INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Kwyk Styk...Takes a Lickin' and a "Ticker" Too...story,video,and pix added..  (Read 5948 times)

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt,

Great Shoot.  Enjoyed the story.    :clapper:  

Jeff
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Tim Kosteczko

• Trad Bowhunter
lol. im sre you are rite the arrow must have cleared and after that you were just seeing everything in slow motion,anyway congrats again on another awesome deer and experience for you, thanks for sharing.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
"Priceless Memories".....You're right about that bud!

JC, I'm from the school of hard knocks,probably just to the point now that I might have made about every mistake out there! So sometime things go my way.....

Though I will say that the only reason I had the opportunity to kill this buck(and a lot of others) is that I'm not afraid to call and "work" deer. I find myself more and more setting up in an "area",not over specific trails. I then have the confidence that can get a critter close,by working him by either voice calling(killer for close range),commercial calls,or rattling antlers.

This buck about wore me out while waiting for the shot.Ya know when you're trying to be so still(he looked up at me several times),for a long period of time,that thing start hurting,things get cold.But, ya just hang in there and beat him at his own game.......very rewarding!!

Thanks again guys........
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Very special times!!  :wavey:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Big Dave

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats.  :thumbsup:    :clapper:    :biglaugh:
Live today like you'll meet God tommorow (you might)

Offline Ted Fry

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great story , great family photos , What a beauty of a buck

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Charlie,Dave,and Ted...Thank you

I caped and aged yesterday.....Believe it or not....he was "only" 2 1/2 yrs. old...no doubt.I have never seen or worked on a deer from around here that was 2 1/2,that had his body size.I was quite suprized when I got a look at his teeth.

I'm sure proud of my boy,he did great on the trail,and dad,who at 66 is still a bull and hung right in there...the drag was brutal!

I'll treasure this day forever..........
Curt } >>--->   

Offline 3dmuzzy

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Curt,Great story and another nice buck,that thing is a " HOG " Nice that you take your boy out to blood trail it great stuff  :thumbsup:
Put some air under it.

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Ed......Enjoyed your tale too...
Curt } >>--->   

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©