INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 1st annual Adirondack attack!(the secound wave)  (Read 11893 times)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st annual Adirondack attack!(the secound wave)
« Reply #140 on: October 11, 2006, 05:08:00 PM »
Sunday morning Ken woke us up to a delicious breakfast of scrambled eggs,sausage,toast,and coffee!!!!! We headed out to the trucks to load our gear and head for the mountain.At the trailhead we had a brief pow-wow about who was going to sit where.It was almost a given that Jim was going to sit in "his" spot,(because he had seen turkeys EVERY time he had sat there!!!!!) Ken asked me if I wanted to sit where I did sat. evening or if I wanted to go to the top of the mountain. I told him I was going to the top (aka Black Squirrel Heaven) for one more chance at bagging a black squirrel. Ken told us that he was going to sit in his tree stand at the top of the mountain.

We dropped Jim of at "his" spot and we wished him "Good Luck" then Ken and I contiued on up the mountain.When we got to the top ken dropped me off at Black Squirrel Heaven (I like that name LOL)and headed for his tree stand. As I was sitting there enjoying the sights,smells,and sounds of morning,I couldn't help but think about how lucky we are as Hunters,to be able to become a part of nature and experiance it firsthand.I was thinking about my nieghbor and good friend Lew who "made the journey" last month. I was carrying his "Spirit Arrows" and I was wearing his old (1958) hunting button on my Lucky Huntin' Hat. I truely felt that his spirit was with me that morning. Then a sound snapped me out of my daydream,A fat gray squirrel was scurrying through the leaves and then he jumped up on a dead log and there he stopped...I dropped my broadhead arrow...he sat up and twitched his tail...I pulled my Judo tipped arrow from my bowquiver...he barked at me...I drew my arrow back,my index finger touched the corner of my mouth,I picked my spot right on the end of his nose.....and I let it down LOL. As I looked at this SADISTIC little squirrel I SWEAR I saw him smile at me   :p   as I looked behind him I saw nothing but AIR!!!!! He was sitting on a dead log,on the edge of a stone ledge,with NOTHING but AIR behind him!!!!!   :banghead:   He continued to sit there and taunt me almost saying "Go ahead and shoot dummy,You know your gonna miss!!!!!and then your arrow will fly off into "Who knows WHERE it will land" and you will NEVER FIND IT!!!!!   "[tunglaff]"   This squirrel did NOT go away for a LONG TIME!!!!! I did see another gray squirrel that morning that wouldn't give me a clear shot.I also saw two Black Squirrels that were running and I could not get a shot at either one of them   :mad:   ALSO I saw a Ruffed Grouse who in tippical Ol'Ruff fashion paraded around without a care untill I drew a bead on him with my Judo and THEN he exploded into the air..... (be back later)
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #141 on: October 12, 2006, 07:04:00 AM »
Ken came and got me at about 11am. He told me that he had seen a deer but could not get a shot at it. I told him what I had seen and then we headed down the mountain to pick up Jim.When we got there Jim told us that he had seen.....you guessed it!!!!! TURKEYS!!!!!

We headed down the mountain and then down the road to Ken's mother's house.We decided to go stumpin' for a couple hours before lunch. We shot,and laughed,and took a few pictures.Then we packed up our gear and down the road to get lunch. After a hearty lunch we said our "see you agains" and our Adirondack weekend had come to an end. It truely was..... "PERFECT"

Ken, Many Thanks My Brother!!!!!  :campfire:  

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #142 on: October 12, 2006, 11:01:00 AM »
Good story Chuck,    :thumbsup: !  
Good luck, everyone! As much as I loved being there on Sept 30th I hope we all run out of Sept tags for next year  ;)
(... that way we'll all get together early Oct and really put the heat on. Looking forward to it already!)

:campfire:
Aram

Offline jcsnapshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #143 on: October 16, 2006, 08:35:00 PM »
Chuck, had as much funn reading the story, as I did being there. Thanks for tellig it. Great job!!!!!  :)  It was a pleasure to share the woods with you and Ken. Best of luck this season.

Shoot Straight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jim

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2006, 11:11:00 PM »
Why Thank You Jim, It was truely a pleasure spending the weekend with you too my friend!!!!! We will have to do it again soon!!!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©