INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tales of TX Sweat 2007 - 1st Group  (Read 22780 times)

Offline Bob Morrison

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tales of TX Sweat 2007 - 1st Group
« Reply #240 on: March 21, 2007, 05:14:00 PM »
You guy's are killing me.. Some of us had to stay home and build bows.

Bob

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #241 on: March 21, 2007, 08:04:00 PM »
Bob, I feel sorry for you but just think of us poor northern boys that had to leave that "oasis" to come home to 5" of snow and 15 degree temps.  :(    :(
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline Scott G

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #242 on: March 21, 2007, 08:09:00 PM »
All right, I keep checkin' this thread and Mel still hasn't chimed in.  WTH Irish, you celebrating the 12 days of St. Patty instead of St. Patrick's DAY...surely you've recovered by now!

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #243 on: March 22, 2007, 07:46:00 AM »
Scott, I mentioned this to KCTREEMAN yesterday. Maybe we just plane wore Mel out. I suggested to John that he call Mel and make sure Killer his watch dog didn't get him!
hunt it

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #244 on: March 22, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
No, "Killer", a.K.a. Cy the Wonder Dog, did not get me.  And yes, I was worn out, worn slick as a matter of fact.  But I bounce back quick.  Here is a couple pictures, one is a shot over John's shoulder as we stalked up on a goat.  Other shot is the reason we did not shoot

Mel Riley

Offline Irish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #245 on: March 22, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »
I did get a nice goat on the third day of the hunt.  John has the pictures on his camera.  I was hoping that Tique would post, and tell the story of our hunt on the last day.

I had a great time, good hunt, and a bunch of guys that i really enjoyed being in hunting camp with.  Curtis K, Gary K, and Mr. Lamb did a great job on TX'07.

And, yes "hunt it" is the Iron Man of the Interstates.
Mel Riley

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #246 on: March 22, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
Good to hear from ya Mel!! I did't think that little ankle biter got ya! We just thought with mom gone and all, an if you forget to feed him he might just get a little ferocious.
hunt it

Offline Horne's Archery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #247 on: March 22, 2007, 05:07:00 PM »
Sorry to come into the story so late.  I stayed a couple of days with group 2.  I have to say I had a great time with everyone, it was great to put a face to the names and voices over the phone.

As tippit & J.C. were moving up on their goat Curtis and I were watching from across the canyon with our binos.  We could see Jeff shoot but no arrows, it was to far to make them out.  After some shots and sneaking the heard started our way.  Curtis and I moved to their level and set up.  The first group had 3 ewes and babies so no shots, but the second batch moved up and I could see Jeff’s goat about the 5th or 6th one back.  At this point I was there for Jeff’s goat or non.  As luck would have it the goat stepped in front of me at 12 yard.  As the other goats moved away she turned hard quartering away.  Curtis bayed at her and she stopped.  That’s when I shot her, the Sasquatch hit her in the left flank and came out her Right shoulder.  At that I felt good about retrieving the goat.  She collapsed under a cedar tree so as a safety I snuck up for a follow up shot in her bed.

That’s when Curtis went to get Jeff & J.C. we could see they had no idea that we were there and had found Jeff’s goat.

Again Congratulations Jeff on your goat.

Mark

Offline Jumper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #248 on: March 22, 2007, 09:39:00 PM »
Looks like you had one great hunt guys! Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories!
"With God, all things are possible"

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #249 on: March 24, 2007, 07:26:00 AM »
TTT for group two's reading enjoyment   :D
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #250 on: March 24, 2007, 08:15:00 AM »
Great hunt guys, and thanks for sharing your stories and photos, it goes a long ways towards easing the pain for those of us stuck in the cold and snow that Tippitt had to come back to.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #251 on: March 24, 2007, 09:06:00 AM »
Thanks for the story and the photos. JC, my wife enjoyed the "other" photos of the blooming plants. I believe that she said the blue flower was a "Texas Blue Bonnet".

Did you get your package JC? It went out the next day after you ordered.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #252 on: March 24, 2007, 09:10:00 AM »
Don, not yet but I'll holler when it gets here, looking forward to it.

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #253 on: March 24, 2007, 09:21:00 AM »
Well I finally got caught up on your Sweat guys.  Really enjoyed all the pics and stories. Having the fishing close by looks like a real bonus.  Thanks for sharin your "good times".  :thumbsup:

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #254 on: March 24, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Whew! Just got in last night. It took a whole day to clean up and pack up camp. Of course it was still an eight hour drive home from West Texas. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones! There are such an overload of memories formed each year at Texas Sweat that they simply all run together for awhile. I'll be back to chat soon. For now I've got four days to unpack, return 27 phone messages, 1037 emails, and repack to head off to another ranch. Thank you all for attending the Texas Sweat of 2007. I appreciate all the great memories! CK

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2007, 04:24:00 PM »
JC, I believe that you mentioned using the carp skin. Is that for real, or just a carp joke? Is it thick enough or strong enough to use? If so, where would you use it?

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
No Curtis, Thank YOU! Once again, I can't tell you thank you enough for such a great time.

Don, I don't think it's quite as fragile as snake skin...use if for backing bows, as decoration on leather...basically any place you would use snake skin. It's gorgeous on a bow backing, the prettiest thing I can think of. Whip and I will probably be donating an arm gaurd with a carp skin insert for St. Judes. I'll send you some pics when I thaw the skin out...it's stunning when you take care of it right.

What do you guys put over the snake skin you put on your quivers?

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #257 on: March 25, 2007, 09:31:00 PM »
Yeah....thanks to you Curtis for making it possible for all that attend.  I have some great memories from the last 3 'Sweats' that I'll never forget, and made some friendships that will last a lifetime.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #258 on: March 26, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
There's a few more stories out there.....Tom? John?

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #259 on: March 26, 2007, 09:40:00 PM »
OK......Tom and I doubled......but we were only the 1st to do so.  Mel and John also doubled on angoras, as did JC and Tippet.

I'll post a pic of Tom's in the AM if he aint posted yet.  I know he's busy, but I'm gonna email him....

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©