INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: virginia skwerl hunt!  (Read 21464 times)

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: virginia skwerl hunt!
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »
NC, remind your friend that now the license will be good for one year from purchase so he will be able to hunt this season and next in VA.  May be just enough incentive to get him to bite.  

I've got 30 acres of firewood I had thinned this past spring, I just won't be home before dark to be able to cut any of it.  I have some chestnut already cut that I'll bring.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2007, 09:19:00 AM »
Killy, you've got a plethora of arrows?  You keep them in your quiverarrium?  Have fun doing the archerification thing and keep an eye peeled for the hyperboles -- I hear they're bad this year!    :D    :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #202 on: January 18, 2007, 10:23:00 AM »
That's what I like about Killy. I can only understand half of what she says. Which means I only get half the inssaults too??? The rest just flies on away....unnoticed by me....Ignorance is bliss some times.....   :thumbsup:
Fatherhood is the greatest adventure a man can ever take.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #203 on: January 18, 2007, 10:00:00 PM »
I'm with you, Splutter. Why should we worry about hyperboles? They's just real big treetrunks, right? Now, a hypervole , I'd worry about THAT rat!

Killdeer  :biglaugh:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2007, 12:53:00 AM »
Cerial bowl,Cinnoman roll what???? You's makin me hungry.... Just made some nutter/flu-flus to night fur the hunt. .... But I found a watchmaycallit at Home Depote for the tip instead of a nutt. It's got 4 big ol' prongs stick out of it.... I'ms callin my new invention The Hurter. What ever I hit with 'em ain't going to be to happy bought it's shituation none.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #205 on: January 19, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »
Nice use of the language, Spatter. Are you saying that the squirrel will need to change its drawers?

Killdeer  :confused:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #206 on: January 19, 2007, 07:37:00 AM »
Ooops??? Had to read my own post to figure out what ya was talkin bout. Anybody coming up today??? Might go up for a few hours after my chores is done round here if'n you are.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #207 on: January 19, 2007, 08:00:00 AM »
I am gonna go bake pies. We will be coming down today, but have to look for a nearby motel that takes dogs...yeah, I look THAT bad. You know of a place?

Hoping to stop by the VDGIF also while we are in the neighborhood.

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #208 on: January 19, 2007, 08:23:00 AM »
Lady Kathy, You ain't that hard on da eyes at all.....Now kindly go and fix one of your tasty pies fur me please. Ain't nothin on this here internet you ain't seen for. Now what flavors yans planninon fixin?? I like cherry, strawberry, blueberry.... Really any berry.... Come ta think on it ain't never met a pie I ain't liked.

Offline knife river

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #209 on: January 19, 2007, 08:47:00 AM »
Originally posted by Killdeer:
I am gonna go bake pies. We will be coming down today, but have to look for a nearby motel that takes dogs...yeah, I look THAT bad. You know of a place?

Hoping to stop by the VDGIF also while we are in the neighborhood.

Killdeer
Killy, I'm kinda-maybe-sorta on your way down...  If those pies take up too much room in your truck you could drop off one or two here...  Joe would happily share a big slice of his birthday cake.    :wavey:
TGMM Family of the Bow

"Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
  Martin Luther King, Jr.

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #210 on: January 19, 2007, 08:56:00 AM »
I made a couple of flu-flus last night.  I'm experimenting with the different designs.  I made a 3-fletch 5" full feather but that one still went about 100 yards.  I made one of the twist type and those are a pain to make and it doesn't look like it will provide enough air brakes.  I also made a 5-fletch 5" full feather but haven't tested it yet.  Going to try to whip up a few more tonight before I turn in early.

Are there picnic shelters there? or is anyone bringing a folding table for setting up the goodies on and cooking?  I'm leaving my truck at home so I can't bring one.  But I've got a load of firewood in my trunk, and a small limb of "yeller" wood in case anyone was interested in it.  I'm going to be bringing some smoked salmon and some homemade deer jerky.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #211 on: January 19, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Woody, I wish Birthday Joe were going with me! I bought a bigger truck just so I could fit bigger pies in it...I even have room for a little boy about what..nine years old? If he wants to "bole", we can accommodate him. If he wants to  bowl , then we can find some round rocks and stand up some kindling for him.

