INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Mothers Day Weekend Pork Reduction Maneuvers- story complete  (Read 5603 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Mothers Day Weekend Pork Reduction Maneuvers- story complete
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »
Dang, No sence in me comming your way Ray. I think yall went and kilt all the pigs.  :D  
I really like the two brown ones!   :thumbsup:  CK

Offline TexMex

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 08:18:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:00 AM »
Curtis, we left plenty for seed, brother.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »
Sunday morning- dawn breakin', low clouds, comfortable temps, and a soft drizzle at gray light. Coffee up, and out we go.

We walked, walked some more, and then a little more...not one animal was stirring.

We decided to drive down into the swamp and check things out and NADA, nothing! It was like God "beamed 'em up"- we didn't even scare up a deer or a turkey.

As we drove out of the swamp a little let down if you want to know the truth, and were headed back to the main intersection just out of camp we spot some pigs running off into the big woods and Mike grabs his bow and gets after 'em.

I continued on to the camp to start packin' stuff and getting the camp cleaned up so we could leave later in the day.

In an hour and a half I got everything done and headed back to check on Mike and what do you know? He got on the piggies and stayed with 'em, ghosting them through their travels down the road, and when they ducked off into some thickets he knew they would be back out so he hauled buggy down to where they entered and sure enough, in just a couple minutes here they come back out to the road and he center punched one!

I'm sorry these photos are so bad but with just a disposable camera and the weather was getting nasty, threatening rain, they just didnt come out very well.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 09:27:00 AM »
All in all we had a great weekend. The interesting thing was, with the full moon and all, we didn't see ANY large pigs at all. Lots of sign that they had moved around during the night...but they didn't appear during daylight hours..other than that one with all the small piglets we killed the biggest pigs we saw but we saw a TON of smaller pigs.

The big ones were there...they just weren't moving around in daylight.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
AWESOME tale Ray! Way ta go fellers....that spot is certainly turning out to be hotttttttt  :readit:  

Now if we could just get Mike to smile in his pics   "[tunglaff]"
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »
JC, in his defense, he was plumb wore out from DRAGGIN'  !!!!

After we got back to the skinning shed, we had to skin, clean, and cut up all four pigs and that took about an hour and a half..then shower and change, have our leftover burgers for lunch, and we headed toward civilization!

We were both WORE OUT!!!!!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
"Drag Unit".....yeah, that fits   :D  

You gonna bring that sweet lil bow so I kin shoot it?
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
I concure,...the last morning of Ray's and my hunt Ray went for a walk all by himself...and I skinned and quartered 500#s of hogs...all by meself. Course that's not what I think about while I'm smelling that smoker.

What's cool about this story for me is that I really can see it in my minds eye, cause I've been there.

Congrats guys...and thanks for sharing the story.   :thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline SuperKodiak38

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2006, 10:45:00 AM »
Great story, wonderfully told. Thanks Ray, I too felt like I was walking with you.  :thumbsup:
"Go afield with a good attitude, respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience.It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person."

Fred Bear

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: May 24, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »
absolutely, JC...on June 10th if the creek don't rise I will be in Ranger with her for you to shoot...I want to see that pretty new house of yours.

Thanks, SuperK, it's fun writing them when you have that much happening!

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: May 24, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »
Heck , I was smiling!!!  :bigsmyl:  Man I worked hard, pamper Ray, drag hog , pamper Ray , drag another hog , pamper Ray , stay up too late, pamper Ray , drag another dang hog , pamper Ray , total mental let down , pamper myself, pamper Ray, eat too much , pamper Ray , stay up too late , pamper Ray , kill hog , drag hog, pamper Ray, dress hogs , pamper Ray, half wet, walked 20 miles, pamper Ray some more, and then have to go back home!!! But I spent all weekend with one of my best friends!!! I'm smiling   :bigsmyl:
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: May 25, 2006, 01:19:00 PM »
The pleasure was all mine, Drag Unit!!!!!!!!!   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:

Offline Momma Kohunna

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: May 25, 2006, 03:25:00 PM »
Mr. Ray, I guess you got out of this Mother's Day OK, least you bought the groceries.  Um brought home the groceries.

Hellooooooooo Mikey, its me, your favorite nurse.    :wavey:
By grace are ye saved

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: May 25, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »
Hello BEAUTIFUL!!!! your just my favorite period!!!
If you've never been in the woods at daylight, and seen the world come alive, you haven't " Lived".

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: May 25, 2006, 06:37:00 PM »
unless I miss my guess, Mike's blood pressure just jumped a few points---and I'm not even there
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: May 25, 2006, 07:06:00 PM »
Yep, That woman is a sweetheart!!!! And TG is my Hero!!! Hey by the way Terry, where's my Pic of the ladies with there quivers, you promised me a year ago?????

Offline Squirrel Bait

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2006, 07:07:00 PM »
ttt for Terry

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2006, 08:18:00 PM »
Lemme see what I can do this weekend!!!!!!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©