INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kwyk Styk...Takes a Lickin' and a "Ticker" Too...story,video,and pix added..  (Read 5951 times)

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome videos Curt. I still rememebr the one you posted of cade and the deer where he was almost stepping on it and couldn't find it. That was so much fun to watch.

Great pic of you , your dad and your son. Does it get any better than that? I remember pics of me and my dad and son Brian like that. Dad's gone now, and Brians all grown up, he turns 28 in January (but thankfully still bowhunts with me). Appreciate it while you can Curt!

Congrats on the buck, he does have a bruiser body on him, and glad your bow wasn't hurt too badly.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Meathook

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats on a nice buck Curt.  That is a different rack that right side almost looks twisted at the bottom.
"Go ahead and run ya gotta sleep sometime." - Meathook's Mom

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
That is way too cool Curt!  Great video of Cade on the blood trail, that is precious!  I'm more excited for you for having Cade in on the bloodtrail than I am over the actual kill, having your Dad along also is icing on the cake.

Good job on the deer too, and I'm glad the KS is ok.

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
...He's got some cool antlers,"character" I guess...he's a 4x2.....

...Snuffers are just plain awesome!!!  Multi blade vs. 2 blade...no contest!!!  near lung and heart....

..this pic doesn't even show how profuse this bloodtrail was....it was blowing out both sides and was 10ft wide in some spots......

The drag out was just plain hell for dad and I...all up a steep hill....Dads' estimate on weight was right on the money.....we hung it on my scale.....#170 on the nose...though I've killed them heavier in other states, he's actually my biggest bodied,heaviest N.Y. deer.
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
Nice ! That deer is a tank ! Great vids . Took my boy to track my buck too. Love the three generations getting together. Wish my dad still hunted. Congratulations! Hope the bow gets fixed.

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
wow Guru, nice story and great buck. Love to see you starting the kids early. I took one of my daughters with me when she was just a little older.

I'd be real interested to know what that buck ages out at. With that roman nose I'd guess 4 1/2.
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline Bowspirit

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt...you're blessed man. And looking at that son and father of yours, I don't just mean that big buck of yours...
“I read somewhere of how important it is in life, not necessarily to be strong, but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once.”
                -Alexander Supertramp

"Shoot this for me."
                -Chuck Nelson

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks guys.....I am truly a blessed man

bbassi, I'll let ya know....That's one of the signs that really gave his maturity away before I shot him.....the roman nose.....

I couldn't be happier...mom cooked up some tenderloins tonight....we all enjoyed a great meal(Cade loved it).....today was very special
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline JBell

• Trad Bowhunter
Great story! Great pics and videos also. I have been taking my kids out with me and it has been a blast. Seeing family together in those pics gives me a chesire grin  :bigsmyl:
If you want to be happy for the rest of your life never make a pretty woman your wife.

Offline Flatstick

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Guru! Cool pics too   :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
"Good Luck" & "Shoot Straight!"

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
big congrats curt from me and dad, how u managed to do that much damage to your bow and that deer on the same shot is beyond me. Great story videos and pictures, couldnt be happier for you.

Offline Rich LaBombard

• Trad Bowhunter
Great pictures and video.  It's like we were there!
Nice job!!

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
Great job Curt,

Wish I was closer so Cade and Colton could get to know each other. Colton loves the out doors too.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Offline cjones

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Bro!  :notworthy:  Those clips are just plain awesome. I love them snuffers! Glad the bow is ok.
Chad Jones

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Tdog

• Trad Bowhunter
Very cool... Great Pix..You are Blessed... Good for you..That could bring tears to your eyes..

Offline Stalker58

• Trad Bowhunter
Congradulations Curt!
Nice job with Cade,way to get'em started.

Offline Stickbow98

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Way to go, Curt!   :thumbsup:   That buck's definetly got some age on him...his rack could be showing the sign's of of him on his downslide. A real trophy in any one's book!  

Congrats to you and Cade both for a job well done!!    :clapper:

>>--Ron--<>
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline bjk

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Curt!  He's a pig, man.

Offline swampbuck

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrads Curt!!
Shoot straight and have FUN!!

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats Curt!  It really doesn't get much better than that!!
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©