INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)  (Read 88491 times)

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: (Final Thankyou!!!)Joan Leonard Memorial Bunny Hunt(2007)
« Reply #940 on: February 11, 2007, 11:49:00 AM »
You Have It Right Chuck!...  :jumper:  ...Wish you could be there Saturday...

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #941 on: February 11, 2007, 12:22:00 PM »
Too funny....
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #942 on: February 11, 2007, 12:41:00 PM »

The top knife in the picture is for the table: 3" blade, 7" OAL, 1095 hc steel trimmed out in bocote and brass.

The bottom knife I'm bringing along for Wapiti Chaser, same steel with macassar ebony and bird's eye maple.  Just needs the final sanding and the finish...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #943 on: February 11, 2007, 01:36:00 PM »
Nice looking knives, as usual.  Someone is going to be very happy come next Saturday night....  :archer:    :goldtooth:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #944 on: February 11, 2007, 01:40:00 PM »
While I'm here, does anyone have a use for some 30", 65-70 chundoo arrows?  I have about ten in very good to new condition, dipped blue with white fletching......anyone here needs or wants them let me know and they are yours.....

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #945 on: February 11, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Dave, I've been wanting to try chundoo forever. I bet they'd even work out of my longbow. How much would you want for them...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #946 on: February 11, 2007, 03:18:00 PM »
Umm....what is chundoo? Sorry had to ask.
I think I am good on arrows for a while(until the steel anyway)....I made a dozen, then a half dozen, and then another half dozen. I have only broken one, and found the one I shot at the bunny a few days ago...
I have found that grinding feathers is worth it...so much easier to fletch.
Im getting pumped for this hunt....
David, you are gonna have to take me off the list for the moose hunt...cant be available for those dates....its a good reason though.  :thumbsup:  
Im looking forward to shooting at aerials and moving targets....even the aroow muncher...
When should we expect to hear about tollgate today??
Those are some very nice knives...you have some talent sir.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #947 on: February 11, 2007, 03:34:00 PM »
lol... he called me "sir"... don't know me very well, does he?    :smileystooges:  Thanks Jamie.  Bob's knife looks a lot better now with the finish on it!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #948 on: February 11, 2007, 03:49:00 PM »
Jamie, I'm pretty sure that Chundoo is another name for lodgepole pine. Not absolutely sure though, so hopefully I haven't made a fool of myself...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #949 on: February 11, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Reading this post as much as I do...shoulda went with "man" or "dude" huh? Lol...nice work either way. Knife making is yet another thing Im going to try, even got me on of them there books on it.  :cool:  
Just shot my newest arrows...they fly well...and seem to hit harder than the others.
Just wanted to take a sec and say this site is awesome. I have only been here a few months, and the amount of knowledge I have gained is amazing....arrow making, fletching, serving-to name but a few topics...do's and dont's....not too mention pointers on form and anchoring from the few I have already hunted with...the whole transition from compound to trad has been rather quick. Thanks everyone. Now I just need to make my first trad kill....  :thumbsup:
                         -Jamie

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #950 on: February 11, 2007, 04:06:00 PM »
Eddy......Put me down for a large on the shirts..See ya Saturday....
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Offline J.Williams

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #951 on: February 11, 2007, 04:15:00 PM »
Would you put me down for an XL Ed?I gotta have one.  :)

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #952 on: February 11, 2007, 05:09:00 PM »
OK trying this picture thing...
                         -Jamie

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #953 on: February 11, 2007, 05:17:00 PM »
Nice Job for a newbee Jamie!!!...Good lookin floor too!... :thumbsup: ...

... mike ...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #954 on: February 11, 2007, 05:28:00 PM »
Thanks Mike....need to fine-tune my feather cutting and grinding, but they fly well all that considered. And, um....thats my coffee table....but thanks.
They are 28", 4" banana type, and I used bohning fletch-lac and saturn yellow cresting paint.I mixed black powder w/ water for the gray stain. They arent perfect....but I learn something each time I try a new batch. And I am totally hooked...
When are they gonna let us know how they did shooting today?????LOL
                         -Jamie

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #955 on: February 11, 2007, 05:36:00 PM »
Chris they are yours, I'll bring them to the hunt.  

Those arrows caught my attention Jamie, you'll have trouble losing those....

David  :archer:
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #956 on: February 11, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »
So Sorry... :o ...Just that the wood boarder and slate were joined nice and I kinda guessed (in error) that it was a "honey do" floor...Looking at the pic now, I can see I must be blind... :( ...

Anyway- We should here from some of them guys about Tollgate soon!...Betca Guru was high score...He IS one of the best archers I know...

... mike ...

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #957 on: February 11, 2007, 05:57:00 PM »
Not to put pressure on anyone,buuttt, I only have 8 responses so far from people saying they want to be in the drawing to be a subpermittee for the Maine Moose hunt, (Should I be drawn).  Keep in mind that I have to list an subpermittee and an alternate when I apply, I can't put a player to be named later down, so if you want to play let me know, the dates are listed on page 52......

Sorry to you eight who have replied for trying to increase the pool....  :help:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #958 on: February 11, 2007, 06:06:00 PM »
Please read entire post,I am in, right? We just got back from the Toll gate shoot. Great time, but I shot lousy, should of stuck with the longbow. Curt did good, he won a nice Samick recurve, a knock off of the older Widows, still a nice shooter as it was a rihty and I shot it. I shot 196 with 2 zero, so not terrible, but far from my best. I got some donations for the bunny hunt from there as well. Some money and some nice big pieces of seal skin for the table. Guys remember we have a prize table for breaking a balloon, hitting an aerial and a bounding wood rabiit, remeber to bring some small stuff for that, inserts, a couple broadheads, whatever. Also Curt and I were talikng, everyone and I mean everyone wear something bright, either orange or chartreuse or bright red, pink whatever, SAFTEY FIRST!!! Also I will post directions mid-weeek(Weds). This thing is gonna be awesome, remeber we are here to kill some bunnies, everything else is the gravy!! Wait a little while and I will show ya why I should of stuck with the longbow! I was trying to do it as well!!! OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Jan Brown

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #959 on: February 11, 2007, 06:11:00 PM »
Ed,
     Two shirts for me please...one XL and One Med will do the trick. Hope to see you guys this weekend!     Jan  :)    :campfire:
Jan Brown
Orange County, New York
Lead, Follow, or Get Out Of The Way

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©