INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88428 times)

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #560 on: January 24, 2007, 09:28:00 PM »
As long as you can point the way home Shawn it will be worth it to see the trip down the hall for ice......even without the nightcap!  :goldtooth:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #561 on: January 24, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Bwa hahahahah, you're freakin' killin' me Joe!!!     :biglaugh:      :jumper:
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #562 on: January 24, 2007, 09:42:00 PM »
Oh My Joe!!!...Picture a little chimp with a red skull cap driving down the hallway, ringing his little bell, looking over his shoulder with a cute little monkey smile and an ice bucket in one hand, just to get you big bad boys some ice...

As the little monkey turns the blind corner at the ice machine...He gets off the bike and fills the bucket with fresh cubes...Then WEES all over them!!! MMMMMmmmmmmm Good For You!     :biglaugh:
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2007, 09:48:00 PM »
I can already see the Times Union headlines....
" Hillary run over by a leather-wearing tricycle driver at charity hunt"...that would make for one heck of a campaign add.
Might be heading out tomorrow to try the newest batch of arrows. Depends one how cold it gets. They sure do look pretty....hope they fly well.
Hope you guys are still dancing...  :p
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline southpawshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2007, 09:49:00 PM »
....with ALL your clothes on!!!!!  It's mighty frigid out there boys!!   ;)
Scott F >>--->   @

"if the wood don't fly the bunny don't die" - Stone Knife, JLMBH 2008

Proud member of Team Pink

Offline Mark Fedrizzi

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2007, 09:55:00 PM »
Brian---no videos--we do not need any EVIDENCE-------I like to plead the 5th whenever possible...

Scott--that Jameson's is some smoooooth stuff..

Mikey---you start riding a tricycle around the hall and we will be sleeping on the cold---but I would take that memory to my grave....
Keep Em' In The Kill Zone

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #566 on: January 25, 2007, 06:49:00 AM »
GOOD MORNING BUNNY HUNTERS!!!!!!!!!!   :archer:

The Bunnies are hoppin' and the temperature is droppin'!!!!!

They're callin' for more snow.....So round and round I go!!!!!

I'm Dancin'!!!!! I'm Dancin'!!!!! I'm Dancin!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #567 on: January 25, 2007, 10:38:00 AM »
Here's a birds eye view of the hunting grounds    

Gene
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #568 on: January 25, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
Gene I love seeing that, it's adding to the memories already, I can almost see that stand in the big oak in the middle left corner that almost killed Shawn, he's a tough old buck though.....takes after his Dad.  :thumbsup:

Offline Montauks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #569 on: January 25, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
David, this will be my first time on this hunt, what area on this pic do you think we'll be chasing those wascally wabbits?

Gene
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset.

Crowfoot, Blackfoot warrior and orator

Offline Huntrdfk@Work

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #570 on: January 25, 2007, 12:44:00 PM »
Gene this is only a small portion of what we normally hunt, but the brushy area on the left edge, along with the fencerow to the right of the airport runway, and the brushy and wooded areas to the right of the runway also.  There are a couple of more spots further down the road also, so there is no shortage of acreage or bunnies, believe me.

David

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #571 on: January 25, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
David, that is cool. I do like that oak stand though. We hunt pretty much everything that is in that picture. I also have two new spots this year as we have so many guys. Each is only a two-minute drive. Damon(Nomad),Jamie(Wannabe) and I hunted one the other day and saw bunnies and lots of sign. If ya look at the pic. and see where there is a distinct break in the planes, go to the hedgerow on the right, that is where I killed the bunny Tuesday. Bunnies are everywhere and we can surround them now. This is gonna be awesome. OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #572 on: January 25, 2007, 04:21:00 PM »
I forgot to mention some more good news. Onestringer(Scott Hesterly) he does arrows wraps on the sponsor classifieds is donating wraps to our hunt. The will say Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt 2007. Is that awesome or what, I have used these and they are awesome and priced very reasonable, I mean down right cheap. I have done a bunch of arrows for the table with them. Why I am at it, I would like to thank David(Huntrdfk) for all his help. He has done a lot from afar. Thanks, man I love ya!! Lets do this!! OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #573 on: January 25, 2007, 04:57:00 PM »
Thanks Shawn, I love ya too man, but really I've done nothing anyone else here wouldn't step up and do......besides, I really, really look forward to this two day get together.  The people I've met because of you opening your home, including your family, have become important people to me.  My wife still thinks you are all strangers to be careful around, she just doesn't get it. (Well maybe I should be careful....  :scared: ) I can say with all honesty that I consider none of you strangers in any way, in fact there are a couple of newcomers this year that I am really looking forward to meeting.

Shawn, I don't mind the oak tree at all, it's just the gettin into part that bothered me!

Anyways, come on February!!!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #574 on: January 25, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
David, I missed a 150" buck from a stand I put up about ten feet behind it. This way I could shoot the valley and the field. Big monster, I shot under him!! I did kill a doe from it with the muzzle-loader though. The pic. of the hunting grounds is awesome, if those lands could talk, well I would be taliking with them forever!!  :bigsmyl:  OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #575 on: January 25, 2007, 05:13:00 PM »
:smileystooges:    :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #576 on: January 25, 2007, 06:42:00 PM »
Yeah I have to say Im dwelling on this hunt a little bit.LOL.
I figured there were deer like that around there from what I saw while we hunted the other day. All looks very productive.
I will be out tomorrow for sure. I need to try all these new arrows.
YOu dancers still dancing?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2007, 08:16:00 PM »
This thread is like being on drugs! I read it when I wake up, then I read it a few times throughout the day if I'm home,or, if I'm not home, I think about it ALL day until I GET home and finally read some more 'til I go to bed!! And I ain't even talkin' about my dreams  :knothead:    :D    :D  
OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH YYYYEEEEAAAAAHHHHH
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #578 on: January 25, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »
I started getting my bunny arrows ready today. Cedars with tiger claws and judos. Bow quiver is on the Groves, extra string, vest etc....

Then I grabbed my old wool pants...oh oh   :scared:    :confused:  

Didn't realize how badly they are banged up...missing buttons, torn loops....  :help:  
So...it looks like I'm heading out to buy a new pair. I sure hope they make them as thick as these Sweedish Army issue pants were...those briars will eat me up....
  :pray:
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline Alex.B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #579 on: January 25, 2007, 08:38:00 PM »
Hey Joe,
sorry I forgot to call you! I got Swedish army pants too. They have a bunch for sale at Rangersurplus.com in Fairfax, VA if you need a new pair, cheap too
tgmm, tanj, compton, bha

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©