INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88566 times)

Offline recurver

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #740 on: February 04, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Stone Knife

I know what you.. I don't take the cold as well as I use to. When I was younger I would still go out and run rabbits in this weather no problem. Not so much anymore.

Bryan

Offline B.O.D.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #741 on: February 04, 2007, 09:01:00 AM »
I was out in my boxer shorts and a sweater shooting my longbow this am..-24 with the windchill!! LOL (that is -11.2 farenhiet...)
We canucks are a bit crazy like that though.  :smileystooges:    :bigsmyl:    :archer:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #742 on: February 04, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
It is quiet on the site as well. We are getting close boys, ya ought t make some noise. It is brutal cold and -10 with the wind chill, kinda like last years hunt! I may go out later today for a bit, I have to clean house and get ready for the big game first. OOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #743 on: February 04, 2007, 10:42:00 AM »
Shawn, just talked to Damon, he has other obligations.
Ya wanna come over here and check out my area? I have been seeing bunnies, but kinda hard to get em alone. If not, we will have to set up something else. Let me know, I will be here and there today, but I will check back when I can.
I went out yesterday late afternoon. Only saw one bunny. I found three different spots that were worn down to bare earth...yote tracks everywhere.I guess it was their den area(s)?
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #744 on: February 04, 2007, 01:25:00 PM »
I,m not gonna bother this weekend.Last week was alot of work and I didn,t even see a rabbit it that stuff.It'll most likely be worse this weekend besides the cold.The cold isn,t so much of a problem as the snow covering the underground runways is,ya wouldn,t see them untill they ran into your feet Good luck to those that are gonna go anyway,ofcourse from what I,m hearin we have alot more snow than you guys East of us.
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #745 on: February 04, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »
Tom, we need some. It is gonna be tough going without snow. I hope Chuck and Ken keep dancin', just a tad would be great. I am heading out fro a walk in a little while, I may see a bunny or two, I am going to a secret spot. I usually see several in this place. I will let ya'all know!! OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #746 on: February 04, 2007, 02:04:00 PM »
Good luck to those going...  :thumbsup:  
Might take a walk in a bit myself....need all the practice I can get.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #747 on: February 04, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
Out the door I go!! I just got off the phone with Tracy from Foxfire Archery(arrowsbykelly web-site)and he is sending out the arrows for Hope and Faith by weeks end. Tapered Doug Fir with orange crown and some ornage feathers and cresting, they will be sweet!! I'm Off!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #748 on: February 04, 2007, 04:32:00 PM »
Wow, you guys are slacking off!! I just got back, and man what a great day to hunt. I saw 10 at least and got two. I took pics. but have to get set up to post. I went to my bros. house and just walked around on the power lines. I got at least 10 shots and connected 3 times. I lost one as it got to its hole before I could. Best day I ever have had bunny huntin, cept for these TG hunts. My two kills came witin 2 minutes of each other. I shot the first sitting in a pile at 5ft., the second came out of the same pile,as I was retrieving the first bunny. He ran out and disapeared, as I came out of the pile I looked up the pwer lines about 15 yards and there one sat, I assume the same bunny. I drew and released, perfect head shot. I did my usual dive on him before he gets away trick!! We may have to give this spot s try at this years hunt, we'll see how we do in our old hot spots first. trhis is gonna be good!! Now go INDY!!! OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #749 on: February 04, 2007, 04:39:00 PM »
Awesome Shawn. I only saw two...had one shot(running), got pretty close but lost the arrow. I heard many far off in front of me but never saw em.
Still putting a hurting on those stumps...
Thats awesome ya got two with the bow stuff...good shooting.
                         -Jamie

Online 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #750 on: February 04, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »
Way to go Shawn,nice shooting are you heading to tollgate sunday? With the way you were shooting that longbow you could be bringing home some prizes.We still have snow down here.Just came up from the shop dipped some trad-lites,never have to many arrows LOL.See you all in a couple...ED
Put some air under it.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #751 on: February 04, 2007, 04:59:00 PM »
Great day, not great shots but good. Ed, I want to go. I am waiting to hear from Curt. I want to hook up with him and head out or the both of ya. I shoot this LB pretty darn good. I do not have my light KS or I would shoot that as I shoot that even better. See ya Sunday I hope!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #752 on: February 04, 2007, 05:44:00 PM »
We got about 6" of snow in two hours last night and more is on the way tonight !!
The closet I came to hunting this weekend was watching a hawk eat a songbird it knocked out of one of the pines in the backyard. At least he got lucky.
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #753 on: February 04, 2007, 05:47:00 PM »
Way to go Shawn, sounds like a pretty good day to me, it's getting close now.....12 and a wakeup

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Peter Smith

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #754 on: February 04, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Got at least 6 inches of snow last night as well. Snow is darned deep at my house with lots of drifting. I have gotten my $s worth out of my ATV and plow this year!

Pete
You get what you get.

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #755 on: February 05, 2007, 02:40:00 PM »
Bare ground here again. Wont be heading out today...fighting a cold, and I need to be healthy for the big hunt.
Maybe you dancers need to dance in a circular motion to get the snow moving around a bit? LOL.
                         -Jamie

Offline Kingstaken

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #756 on: February 05, 2007, 03:05:00 PM »
Shawn,

I hope ya savin some wabbits for us guys..   :clapper:  

Wanna test my new braodheads.

They lQQk like a carrot,,, Wabbit is suppose to runs towards arrow just incase,or should I say when I miss....   :biglaugh:
"JUST NOCK, DRAW AND BE RELEASED"

Offline sleepyhollow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #757 on: February 05, 2007, 05:27:00 PM »
Well, it seems my hunting partner can't make it this year again(going ice fishing) so if anyone coming up from the city or L.I. has the room and can swing through Westchester I would be more than happy to fill your tank and buy coffee, this would be my third year and would really appreciate it  :pray:

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #758 on: February 05, 2007, 05:32:00 PM »
OK, someone pick up Steve, if not I will get up real eraly and go get him. He has been there for most of them!! Got some good news for you guys. Faith arrived today and even though it is a lefty, I strung it up and shot it. I do Ok lefty and my first group of 5 arrows was 4"s at 12 yards. It liked some 60-65 cedars with 125 grain heads cut to 29"s. I am gonna hunt it tomorrow and will post what I did on the Hope and Faith thread as well as here. I am gonna give this picture posting thing a go as well!! OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #759 on: February 05, 2007, 06:07:00 PM »
Cool Shawn, Faith and Hope are beautiful bows that shoot pretty well also......have fun with them.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©