INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Firewood is gathered(C Lamb story)  (Read 5543 times)

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Firewood is gathered(C Lamb story)
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »
I've had the priviledge of sampling some of CK's Ribs.  Those things are great.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
"OH YEA FOOD WITH PHOTOS"   :bigsmyl:    :bigsmyl:  

Now this is going to be my KINDA STUFF  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

Offline Emmons

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »
Great stuff Charlie, please keep it coming.  I love your stories and some day I hope to be a part of one.

James

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »
Vance, It looks like those ribs were made for you!  :D  I guess this is your kind of thread so far - great looking food, but pretty slim on the hunting.  :p  Doesn't matter the subject though, any tale told by the master is one worth reading  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2006, 01:11:00 PM »
I could easily tell by Lamb's snoring that his accomodations especially built for him on the Bus were suiting him fine. Oh sure, he busted my chops anyway about his beds length but sometime he just has to fulfill his desire to bust my chops.    :D      

Morning around the Bus was especially difficult. We both sipped steamy hot cups of coffee as the foggy morning gave birth to a new day. It's especially tough to know your friend is dealing with inner turmoil delt by the hand of sinister elements. The only relief was my knowing Charlie was soon to encounter the finer side of men. Even knowing the kindness Charlie was about to encounter, I was left feeling a bit Judas about the whole deal. I think everyone can understand the difficulty in keeping a secret of this caliber from a friend who is obviously greiving his losses. Things are soon to change.

Charlie went his way and I went mine this morning. I was riding a little higher as I approached the workplace. I knew what everyone around The Gang was up to and having been out of pocket for about 14 hours I was anxious to see how things were transpiring. To my utter amazment, things had grown in leaps and bounds. Things around the site shound wrap up soon and if luck held out I would be breaking the great news to Charlie by nightfall. Till then I would remain on pins and needles.

Sorry but we are now out of ribs. Hope ya got one Killy!

Pass me the tea pitcher please!

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2006, 01:33:00 PM »
I still see ribs on the plate at the edge of the pic....and is that pickled okra on the plate? You really know how to hurt a guy don't you  :bigsmyl:
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2006, 01:58:00 PM »
I think those are Vance's ribs on the other plate, but that's definately my beer!  :bigsmyl:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2006, 02:02:00 PM »
"Texas Tea", "Half" a pickled okra, and what WAS two extra ribs.....  :readit:    :saywhat:

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »
Keep it coming... Glad its close to supper time.  :bigsmyl:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2006, 03:53:00 PM »
No such thing as extra ribs. LOL
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 12, 2006, 05:44:00 PM »
Like I said, I knew all the Gang was handling things just fine while I was away from the computer. I made a few phone calls and checked the progression of Charlies fund raiser. I think all of Charlie's closest friends around this site all took an area they were capable of handling and ran individually with it. JC took care of the camera, Vance took binoculars, Doug Campbell created the knife, Terry ran the board and paypal, hell, everyone helped in some way. I know I'm am forgetting someone but please forgive me. As the day wound to a close Terry called me once again with an idea of presenting Charlie with the news but things at the Airlines didn't work out. Instead Terry would casually turn on the digital video camera as he entered the picture and seated himself at his desk. As video rolls, Terry greets Charlie with a "good evening Charlie" and continues with a heartfelt presentation of the check donated by all you guys. It was all I could do to watch it start to finish. I already knew it would be quite an emotional moment for Charlie to watch, especially being blind-sided by the moment. I had a plan but first I'd have to get home, download the video on dial-up, and not have Charlie know what I was doing. This would be hard to do since I had explained to Charlie that my computer was broke so he wouldn't be online seeing what was transpiring in his behalf.
 As the evening Mexican food plate at a nearby eatery was washed down with some ice tea, the video was downloading at home. The plan when we got home was to go for a stump shoot and fritter the evening away relaxing and sharing in the sport. Boy was Charlie's evening about to brighten up! CK

The video as Charlie saw it.  web page

Offline Hatrick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 12, 2006, 06:07:00 PM »
Curtis, I just realized that you must be the author of the great article I just read in the Bowyer's Journal, "Heart Shot." I really enjoyed the read and hope you have more to come.

Sorry to hear of Charlie's delima, hope all turns out well.
The scent of Autumn is like food to the hunters soul.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2006, 06:55:00 PM »
This keeps gettin better & better!  CK, What a cool bus you got there...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2006, 09:08:00 PM »
"OH MAN" Leave this place for a little bit and someone  EATS ALL DA RIBS   :scared:    :scared:

Offline Tilbilly

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2006, 09:55:00 PM »
Seems like there needs to be a NEW FORUM on TG.
"Charlie Lamb Stories". Seriously. Lotsa great stories. And it would save doing a search if a person missed a couple here and there.   :bigsmyl:
The older I get, the better I was.

Offline Gary Kellar

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2006, 10:01:00 PM »
Charlie -  Go ahead big boy and really juice-up this story . . . you might want to leave out the part about all the time spent sitting behind the console enjoying the "cold tea" while the youngsters shot the water full of holes!

I got back home a little after 4:00AM, but I was up early around the crack of 1:00PM!

Had a great time with all three of you and looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Charlie and "the boys" with a triple:

Vance gets "the feel" of things:

Tippit - Still haven't changed a thing and there's always plenty.

JC  -  Shooting these little critters on the move is a might tougher than those ole frogs, but not near as tasty!

GK
If at first you don't succeed, do it like your wife told you to, to begin with.

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2006, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey Dad, glad you made it! Boy Jason looks kinda serious about that lizzard. Is he smiling or getting ready to cuss?

Thank you for the compliment Hatrick.

I posted the video link on my last post. Click "web page" to view the vid. Good night!CK

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2006, 10:15:00 PM »
LOL! Can you tell I was a little nervous about that mouth full of teeth?   :scared:

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »
Big difference from those Illinois carp eh Jas?

Good stuff boys. Gary, great to hear from you. I've been threatening to get down there on the boat but I just have WAY too much to do. We'll have a serious group of BSers at the Laguna the first weekend of March. Stop by if you get the chance.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2006, 07:55:00 AM »
Hey Gary, How you doin! I didn't know they got to go with the Capt'n on that trip!

I'm not much for bowfishing....I have a hard enough time keeping sharp enough to hit what I point at. I'd be messed up for months if I had to shoot BELOW something to hit it. I think I'll just stick with Frogs   :bigsmyl:  

Lookin forward to seeing you again.
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©