INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: A walk on my Delta  (Read 1386 times)

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
A walk on my Delta
« on: August 15, 2004, 09:09:00 AM »
The weeks leading up to this day had really become long. The anticipation of the hunts ahead spurred new found excitment and I was ready for my new friend Doug Campbell to arrive.

A big white truck drove into the driveway and I knew the day had finally arrived. See, Doug was carrying a piece of archery history and I was about to get to hunt with Legends. Doug had brought The Little Delta bow with him and he was leaving it with me. I was speachless as he pulled the bow from its signed sock. My mind ran through the words of the book written by Glen StCharles about the hunts on The Little Delta. Fred Bear had also mentioned the bow in his book "Fred Bears Field Notes. My adventure begin here.

There was no time wasted in the days that followed. The hunts were long and much ground was traveled. It all started the day Doug arrived with a little foray for javalina and it ended still in pursuit of Rio Grande Turkey. I had taken a rabbit, possum, bullfrog, a quail and knocked the neck feathers from a ground stalked Rio Grande.  

Although I really never took a big game animal, the hunts will remain etched deaply in memory. It was a great honor to have hunted with a legendary bow. It was an honor to daydream as I walked with this bow in hand. I was but for a short time on The Delta with Legends of old. My only regrets are that the Daydreams couldn't have been a little longer. Maybe the daydreams have faded but the memories never will. It was my honor to have walked with Legends. A special Thanks to Mike Huston for allowing myself and others to have the experience. CK

Offline kybowhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A walk on my Delta
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2004, 10:10:00 PM »
Curtis, perfect picture to go with your story.  :thumbsup:

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: A walk on my Delta
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 12:14:00 PM »
Curtis -
Great picture...Little Delta bow in a field of bluebonnets, the State Flower of Texas. That's a wallhanger! Thanks for sharing.
Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©