INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 1st night at Chads...meat on the pole..UPDATED  (Read 9506 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st night at Chads...meat on the pole..UPDATED
« Reply #100 on: November 11, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »
:scared:  Put down the bow and step away from Mr Easter...... Ya never want his to get that close.  :readit:  I thought we'd been through all this before somewhere.  :D

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: November 11, 2006, 09:57:00 AM »
Vance...Was great sharing a camp with you and do come back to Buckeye land and hunt with us again.  We'll try to come up with a bigger and lower treestand for you the next time.  :D  Still hoping to be in your neck of the woods next summer...I'll let you know.  I'm also glad I got to hunt with Charlie again before he becomes even more famous...and dumb bunch Mickey...who's already famous.  :bigsmyl:

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: November 11, 2006, 11:36:00 PM »
CK, It had been a long week and i was feeling vulnerable!  :scared:  

I sure look forward to hunting with those boys again sometime.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2006, 07:15:00 AM »
Great story guys and nice buck Chad, also great shot placement     :campfire:  good food,    :archer:  If you get something, that's just more frosting on the cake.

Vance you look good in that gillie suit but can you shoot your bow with it on? I've got one and seems I'm always gettin my bowstring caught in it....even after I trimmed on it.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2006, 07:29:00 AM »
Nice Buck!
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2006, 10:29:00 PM »
ttt
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »
Thanks Gentlemen! It was my pleasure having these guys in camp when i took my buck.

Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline David Hewitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: November 14, 2006, 10:30:00 AM »
Cool pics Chad...Is West Union in Clermont, Adams or Brown County?  I'm on the West side of Cincinnati.  If you ever get to Switzerland County, IN, I can probably hook you up with a hunt.

Woody

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: November 14, 2006, 11:26:00 PM »
David,
West Union is in Adams county. Thanks for the offer! I'm always up for hunting somewhere new.  :thumbsup:
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline David Hewitt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2006, 12:04:00 PM »
Heard nothing but good reports about Adams County deer hunting.  Brother-in-law used to hunt in Adams and Brown Co. quite a bit.  Some big deer running around there.

Woody

Offline Mark Normand

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2006, 09:56:00 AM »
I haven't had much time to internet lately, and driving to work realized I hadn't followed this hunt-along. Quickly searched tradgang and found it.

Well, please allow me to add my congrats to Chad on that buck, and join this elite group as having spent a wonderful hunt last year at Chad's place. I probably hunted most of the same areas they did. This thread is giving me a big grin...
Chili at GoldStar, Mickey insists ya gotta do it, and we did. I love traditions like that!
Sitting around the couch at Chad's, killing time watching one of 1500 movies he owns, haha.
Watching the leaves/change color thing from an afternoon stand in bright sunlight. Wow!! Absolutely stunning!
Seeing trails and deer sign only dreamed of around here.
Shooting those haybales and targets behind the house, perfect archery range.
Just being in a private area with that much big buck potential will make you sit a stand on full alert the whole time. You guys do realize what you have there right???  LOL
It was amazing how Chad could rattle up bucks almost at will. One morning he hit the horns and a huge buck blasted down the field edge outta the heavy fog before he could put the horns down, was on him immediately. He switched quickly to bow but missed. You don't get to hear and experience these stories unless in person, and my week was full of that. I missed a small 8pt behind his house in the woodline, that later walked about 30 yards from his house/car while he sipped coffee on the back porch (he slept in). Another time was quietly getting out of that same stand, once on ground, looked up to see a nice dark 8pt walking right at me thru the trees. He turned into the brush at 20 yards, no shot.
I have a line on a small private tract in  Illinois for next year, and very much look forward to visiting that area of the U.S. again!

Chad, please tell your father, wife Shannon, and kids hello, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Stalker ILF recurve
Dakota II longbow

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »
Mark, Glad to see ya found it. I meant to email the pics to you but plum forgot. We had a great time on this hunt. I hope your able to make it back up here in the future as i would love to hunt with ya again! You been doing any good down there  in bayou country?
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©