INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: My Incredible Journey West(pics)  (Read 4956 times)

Offline bayoulongbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: My Incredible Journey West(pics)
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 06:15:00 PM »
CK, thanks for sharing , nice pics! Marco#78
"If you're living your life as if there is no GOD, you had  better be right!"

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 06:20:00 PM »
Most excellent bud!!  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 06:42:00 PM »
Dang and the Ferret bunch and the wingnuts have that booked for a week long adventure in February.

Now that's what I'm talking about!!!!

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:27:00 PM »
O My God the view is just too much.... I feel like I'm back in Tejas

Offline Jason R. Wesbrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 07:37:00 PM »
VERY nice!!!

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 07:39:00 PM »
Dang Mike you see the size of that place? I may have to dig out my Clint V "Magnum" 2 arrow floppy quiver for this trip!

Awesome Curtis..keep it coming.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline HARL

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2006, 07:45:00 PM »
Don't see anything like that up my way.Totally awesome!!!!
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro
A Doz. Hill Longbows

Offline Madpigslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2006, 07:53:00 PM »
wow. just wow.  :)
...gosh this is hard.

Hailey (5) 3 minutes into a pilates workout

Offline Roughcountry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2006, 09:29:00 PM »
Man, you sure it's hot there? Looks like cool country to me  :thumbsup:  

Great pics CK

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »
Danged if that doesn't look like an bleached elk shed in that last pic.  See it on the right under the tree?  Couldn't be.  Could it???    :confused:  

Looks like you found yourself a top-drawer honey hole, CK!
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Mudfeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2006, 10:48:00 PM »
Awesome Curtis!!!!!!!!
"Dad, you and me are bow shooting huntin buddies OK?"

My son Kasey- age 5...Jan 8, 2007

Keith Bruner

Offline Brian Halbleib

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Yep, ya'll better get those reservations in. I've referred at least 3 parties his way already and he'll fill up fast with that kind of value. It's a no-brainer. I'll give you a full report next week when I get back.

-Brian
 www.bowyersjournal.com

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 12:19:00 AM »
CK, That is awesome! Looks like very cool country. That atv your on looks very small. If it looks small with you on it then it's real small. Was it a 90cc? I need to get one like that for my 5 year old!   :bigsmyl:
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Curtiss Cardinal

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 06:33:00 AM »
Lord Above! what a place!
It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare. ~Mark Twain
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »
I'm glad the pics have some depth to you guys. As I look through them I feel that they didn't even come close to capturing the depth and beauty of this region. All I've been able to think about since I've gotten home is going back!

I suppose the "oh my gosh" factor kinda leveled out after the first day on the ranch. We'd stayed saddled up on the 4 wheelers about four hours and started the treck back to the quaint little ranch house. I'd seen a lot of country or so I thought. Once I returned to the camp house I looked at the map. I was quite shocked to find I'd only covered about 1/4 of this awesome place.

Dinner was a simple affair. We had home made salame and cheese with a side order of corn chips. I was tired and my fore arms a tad weak from gripping my mechanical horses reigns so tightly. I was ready for some rest but not before I had another dip in the cool rivers rapids. Aaaahhhh, that feels sooo good!

I good nights rest is always a measure of satisfaction when on a new place. I slept with the best of dreams and emegred the next morning with an ear to ear grin as I watched seven deer including a 120 class whitetail meander through camp like they had never seen humans. I never thought about my camera.

I carried my bow around a little this morning and managed to shoot a big eared Jack rabbit with a lucky shot. The Rancher had never seen anyone shoot a longbow and he looked much akin to a Chimpanzee in the Zoo when I got one. He was hopping around making noises. It was funny to me to see such excitment from watching an arrow work but I suppose his reaction was what I feel inside every time I find success myself. I was happy to share in the excitment. We crawl back on our 4 wheel friends this morning and see more country. There seemed to be caves in the cliffs is any place with verticle cliffs. I really wanted to stop and see them all but we had only limited time.

In a few short hours we discuss business and I'd have to head back into the civilized world. I wasn't looking forward to the trip. I knew I would feel as if I were leaving a new friend behing when I pulled away from this ranch. There was lots to see along the way. Hog sign around every water hole, goat and sheep sign everywhere, rabbits, lion tracks, fish, eagles, etc..... It was a sensory overload for this south Texas boy! As always happens, we'd have to finalize this trip if we were to make it home before midnight. We gathered back at camp to finalize negotiation. It was an easy decision for me and the Rancher had seen first hand effectivness of my weapons. He was open armed at the thought of seeing more bowhunters like myself. We'll see more of this place for sure. I only saw 1/2 of the ranch on this trip so there is certainly more pics to come in the future.

And so our journey begins back toward the daily stresses and work loads. Maybe this is a sign of things to come. Maybe the next trip will be just a bit more comfortable with no reasons to return to daily time clocks and deadlines. I could always dream and hope!!! Until the next trip, I'm happy you were along for the ride. Hopefully the next time we seen each other it will be along the Pecos River where we'll have our toes dangling in the cool water as we talk about the awesome hunt that had just taken place! Till then, be well and keep those arrows riding the wind!  CK

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 08:19:00 AM »
CK, thanks for the trip.  What an awesome place!  I've finally started a hunting trip "savings account" so who knows I may be able to head south one of these winters.  Would be a great trip to see that country.

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 08:58:00 AM »
Interesting looking place CK..certainly nothing like any part of Texas I've ever seen.

Doesn't look like a place the illegals would want to cross thru either.

Very Interesting.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 09:25:00 AM »
Yep looks a lot like AZ only steeper.  Dang no slacking off for me after elk season.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 09:34:00 AM »
Curtis.....how much does he want for it?   :D
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 09:40:00 AM »
Thanks Curtis. That place is beautful. It always amazes me at how places across this country can be so different yet each has it's own beauty and appeal on so many different levels. Thanks again for bringing us along.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©