INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88136 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2007, 09:43:00 AM »
WOW!!!...45 GUYS...Think you're gonna need another out house Shawn!!!...   :eek:   ...Unless you outlaw that "gut-grillin' chilli" that is...   :D   ...

Mornin' brothers Mark and Ed...Just picture me typing this STANDING UP!...Yea, can't sit yet...   :(   ...Good thing is it's making my legs stronger...Try to bounce one off me at the bunny hunt!...My legs are SO STRONG now I can outrun any arra you "mary bow" guys can loose at me!!!...Just don't hit me in the butt...That's my weak spot...   :o   ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
I have snow, but man is it windy. White out conditions. Me and my beagle was going out to chase the white bunny, but man the wind is bad. Hopefully tomorrow. Or later this afternoon.

Bryan

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
Definately gonna miss ya Jeff...btw, you can send that knife to my addy...I'll make sure Shawn gets a pic of it  ;)

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Hey Southpaw found a beautiful Wool hunting hat in the woods today while we were hunting deer. I'm not sure if its King of the Mtn or one of those other companies BUT...the hat is brand new and I believe he's donating it to the raffle. I'll confirm that tomorrow.....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
Jeff, You'll certainly be missed!!!  I hope I win that knife though...you're the only JLMBH knife maker I don't have a knife from yet!!  I'm bringing some $$ for a bunch of tickets!!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
The more I read the slower time goes....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2007, 08:20:00 PM »
Brian, did ya get the bow? Ya should of by now. I am gonna buy at least$100 in tickets and alsoi a bunch for the Chek-Mate. This is gonna be good. It is about 10 below wind-chill right now, but we need more snow, keep those fingers crossed. I am working on arrows and I am gonna have a couple 1/2 dozens for the table and 1/2 dozen to go along with the Couch longbow for the table. We only got 3 weeks and I am already itching to kill some bunnies! Ed, save a shirt as we are all gonna sign it and do something good with it!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »
Chuch did ya hear that, Shawn wants more snow!!!! get them dacin boots on!!! i'll be yote hunting tommorow morning with the smokepole but i'll see if i can do the 2 step again for more snow!!!!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2007, 09:27:00 PM »
You Got It Kenny!!!!!

Oh Great Spirit.....Please send more snow.....We can never have....."Too Much" you know.....The temperature's droppin'.....The Bunnies are hoppin'.....Oh Great Spirit.....We need more snow.....To hunt the Bunnies.....Don't you know.....The hunters will come.....From far away.....To hunt the Bunnies.....On these special days.....We donate our prizes.....To place on the table.....And we all hope to win.....Whatever we're able.....We all come together.....Moe,and these Dudes.....To eat a great feast.....And help the kids at St.Judes.....I ask you Great Spirit.....Please send us the snow.....And keep the temperature cold.....So away it don't go.....I ask you Great Spirit.....Please send us the snow.....I will Dance for you Great Spirit.....to ask for the snow.....And I will Dance again for you.....To Thank You For The Snow   :archer:

I'm Dancin'!!!!! I'm Dancin'!!!!! I'm Dancin'!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2007, 10:41:00 PM »
UP fo rthe night owls!! OOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #450 on: January 21, 2007, 03:47:00 AM »
10:41pm=nightowls?????????

Offline Stone Knife

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #451 on: January 21, 2007, 08:36:00 AM »
I have been training hard by hurling myself into rose thickets and running through thorn apple patches, while chasing one of the cats around. Just so I'm prepared for this hunt.   :help:   The wife is really starting to think there is something seriously wrong with me, i told her it was some what natural behavior for a gathering of this magnitude   :campfire:  She's not buying it. >>>----->    :jumper:   I told her that a lot of bunnies will be buying the farm after were done with them. She just laughed at me, i know we will prove her wrong. >>>-   :jumper: ->
Proverbs 12:27
The lazy do not roast any game,
but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.

John 14:6

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #452 on: January 21, 2007, 09:02:00 AM »
Shawn -- was home all afternoon and my mailman didn't friggin knock...left the old pink slip...Monday it is...angry is an understatement.  I did shoot one Skipper had...we'll hafta talk, Bud...I'll drop a note Mon/Tues.

Skipper -- that hat is like the mask from that movie...be careful if you put it on, I am pretty sure it'll be too much for ya...anyone really.   :readit:  

How did you guys end up?  Great day yesterday, Pal...road trip to FL to "talk"???

Offline NOMAD88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #453 on: January 21, 2007, 09:23:00 AM »
Well, it is awful cold and windy this morning. Maybe try taking Elma Fudd my beagle for a walk around noon time to see how she does with the bunnies.After things warm up a bit. Shes still fairly new at it. Kind of a trial run for "The Hunt" maybe.See ya all soon cause it'll be here before ya know it.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #454 on: January 21, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »
Yup, awful cold. I was gonna go with Damon but windy and real cold. I went out and shot some in the yard and I am building arrows and such. I may take a walk out to my brothers in a little while to get out and shoot some. I am gonna take the new Roy Hall, sweet bow, what a great shooter. I sent bjk my Kwyk Styk for a trial run to see what he thinks. He is gonna bring it to the hunt with him!! Like Damon said it will be here soon, by the way today is Damons(NOMAD88) B-Day!! Happy B-Bay!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #455 on: January 21, 2007, 09:51:00 AM »
Happy Birthday Damon!!!!!!!!OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I feel for you Brian, having to wait the weekend, ouch!  :mad:

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #456 on: January 21, 2007, 10:33:00 AM »
Yes I had -4 this morning and windy. Didn't go hunt the white bunny. Maybe later this afternoon.

Happy B-Day Damon.

Bryan

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #457 on: January 21, 2007, 11:34:00 AM »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAMON!!!!!!!!!!   :thumbsup:

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #458 on: January 21, 2007, 12:02:00 PM »
Shawn, I have a feeling that KS won't be coming back to you. Brian shot the heck out of the one I brought. It handled his carbons real well and 2117's and its only 51#. In fact, if it wasn't for Southpaw's alerting me every time Brian snuck the bow in his vehicle, he wouldn't need yours. By the way, that wool hat had a strange odor to it that Southpaw sez he may never get out!!  :scared:    :confused:    :help:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #459 on: January 21, 2007, 12:19:00 PM »
Over the years,I've used alot of things "in a pinch" and left them in the woods.....But NEVER my hat!!!!!   ;)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©