INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Brians Adventure(trophy pics)  (Read 11165 times)

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brians Adventure(trophy pics)
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2006, 05:52:00 PM »
Yep another one of those rare black hogs  :D  Good'n CK, c'mon Brian....
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2006, 05:58:00 PM »
Come on Brian, don't save it all for the magazine. Say hi to the wife and kiddies, then hit that keyboard.

Nice pics CK and the usual good story tellin. Weather looks like T sweat warm.

Offline DIAMONDBACK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2006, 06:51:00 PM »
Nice job!I am jeolus as #@%#!I wont see a green leaf for another 2.5 months,can hunt stumps then too.

Offline Joseph

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2006, 07:02:00 PM »
These are great! No better way to get worked up and get the mind thinking about how to get another hunting trip setup.  Joseph
"Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often and for the same reason"

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by the Ferret:
Dandy black pig CK! When it comes to hog huntin..you obviously the man (on the west coast... I think Warren may give you a run though on the East coast)

:bigsmyl:
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline tms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2006, 07:19:00 PM »
Yeah, last time I looked, the Gulf of Mexico was on the right hand side of the continent.

Tom

Offline Walkingstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2006, 07:44:00 PM »
Ya know Curtis this tradgang site has gotten you writing so much that you are actually getting very darn good at it. That ole school marm that taught you english in school probably already told you that would happen. Brian did look a little white in that pic...ain't fair giving him a head start on a tan. I and many others await patiently to hear the story....c'mon Brian...Don't suppose some of those shadows crossing those roads and running through the brush done took him with them...Mac~
" I always hunt with two other companions even though I mostly hunt alone - God and my dad."
God's love is like an ocean..one can see the beginning but not the end.

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »
Great story Curtis, and a great pic to boot!  Can't wait to hear more.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Roadkill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2006, 07:56:00 PM »
palms all sweaty just reading the adventure.
Cast a long shadow-you may provide shade to someone who needs it.  Semper Fi

Offline Pinecone

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2006, 08:01:00 PM »
Awesome!  There's only one thing missing in those pics...the rest of aren't there!  Oh well, I guess some us just hafta work fer a livin   :bigsmyl:  

Claudia
Pinecone

Offline Horne's Archery

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2006, 10:53:00 PM »
Great story Curtis,congrats on your hog.

Mark

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2006, 11:27:00 PM »
Man it was nice going from 20s to 80s in the temp department. Took in lots of sun, ice cold Mexican beer and, oh yeah we did some hunting.

Story to follow fellas. Sorry, been a long day. Airline lost one of my bags, with my camera in it to boot. They were supposed to deliver it tonight but nothing so far. I'll update ya'll tomorrow. Not even that can put a damper on the great week I just had though!

Trip was a huge success. Just getting the chance to meet Curtis and his wonderful wife Debbie was worth the trip alone. Curtis and I had a great time chasing critters. It will be hard to find any one or any place that tops Curtis' hospitality, him and Debbie made me feel at home. Like I've known them all my life. Thanks again Curtis and Debbie.

Dang it I forgot the cheese cake Debbie packed for me, man am I in trouble!

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2006, 11:38:00 PM »
Just got a call from Delta, they found my bag. Wanted to deliver it in a couple of hours. Nice of them to wait until 11 PM to ask, ha ha. I told them to drop it off in the morning. I'll have my camera but if you can't wait, Curtis downloaded my camera too. He'll probably make you suffer though   :D  

OK, going to bed. A few days of chasing pigs and javies wears a guy out, not to mention retrieving game from thickets I wouldn't send my lab into, straining my neck to look at all the deer, coyotes, quail, etc., doing the breast stroke in the red Texas dirt to get away from an 8+ foot blue indigo (spelling?) I could go on, and I will. Talk to you all soon.

Just for the record, I'm glad I was on the good side of Curtis and his bow. That Texas boy can shoot. Them darn poor south Texas critters, they hate it when Curtis "Killer" comes to Laredo...

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2006, 11:58:00 PM »
Congrats CK! I'm with Dick. I ain't looking foreward to all those thorns and stickers.

Brian, Sounds like you had a great hunt. Can't wait to see the pics.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2006, 07:13:00 AM »
Never nevrer never put anything valuable in a checked bag. Dang brian.

Do you know the airline industry loses 10,000 bags PER DAY!

Never put anything in a checked bag that you would seriously miss.

other than that can't wait to hear the stories and see the pics. Glad ya hada good time.

Ahh the bennies of being a big time publisher   :rolleyes:
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2006, 09:37:00 AM »
Good to see ya made it home Brian. Now, Get on with the tellin!  :D   These folks are waitin on your adventure story.   :readit:  

Brian enjoys the newfound countryside.

I took a few minutes to get Mark Horne some pics as well.

I'll post more pics when Brian gets caught up. CK

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »
You know Mickey, I've always heard stories about lost luggage but I've been on a plane on average of twice a year for the last 10 years and I never had a bag lost. I guess I just got too comfortable.

That and the fact that Curtis and I did some shopping in Laredo and I had a pinata for my daughter and a ceramic rabbit for my wife which I carried on the plane and put everything else in my duffel. Lesson learned, thank goodness they found the bag and called.

I'd be interesting in hearing more about the benefits of big time publishers, I don't know any of them   :confused:  I do know one who is just getting by however   :bigsmyl:  

OK I'm holding the one year old and she wants to eat and the 4 year old wants to show me something. I will continue later once my camera gets here.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »
The duffel bag is here and the girls are happy for the moment. I'll try to get started.

OK, arrived at Littlefeather's last Thursday after a pleasant drive through south Texas from the San Antonio airport. As I got closer to his place, I could see that this was my kind of place...wide open spaces    :archer:  

Curtis emerged from the bow shop when I pulled into the driveway. He and his wife Debbie have a beautiful homestead in Runge (pronounced "rung-E") TX. Introductions were made and almost immediately we were getting ready to start roving behind the house. Debbie pulled up shortly thereafter with a pile of groceries and was telling me what was for dinner. Man I LOVE this place!

We headed out on Curtis' property to shoot and get acquainted.

Offline mike g

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »
Hey Curtis....
    Nice picture of your DUV....(Donkey utility vehicle)....
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2006, 12:12:00 PM »
Nice "Ass"!  :bigsmyl:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©