:banghead:  SPLURTER!!!  READ WHAT I WRITE!!  :banghead:  
 "..but have to look for a nearby motel that takes dogs...yeah, I look THAT bad. You know of a place?"

Lotta help YOU are.  "[dntthnk]"  
Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #212 on: January 19, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »
Looking forward to meeting you, Chuck. If you bring your truck, it comes with a built-in table at the back...
I have a small folding table that I can bring. It is VERY small. And of course, my truck has a built-in table at the back.  :bigsmyl:  

And thanks for the wood!
Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline String Cutter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #213 on: January 19, 2007, 09:08:00 AM »
http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/hotel/10013444-11333135M.html?ses=4b46226984a33644e7df8fc3a7435fc867801ps
Hope this helps. It's the best I could find. Ain't many places near there and even fewer that takes dogs. I couldn't find any....?????? Unless you pretend it's your seein eyeball dog... Caurse you can't let 'em see ya drive up...But If'n they see the dog doin it ... you're in like flin.

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #214 on: January 21, 2007, 02:08:00 PM »
Well?  So how did it go?

I hope everyone made it home safe and hope you had a great time while you were there.  Any squirrels in the bag?  Any pictures to show and stories to tell?

I was a lurker on this thread because I knew I couldn't go, but now I'm at home watchin' the ice fall and wait for the good word....
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #215 on: January 21, 2007, 02:25:00 PM »
I was hoping that, since everybody went home yesterday, (except Clark and me) that the stories and pics would be up here already. Do I have to start everything? Do I have to outline the story line and post all the pics? I KNOW that there were far more pics taken by others, (AND VIDEO Mr. Bingle,) but NOOooooooo. Everybody waits for ol' Killdeer to do it all.   :rolleyes:    Shall I begin with the shot I got of SlingClutter fetching something from the ground...the one I shot from the rear? Now THAT'S a frame-filler!   :scared:  

Killdeer

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Forester

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #216 on: January 21, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »
I know I asked for it but that might be too much to start with....don't punish me just because I wasn't there.

Any left-over pie?...and when did you move out of Possum Squat?  Tell Throckmorton Hello for me.....
"A conservationist is one who is humbly aware that with each stroke of his axe he is writing his signature on the face of his land." - Aldo Leopold -

Offline nc recurveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #217 on: January 21, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
made it home alright last night, pulled in at 8:30. Really enjoyed meeting everyone, had a ball stumping w/ big ron,uk, va bowbender, talon dale and string cutter. Big ron and va bowbender are tuff to shoot with them boys will make you feel bad fast!! loved watching uk's flu-flu's as I am easly amused. I think everyone had a great time I Know I did! thanks to all for the food and fun!
"You can't make chicken salad outta chicken sh.........Poo"

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #218 on: January 21, 2007, 03:39:00 PM »
Oh thanks, Cleve! What am I, chopped liver?

Yup, Forester, there is about 1 pie's worth of leftovers. People seemed to prefer the Pokeberry Pie over the others.  :bigsmyl:  

Killdeer  :biglaugh:

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #219 on: January 21, 2007, 03:59:00 PM »
Well, I only managed 1 picture in all of the excitement and it was shortly after sunrise.

I had a one hell of a good time in spite of the COLD and WIND. I never saw a squirrel but heard a few when a redtailed hawk made his presence known. I don't think he got a squirrel either    :readit:        :saywhat:    
Killdeer provided the desert and them pies were Top Shelf. It was hard to get a slice with StringCutter in the way but we all managed fair.LOL
 I'll second what Cleve said about Rob ( VaBowbender ) being a damn good shot. It was my pleasure to meet everyone    :knothead:    
  There should be some pretty good pics from the rest that went. Hope to see em soon.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©