INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Mr. Clean in Arizona!! The last days Pg 3  (Read 5368 times)

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
Mr. Clean in Arizona!! The last days Pg 3
« on: December 12, 2005, 05:35:00 PM »
Well I just got home from the Post Office and Mr. Clean appears to have made a succesfull journey from Georgia to the land of the Anasazi and Dine'(Navajo). His Mojo is evident even while still under wraps in his protective case. You can actually feel something...kinda freaked me out. No really did not just story tellin!!

My son Jason who will be hunting Mr. Clean is still at school and the actual unveiling will need to wait. I am interested to see if he feels that.....something too.  

Jim Coffey
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline yleecoyote23

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mr. Clean in Arizona!! The last days Pg 3
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2005, 06:00:00 PM »
I bet he does..... that bow has mucho MOJO!!!  :eek:    :D
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Offline KodiakBob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2005, 06:02:00 PM »
Gonna use it to hunt Skinwalkers?

Offline Kaibabkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2005, 08:53:00 PM »
Hey Guys, Its Jason Canyon's son. MoosejawBob I dont think Ill be able to get me a skinwalker, They might be a little to fast for the bow.

Oh yeah Mr. Clean is a beautiful bow, one of the best looking bows Ive ever seen! Maybe Mr. Clean can help me put my pink fletch threw a mule deer, coues deer, and a pig! Im not counting on it but it would be way cool! What Im really hopeing to do is get me a coues deer that would make my day!

Offline KodiakMagnum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »
well good luck with him!! happy hunting

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »
I'll be rooting for you Canyon and Jason.  Go get 'em.  As The Ferret told Guru and Guru told me . . . Get 'em close and hammer 'em!!!! (and keep up posted on how its going.

Ted

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 10:20:00 PM »
Jason got to put a few arrows over the shelf of Mr Clean tonite before dinner. All flew straight but at 15-18 yards hit 8" far right. It may have been a change in his anchor point caused by the ear to ear grin on his face. The boy still was wearing it when I went to work. We'll be working at getting settled in for real tomorrow.

Jim Coffey
A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight;nothing he cares about more than his own personal safety;is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free,unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2005, 12:03:00 AM »
Things are looking good for Friday's opener. Trying to arrange for a meeting with the area Medicine Man (he shoots an old Wilson Bros Widow)so he can provide a Native Blessing. Also just heard from a reliable source of three large 4x4's trolling a sage flat near my favorite Canyon country. Getting those arrows dialed in a bit better and of course my advice to Jason is "Get 'em close and hammer 'em!!!!  Should start getting some pictures up in the next few days.

Jim Coffey

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2005, 05:33:00 AM »
Looking forward to it...good luck guys  :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Bama Stan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »
Waiting with nervous anticipation. Like an expecting dad. Good luck guys.

Stan
"Ain't no shame in miss'n" Smitty after I missed a nice boar at ten yrds.

Offline Kaibabkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2005, 08:33:00 PM »
Hey Guys
I took Mr. Clean out for some shooting today; I’m not shooting near as bad as when I first started shooting, today I didn’t even hit my arm. I put a small mason jar lid in front of the target and I hit it about the third time. The others were dead on line just a little high. Hey dad about those 4x4s you know I only shoot 2x3's well maybe Mr. Clean can break my habit of that! Oh yeah, I’m going to start a Topic, as my dad already knows I write poetry (no its not my pink fletching) I haven’t written any about archery or in the woods except one so I’m going to put it up and when I write more I will put them up also! Well see ya guys
Kaibab Kid

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2005, 11:05:00 PM »
Glad the bow arrived safely and is in good hands.   :)
Jason, the first time I shot Mr. Clean I hit about 8" right also. The second day and round I was dead on. Not sure what changed other than I canted the bow a bit more than I did the first round and I just did not worry about where the arrow was gonna go. Whatever, I got real excited after that second round.   :bigsmyl:

Good luck to you and I look forward to some exciting stories and pic's.

Al

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 01:39:00 AM »
Well just to let everybody know we haven't given up on this project yet. Yesterday was the late season opener but instead of watching a sunrise over a vermillion colored canyon and scanning sage pockets for Mossbacked Mulies Jason and I were in Flagstaff trying to get my camp trailer and older son's temporary College housing in order. A furnace failure and resulting frozen pipes caused a nice mess.

Really didn't interfer with Mr Clean's hunt much as we are still trying to get an arrow combo that Mr Clean likes. Jason is grouping well and near center but the arrows are kicking hard tail left  as they leave the bow. Tomorrow the whole day will be dedicated to getting it all dialed in.
Here is a pic from today.  

Offline Al33

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 06:36:00 AM »
Canyon, same problem for me. Link with pic and details. Good luck with the maintenance and especially with the hunting. Go get 'em Jason.

http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=026792

Offline Ted

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 09:18:00 AM »
Al - thanks for putting that link in there.  Somehow I missed all of your additions to that thread.  I am glad that little Mr. Clean chapter was filled in for me.  Thanks for the compliment about my model - I can't resist putting her in just about every picture I take.

As for hitting right, I was hitting right a little bit at the beginning too.  I just figured it was due to not being close to center cut as are the other bows I have been shooting lately.  I just kept shooting him, canted a bit more and he came in.  I was getting decent enough flight with my arrows (my spine was slightly light), so I figured it wasn't an arrow problem, rather, just an archer problem (I'm used to dealing witht those).

I think you'll get him figured out.  Besides, when Mr. Clean sees game out in front of him, his mojo will kick in.  As long as you've got the spot picked, I bet Mr. Clean will take care of the rest.  I can't wait to read some Mr. Clean poetry.

Ted

Offline Osagetree

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »
Yes, Mr. Clean likes cant! Good to hear about the bow again. Keep it coming.

I found that 28", 52lbs spine arrow worked for me and Mr. Clean, at a certain cant. Change in cant was very noticable in flight of arrow. I used the middle finger, rear molar anchor point. Finger actually in the mouth, really get the string close into the face and in front of the eye.They flew like darts for me!!

Good luck!
>>--TGMM--> Family of the Bow

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2005, 04:59:00 PM »
Looks like we got it now. 50-55 spine 5/16 Ramin dowels originally intended for nutters. Bareshaft with 125 grain heads fly like darts and Jason's hits were dead center from 15-18 yards. Jason is fletching them now and Mr. Clean is going out near the house this evening for a confidence building hunt for varmints and other targets of opportunity. Stay tuned I'll have him give an update.

Offline Bama Stan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
Hello, anybody out there?

Stan
"Ain't no shame in miss'n" Smitty after I missed a nice boar at ten yrds.

Offline Canyon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
Yep!! Stan we're out here!! I've had a few unexpected hours at work!! Lots of Christmas shopping which consumes a day cause town is 80+ miles away. I'll try and get Jason to give an update on the hunt from the other nite.

Offline Kaibabkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2005, 08:38:00 PM »
Mr Clean and I didnt do so well! But i do beleave if we saw more rabbits i belive we could have at least shot one! No Coyotes didnt even see one. I did miss a jack rabbit running directly at me, The arrow was perfect just the rabbit stoped before the arrow and him met. Guess he didnt want to meet my pink fletching! Well g2g guys ttyl
Kaibab Kid

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©