INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88414 times)

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #500 on: January 23, 2007, 07:35:00 AM »
Jim,The ride option is still open even ifya bring your boy.That'd make 6 which will be way differnt than just Bob and I making the drive.Hook road with us one time but the other times were just the 2 of us and Sonny ofcourse LOL.I can put a car top carrier on top for gear and there's 3 seats in the van.We genrally stay for the whole hunt on Sun which puts us home around 10 or 11 depending on the weather just let me know.

Of course spendin 1 on 1 time with your boy is a good thing too either way is fine.Speaking of the boy he's welcome to join ya if ya wanna get together around here before hand.I,m hopeing to get together this weekend for a little bunny bowhuntin since I only hunted in the mornin last weekend and didn,t bring my bow

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAW !!

just for you Shawn.....OOOOOOOOOOH YEEEEEEEEAAAAAA
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2007, 09:07:00 AM »
AAAAAHHHHH NUTS!!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl: )
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #502 on: January 23, 2007, 09:20:00 AM »
Soooo David...how do you like your KS???   :bigsmyl:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #503 on: January 23, 2007, 01:53:00 PM »
Me, Damon, and Ishi (Jamie) are going out in a little bit thanks to last night's snowfall. OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #504 on: January 23, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
Hey Jim! What Do You Mean...BURNED OUT?...We just got started!!!... :D ...Hope you don't run outa gas on your way up to Shawns... :jumper: ...

BTW...Did we meet at the Suffolk Archers Trad Shoot? I'm an easy guy to remember. I'm short and fat and bald and hairy with glasses and can't shoot good. My back quiver holds 36 arrows and I have two noses.....Well?

If ya can't figure it out someone may add to my description before too long... :p ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #505 on: January 23, 2007, 04:12:00 PM »
Whoaa Mikey, ya' sure opened the door with that last comment!!!   :campfire:  

Hold on to your britches babe!!!!!!   :jumper:
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #506 on: January 23, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Mike,
That description resembles about 80% of the guys at Suffolk Archers..
Wait, I would like to retract that statement being a new member and all, may not lQQk good at my yearly review.

OK Mike,  which short, bald and fat guy with two noses are you?.. Are you the guy who walks around the 3-D shoots with two bows. One strung for shooting and the other unstrung for back up lashed around his back like a back quiver just incase?  Me personally, I just keep an extra string in the car.   :biglaugh:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #507 on: January 23, 2007, 04:48:00 PM »
P.S. I'm sure we did.
Jim Pierce is the name  :wavey:  
and filling up the lil coffin with broken POC arrows at the steel plate is my game.  
And to think when I went to my first shoot, I said to myself "man these guys are good, ringing that bell all the time, lil did I know eveyone was missing the hole in the center of the steel plate"  :D  

Havent been tere in a couple of years.  The Trad Shoots lately have been on the wifes and sons B-Days.
Fixed them both real good. Just joined and now we'll shoot on both their B-days as a family.
  :biglaugh:    

P.S. Is ther a glove that won't break a french fingernail polish?  
No not for me.  For my wife. Could be more expensive to replace for wife than arrows.
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #508 on: January 23, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
Extra String...Good Point!!! Had some posts about what to bring, orange hat, bow quiver  etc...An extra string should be a no brainer with all the brush and thorns we gotta push through...See...Who said guys from LI are...Well...You get the idea!... :D ...Now, where did I put my rangefinder?... :banghead:

>>-----> mike <-----<<

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #509 on: January 23, 2007, 05:52:00 PM »
Mike--don't put yourself down so much.......................my dog thinks your are cute (when he barks I swear he is saying ci--co--nne----ci---co---nne)

ps--glad you have a sense of humor
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #510 on: January 23, 2007, 06:48:00 PM »
So...You are gonna lock me in the room from the outside eh?... :p ...Don't you think I'll be able to BLAST my way out? After eating some of that "gut grillin" chili that is!... :bigsmyl:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #511 on: January 23, 2007, 07:04:00 PM »
Brian, I love the my new KS, heck it it was just about brand new when I got it.  I have no idea how fast it is but it seems pretty quick.

