INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: TEXAS SWEAT 06 ...Tales of the Hunts...Clips start pg 8  (Read 25116 times)

Offline Joe D

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: TEXAS SWEAT 06 ...Tales of the Hunts...Clips start pg 8
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2006, 01:46:00 AM »
Just pulled into the homestead.
Unbelievable is all I can say. Excellent group of guys! Excellent trip! Excellent food! Excellent hunting!
Great meeting you all!!!         :bigsmyl:    

"A South Texas Sunrise"

Joe D
"Silva Vocat"

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »
You're "BURNING DAYLIGHT"

LET'S GO HUNTING   :bigsmyl:   and EAT something  :banghead:    :banghead:  

This is great Thanks for sharing......vance

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2006, 09:28:00 AM »
Oh man, I awoke without an alarm clock this morning and first thing I did was jump from the sack thinking I was late to wake up all the hunters.. Boy oh boy, what a pleasant surprise to see my own bedroom wallpaper. Im going back to sleep now. I'll get up in a few days. CK

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2006, 09:41:00 AM »
When we bailed out for that stalk, I was determined we were going to get em with our well thought out, deviously contrived plan....eh Krister?    :D  

There was not really a good way to stalk them through the brush on their road, it was just to thick to get through. The wind was blowing in our faces so we couldn't get in front of em, only thing left to do was keep the brush of the fencerow between us. It was just impossible to crawl fast enough (I tried) so I just kept vegitation between us up the fencerow. 40 yards was pretty easy, getting within 20 wasn't. After about 20 minutes, I just decided to take the best shot I got within range. One big one turned at maybe the far side of 20 or so and I turned one loose. That javie was gone by a good 6 feet when the arrow sunk in the sand. They milled for a little but didn't bail out, they knew something was wrong but weren't sure what it was.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2006, 09:58:00 AM »
they sure get skittish when you get into that 20 yard range don't they JC?  they ain't dumb.  I've always wanted to hunt them and they lived up to my expectations for sure.

Sleep tight Curtis.  Enjoy some of that well-earned rest!
WWJD

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: March 23, 2006, 10:07:00 AM »
Put down the coffee or tea while viewing Stinson....

An afternoon with Dave.....Part I  

An afternoon with Dave.....Part II
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: March 23, 2006, 10:21:00 AM »
Yep Kyle, when them crittes know you're there, you gotta be point blank on em. I think they can see better turned broadside than lookin straight at ya. After thinking about my 3 misses, if you see the hackles raise up on their back, you know you've been busted, whether they run or not. If they smell ya, they're pretty much on the verge of haulin outta there. If they see ya, they'll hang around a little while but if they see and smell ya, they'll light the afterburners.

And yes Curt, I missed. 1) I'm not shootin enough with the new much heavier Morrison to be at a level of accuracy that I think I am capable of....but how can you get better if you don't hunt with it? I didn't take any marginal shots,  and the lighter bow may not of made much difference, but I know I'm certainly not up to this bow yet. 2)All my misses the animal was gone, thankfully all were clean.

Offline kyle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: March 23, 2006, 10:23:00 AM »
I noticed that too about the hackle's goin up.  If they do, you're time with them is seriously limited.
WWJD

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: March 23, 2006, 10:49:00 AM »
This is just getting better and better as more guys get settled in   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Joe,Believe me when I tell ya "I've been there brutha". Do you have plans down the road for the heavier bow??? Is that why you're working on going up in wt.?

What was that "crabby" looking thing that guy was eating???

Somewhere down the line here after things settle down I'd like to see a run down on "who killed what",between following this and the updates thread for a week now,my head is spinning   :confused:   .I can remember who got what.It would be cool to see a list...maybe?
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: March 23, 2006, 10:57:00 AM »
Kyle, Im just so happy for you bud, chalk up one for the big boys....great javie....Marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: March 23, 2006, 11:05:00 AM »
Curt, I've got lots of plans down the road for the heavier bow...mainly, if I can master this one, I could probably hunt anything just short of elephant or cape buff. Nothin set in stone, but I'm relatively young and relatively healthy so no real reason for me no to work into it.

What pic is the "crabby" thing? We ate lots of stuff, some awesome mesquite cooked carne asada with rabbits one night...and course the frog legs were pretty good   :bigsmyl:

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: March 23, 2006, 11:10:00 AM »
sorry Joe, it was in the video clip at the table Terry posted....
Curt } >>--->   

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: March 23, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »
Ahh, I see it now. That was Krister eating his rabbit. They were mighty fine over the mesquite.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: March 23, 2006, 11:48:00 AM »
TO ALL SWEAT PARTICIPANTS : I have to thank each and every one of you guys for traveling far and wide to be with us. This whole hunt started as just a small thought one night several years ago after Charlie and I got in from hunting. Neither Charlie or myself could ever forsee what was ahead. I am truly humbled beyond words that guys would travel from 16 states, Alaska, Canada, and Norway to hunt with Charlie and myself. It is something that still has a hard time sinking in. The diverse backgrounds, accents, walks of life, and financial backgrounds of all the hunters is amazing. To see you guys all in one camp, sharing, giving, and enjoying something like this is beyond words. Charlie and I would like to express our most heartfelt thank you for helping us to make this hunt such a success! I certainly can't leave out Jerry Gonzales. The man went above and beyond to help me put this thing together without many flaws. Oh, I know there will always be a few little things that guys will find wrong but there weren't many let-downs from what I saw. Thank you guys again! Yall are the ones who make the Texas Sweat such a success! CK

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: March 23, 2006, 11:57:00 AM »
THANK YOU!!! CURTIS AND CHARLIE

For all your hard work putting together a great hunt for all of us. And a big THANKS to Terry for giving us all this venue to hang out and make great things like this hunt happen. TRAD GANG is the place!! A life time of great stories and great friends packed into three days!!
hunt it

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: March 23, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »
A hearty second to Dave's accolades....you guys are definately living up to the goal all of us strive for: to further the cause of traditional bowhunting.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2006, 12:50:00 PM »
:notworthy:     :notworthy:
Curt } >>--->   

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2006, 01:37:00 PM »
Curtis, you, Thanking US??????  :confused:  
Give me a break! You just invited me on the best hunt of my life! It's you and Charlie that deserve all the thanks.  
I'd have to dig out my field notes that I took to see exactly how I worded it when I wrote about my impressions of you two, but it was something to the effect that you are both perfect examples of what traditional archery is all about.  Sharing your passions with others and passing along what you know.  And you obviously get so much pleasure in doing so. But ultimately we, the guys that had the honor of being there, are the ones that benefit, so it is US that get to thank YOU!  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2006, 01:45:00 PM »
Joe, you are absolutely right my new friend. Now that I'm back near the ocean I can say...those Kellar Dudes Rock!

Dr. Lamb was exactly as I had imagined from his work on this site, which tells me a lot. Charlie, thanks for the great, but too brief, talks and laughs.

Before coming to TXS06, I'd already been to graduate school(twice). I just finished my first semester at bowhunting school and can't wait for the next!  Viva la Tejas Sweat!
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2006, 01:52:00 PM »
You crack me up Curtis!!!!.....you and Charlie did all the work...all we had to do was show up and enjoy the show.
  :readit:  
Like I said earlier, I was honored to share a camp with each and every one there, and wish I could have shared both camps.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©