INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: 1st annual Adirondack attack!(the secound wave)  (Read 11901 times)

Offline Hot Hap

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 1st annual Adirondack attack!(the secound wave)
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2006, 03:45:00 AM »
Revellie-Revellie-Day Two is here. Hap

Offline Rico

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2006, 04:34:00 AM »
I thought you would have one down by now,I'm not extinguishing the charcoal fire yet. Good Luck

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2006, 04:54:00 AM »
just a quick run down before we head out this morning. no deer but that was my faulat as i missed a standing 10 yard shot!! thats right 10 yards and right over her back! calling for heavy rain this morning but it has not started yet. couldn't ask for a better bunch of guys! Drew's generosity is overwhelming, you wouldn't believe what thisguy has brought for fellow Tradgangers! you also have to see Aram's bark quiver! i will be posting pic's this evening, good luck to all that hunt today!
   Ken
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2006, 05:30:00 AM »
Go get em Ken!!Looking forward to the pictures.Pick a spot and shoot strait  :archer:  

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2006, 08:46:00 AM »
Sounds like a good time! Lookin forward to some pics as well.  Good luck guys. Hammer-em!  :thumbsup:

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2006, 10:13:00 AM »
Just got back from getting the Sunday paper and a gallon of milk and I am SOAKED!!!!!

I hope The Gang is managing to stay dry!!!!! (as can be expected LOL) The one thing I learned years ago about hunting the Adirondacks is that the weather changes from one hour to the next.Hopefully if it does rain it will stop soon and clear up.

Don't worry about the miss Ken,many years a near miss has made my season!!!!! Hope you all have a GREAT DAY!!!!! Looking forward to pictures!!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!  :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
Well, Aram and I got in late last nite from the adirondacks.We met up with Ken aka adkmountainmanken,John aka adirondackman,Drew aka drewsbow,we had a cup of coffee and talked strategy.We drove about 10 miles to some land that Ken had set up some stands for us.Ken did a great job of getting all of us to our stands Its not an easy task in the dark and I thank him for that.Hears the view from my stand.photobucket.
Put some air under it.

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2006, 01:07:00 PM »
Another pic when they picked me up from the morning hunt Hears one shooting after lunch Getting ready to head out in the afternoon
Put some air under it.

Offline Panzer I

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2006, 01:08:00 PM »
Wish I was There.

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2006, 01:14:00 PM »
:wavey:    :thumbsup:    :campfire:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2006, 01:15:00 PM »
I would just like to thank Ken for having us up,To hunt it was great to get together with a great bunch to do some hunting and shooting,Also Kens mom for a great meal and making us feel like home.We did not make meat on this hunt but we did make friends.Also a side note Drew brought up a box of goodies for us to have he wanted every one to pick a few things out to take back with us.I picked out a knive he made and will carry it with me this season.Thanks Drew,I will get some pics of the knive soon,Once again Thanks Ken.  :campfire: >>>>-----> ED
Put some air under it.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2006, 01:16:00 PM »
Ken, John and Drew are the kind of people you meet at 4;30 am in a parking lot, hours away from home and make instant friends. (...funny things this site does for bringing people together...) We talked, sipped the warm coffee and reminded ourselves to be grateful for the first real chilly morning (real good for deer movement but not so good for the ambushing hunter who has forgotten to pack his wool under layers  :(   :rolleyes:     )
For a couple of weeks now I was remembering the smells, the colors, the sounds  and the chill in the air: the hunting season was near.
 But the season had not started yet. It had not until Ken dropped me off at my spot, watching the trees starting to take shape against the sky, listening to the owl hoot and the coyote yelp close by. It hit me so strong I took out my camera and tried hard to steady it on my knee so I could get a half- clear picture in the darkness.
For those who are so lucky to have experienced it no blurry pictures or words are needed... This is My picture of it:

The Dawn of Another Hunting Season
Thank you Ken for putting this together. It was like a festive launch of the hunting season. I know I can’t chase whitetails where I live, not for another two weeks, but that doesn’t change the way I feel. Others have said it before: hunting doesn’t have to end with meat on the table (though I don’t mind it when it does.) Hunting is a way of being attuned to the surroundings. Because of your offer my hunting season is two weeks longer (and the DEC can do nothing about it   :readit:      :p   )

To be continued....

