INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 87820 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #300 on: January 15, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »
How about when we were walking up along the road and Ru looked into the culvert pipe and saw a bunny hiding in there!!!!!

Ru squated down and launched an arrow up through that culvert pipe.....the arrow came flying out the other end with the bunny right behind it runnin' like his little cotton tail was on fire!!!!!   :scared:  The way that arrow went riccocheting through that culvert pipe I still don't know how it didn't get hit   :confused:

Yup,lots of good memories have been made on these hunts.....but there's more good memories to be made!!!!!   :thumbsup:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: January 15, 2007, 09:37:00 AM »
The mini warm up yesterday at BBassi's was a blast 6 shots in all with Bob connecting on his 3rd try as the bunny ran by.Had several times that the bunnies were getting by without getting a shot off we definately need to do that agian before the main event.

Between Bob's bunny and the ones taken earlier in the day I,m up to 8 for the pot

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW

PS for the guys riding from our side of the state,I figure I can put the car top carrier on the van so that all 3 seats can stay in so room shouldn,t be a problem.

PSS Sonny prefer's the front seat LOL
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: January 15, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
Well Gee Tom, I don't see why Sonny riding in the front seat would be a problem.....EVERYONE knows that the hardest workers ALWAYS ride up front   :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: January 15, 2007, 09:42:00 AM »
Bob: Way to go, nice bunny. You are on fire this year.

Shawn: I knew he was that good but I do love a good wager. And I also knew I was going to lose, that was a pretty easy shot for Curt. Since I watched him earlier breaking balloons at alot farther.

Bryan

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: January 15, 2007, 09:45:00 AM »
Oh Yea, and Curt did the right thing. The money went into the St. Judes Kitty. All for the cause.

Bryan

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: January 15, 2007, 10:47:00 AM »
This sounds better and better. Target practice.....bunny hunting....getting stuck in the thorns. Even if I dont get a shot at a bunny, I wouldn't miss it.
As far as targets....balloons, the steel muncher. Any 3-d's? Would a box or two of clay birds be of any use? I can bring em if ya think we can use em.
I need to make arrows...I was bringing 11....think I may need more. LOL
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: January 15, 2007, 12:08:00 PM »
Jamie,

There will be some 3D targets there, and I'm pretty sure you'll at least have a shot opportunity.........11 arrows huh, hmmmmmm.....  :bigsmyl:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: January 15, 2007, 12:25:00 PM »
Yeah I know...not close to enough....once I fine tune my home-made spine tester and get some feathers and points...Im getting busy. Even if I get no shot at a bunny, it sounds like enough target shooting for me. Between that and the good food and good people...it is a win win situation.
Im trying to talk my wife into coming....she is a great bunny brush buster...she just looks at me, shakes her head.  :confused:
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: January 15, 2007, 01:02:00 PM »
I have broken 11 arrows just shooting in the yard. I would try and bring 2 dozen at least. One nice thing about this hunt is the amount of different bows ya can try. There willl literally over 60-70 different makes and models there, I would say with 45 guys coming there will be over 100 bows easily. WE got nasty ice last night. Jamie, get a hold of Damon and I will get ya some feather, do ya have  a taper tool? I have a pencil sharpener type I can send. I have another good one as well, but I need that one. It coming!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: January 15, 2007, 01:13:00 PM »
"I have broken 11 arrows just shooting in the yard."

LOL thats what ya get for shoot wood arra's hope your savein all your carbons for the steel target    :scared:
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: January 15, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
Shawn, I do not have a taper tool. Damon and I will talk later. Im think he is working...Im planning on bringing two recurves....a 52" Sierra and a 58" Hawk, both at 45 #. I think the string on my Sierra is too big, I need to measure it.
While we are talking arrows....I noticed the jig I got is straight....I know I should be shooting a helical...but will it make that much of a difference?
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: January 15, 2007, 01:23:00 PM »
Not to big a difference just make sure you off set it when ya fletch them up. PM me if ya have more questions. Ya do that by clicking on the envelope with two people standing by it on one of "my" posts! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: January 15, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »
Hey Shawn! Are you gonna cut a hole in the steel target this tear? You know...Behind where you have been sticking the balloons?... :jumper: ...

Last year we lost some arrows shooting at the running wooden rabbits...Need a solid backstop...How about your new truck... :eek: ... Ya can keep the windows open for the poor shots... :D ...

I've got LOTS of GREAT IDEAS... :rolleyes: ...Wanna hear some more?... :p ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: January 15, 2007, 03:28:00 PM »
Shawn, I'll bringing three, maybe four bows with me, 'course one may end up on the table! Distance shooting, is the horse corral gone? I missed that part last year be cool to have it back.

Mike, you and I need to get together more often, we think to much along the same lines....
   :scared:  

David

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: January 15, 2007, 06:24:00 PM »
Nope we can put the horses in and shoot out into the corral. I like the long shots, I dry fire the bow now and than but still like them!!  :knothead:  This is gonna be awesome and there is a hole in the steel plate. I just cannot help you guys cannot hit it. The first ever hunt, I sat down on the hay bales and using a 7 Lakes longbow, sent the first arrow ever fired at the bunny hunjt straight thru the hole. I have only done it 2 more times since. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: January 15, 2007, 06:31:00 PM »
I forgot about that, now I'm laughing again!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: January 15, 2007, 06:37:00 PM »
I'm looking forward to doing some pushing for the guys who haven't got a bunny yet. Last year was a blast...Me and the bunny who tried to hid in the field. Thats why when Shawns Dad tells you to stay here it's a good spot you stay there and you get a bunny..Cause I did...

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: January 15, 2007, 07:00:00 PM »
Yup, Dad knows that property l9ike the back of his hand. I am 42 and have been hunting it since I was old enough to be carried on Dads back. I know it pretty good too. Damon has gotten to know it well also, as he hunts with me quite a bit now. My daughter picked a pretty good one!! I hope we get some snow and a few bunnies as well. That would be icing on the cake!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: January 15, 2007, 07:37:00 PM »
Hey Dave...if you draw and I go, no problem driving Moose for ya. Remember Jeremiah Johnson when the old guy was being chased by a Griz and yelled "here's one for ya to skin"......Same principal only I'd appreciate if you shot the animal instead of laughing or cheering me on.
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: January 15, 2007, 07:50:00 PM »
Joe then it's a case of who the fastest runner is......

You are right Shawn, a few bunnies would be icing on the cake, 'cause you know there's gonna be arrows flyin'.......
OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©