recurver and Curt(Guru) are kinda BS'ing. Talking trash a little about Gurus shooting(This man can flat out shoot). There is a metal feeder(5ga. bucket)hanging in a tree about 65-70 yards away. Recurver says to Curt, if your so good hit that feeder, Curt says whats in it for me. $20 is the response. Curt pulls one back and lets it fly. Thump right dead center. The look on Recurvers face was priceless,I watched as he picked his jaw up off ther ground(LOL!!) Anyone else remember? Or how about RU running after the rabbit with the LDB and letting one fly in mid-stride, he only shot behimd him by 10ft. but what an effort!!(LOL!!) That is what this is all about!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©