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
:wavey:   Good morning Ed!      :p        :rolleyes:    You beat me to it.     :thumbsup:    Great pictures. I can't believe it: you did catch one just leaving the bow!
I was sooo tired last night. You made it home OK? It was great riding with you.
Thank you again my friend,

Aram

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »
A pic of the knive Drew made that I will be carrying with me this season.
Put some air under it.

Offline Aram

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2006, 01:32:00 PM »
... continued
We spent the midday shooting arrows and opening gifts     :confused:    If Ken was going to have Xmas early, Drew was Santa Claus.  You should see what he brought... not a sac but a truck full..      :eek:   : staves, treestands, ladders, knives, books, arrows, etc... Drew, I am blown away, humbled,     :thumbsup:    
In the evening, after a few more cold, wet hours in the woods (the hunter’s lot ) Ken’s mother was the star.
You know that feeling: coming from the cold, dark, drizzly wet outdoors into a hospitable, bright home, sitting down to a  warm delicious meal?         :thumbsup:    
Here she is with Drew, Ken, and Ed:

As we left, her last worry was whether we knew our way back to her house, should we ever want to come hunt again.... Speechless again!     :notworthy:    
Ken do thank your mom again for me... It was a grand finale to an awesome day.
Aram

Offline Adirondackman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2006, 02:38:00 PM »
Ken - Thanks for the invite for the Dacks hunt. I really enjoyed meeting ED, Aram, Drew and yourself. Great bunch of guys to share the woods with. Drew, thanks for all the archery items that you gave us. I hope to share the Colorado Rocky Mountains with you guys next september. The Elk are waiting to meet you. Ken - don't feel too bad about the miss - I think that most of us have been there. I know I have.  
take care and thanks again - John
"at some point technology becomes not an aid but a substitute for sportsmanship" - Aldo Leopold

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »
allthough we didnt make meat a great time was had by all and you would be hard pressed to find a better grouy of guys to hunt with. as Ed said you should see all the great stuff Drew brought to donate to the fellow Tradgng members who are hunting with me this year, unreal!!! thanks Drew!!! Ed also gave me  unbelievable arrows that i will put to good use. i have to add a picture of Aram's bark quiver that his wife made him, ya got to see it to believe it, here is a pic.

also a pic of Ed, Arm & Drew shooting.

John wsa also a great guy to hunt with and i hope to make a trip elk hunting with him in the future, thanks for the invite John!!! still hard to believe i miss4ed that doe at 10 yards and i think thats auctually adding a few yards! was awesome to watch her walk down the ridge just as i had hoped she would. as she got to my shooting lane i bleated with my mouth to stop her. she stopped broadside and i sent an arrow just over her back! was a awesome experiance none the less. i will post more latter, feeling very under the weather right now.
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline jcsnapshot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2006, 08:16:00 PM »
Stories like this are gonna make for a long week at work. Sounds like its gonna be another great weekend   :)  

No need for a tree stand for me bud. If God meant for me to be in a tree, he would blessed me with three toes, and feathers    :D  

Can't wait til next weekend, looks like a beautiful hunting spot.  Thanks for the stories and pics guys.

Shoot Straight>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jim

Offline Ken999

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2006, 09:59:00 PM »
Good stuff fellas...I was thinkin about ya all weekend, wondering how you were making out...did anyone venture out into todays quagmire?...

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2006, 10:31:00 PM »
Oh Yeah Jim!!!!! We are gonna have a GREAT TIME!!!!!

By the looks of the pictures it looks like everyone enjoyed themselves!!!!! I'm getting everything ready,and I went to the store and bought my hunting license today. (I know,I know, nothing like waiting till the last minute LOL) I've got my bow and arrows,My broadheads are sharp,I've got some Judo points for stumpin'(and TREE RATS)

Ken,I'll PM you my cell phone number and we can work out the details for this coming "attack".  :thumbsup:
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©