Mike I might even have some "old splintery wooden knight sticks" around somewhere too......if you might need an extra one or two.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #512 on: January 23, 2007, 07:16:00 PM »
Mike, don't be too hard on yourself...you don't realllly have two noses...its hardly noticable, for the most part, really...kinda...

David -- true love???

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #513 on: January 23, 2007, 07:19:00 PM »
OK...someone is going to have to put a stake in the ground...I just gotta see all those awkward, leaning, tilting, squatting, turn around shots I've been hearing about from the Mikester...  :eek:    :confused:  

Mikes the only guy I know when he kneels down to make a shot....the bow is still pointed up at 45 degrees...at the 10 yd target...  :rolleyes:    :saywhat:  

BUT....I will say this about this bald, fat, 2 nose hunter....HE'S GOT A HEART OF GOLD!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #514 on: January 23, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
Aw c'mon Joe, you know he's not kneeling........   :rolleyes:    :notworthy:
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #515 on: January 23, 2007, 07:34:00 PM »
Picture to come, as soon as we figure it out. You got it,Damon, Jamie(Wannabe)and me went out huntin' today. It was a good day, as it was cold a bit overcast. We tried out a new spot across the tracks from Dad. The first push we saw 3 bunnies and I got two shots, at the same bunny. I missed him running and he stops dead, he gives me another shot. I hit a branch and he was off. We were gonna try another piece, but I had a feeling. We needed to head to the airport. OOOHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #516 on: January 23, 2007, 07:47:00 PM »
Here We Go AGAIN!!!!!

Gee Shawn,I think you've been hanging around Curt too long LOL, You're picking up his "bad" storytelling habits.....   :rolleyes:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #517 on: January 23, 2007, 08:08:00 PM »
Ok, it's been 33 minutes, What gives?  :campfire:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #518 on: January 23, 2007, 08:12:00 PM »
Nope, I do not hang around Curt enough. I miss him!! I was just called to dinner. We went to the airport and since it was 4:20 we figured we would just put one guy out in front a ways and push it. Jamie was first, we saw no bunnies after 100 yards. We than put Damon out front and pushed again. I thought I saw a bunny when we neared Damon and he said he heard something between us. I took a step and looked up and running down the old road was a bunny. I laughed out loud and said there he goes way out inn front. I was just starting into the thick and Jamie says I see one sitting here and I think I can get him. He pulls back and lets one fly. He missed but says he is still there. I said where and he said "see my arrow right next to it!" OOOOO, I see him!! I pull up and there was atiny branch half way to him. I cut it in two, which was good as I cleared a lane. Damon says is he still there? Yup and Jamie is drawing again. He shoots and misses, but by less than an inch. I say nobody move, I have a hole to shoot thru, well the bunny now has 3 arrows pretty much laying cris-crossed over him and does one of those, stretch my neck and survey things a little better to prepare for flight. Before he can run I pick out his eye and lett it loose. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Head shots are awesome! I still did the run and practically dive on him trick, just to make sure. We got one for the pot and it was too cool. We continued on and Jamie, got 3 more shots and one we though was a hit, but no bunny. We saw about 10 bunnies and only did two small pieces, so we know they are out there and that is what we all want!! Sorry for the long post but it was an awesome afternoon, getting to meet Chris, I mean Jamie(LOL!) and hunting with two special buds! We will be doing a lot more of this as a team now!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #519 on: January 23, 2007, 08:17:00 PM »
Bunny Adventure:

"START":...  :smileystooges:  ...  :knothead:  ...  :biglaugh:  ..."END"

God Bless You Shawn For Making This Happen!
I Love You Guys And Am Looking Foward To This Event!
REMEMBER...It's All About St. Judes! AND the BUNNIES! Lets not forget the bunnies...GEEEezzzz...OK?... ;) ...

>>-----> mike <-----<<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©