INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "SWEAT" UPDATES  (Read 15194 times)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "SWEAT" UPDATES
« Reply #120 on: March 15, 2007, 06:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by Golden Hawk:
I can't speak for the rest of you. But I can't wait for the first group to get home and get the story tellin started. Even if it does take two weeks to tell about one stalk!!!!
I agree completely but I wish you wouldnt have given them the 2 week for one stalk idea..lol...  :campfire:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2007, 06:09:00 PM »
Seems I gave Vance & Walt a wakeup call this morning. There was a lot of growling going on at 8:00 AM! Maybe it was just our cell phones making that noise! They where anxiously awaiting group one, back to the real world. I spoke again with Vance this afternoon. They have been fighting with his computer air card all day. Hench they have not been able to send any further pictures or wisdom!   :readit:    I'm sure you will have group one giving up there stories tomorrow. Group 2 is ready for take off, on this next adventure. More stories to follow!

Brent

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
:readit:

WE ARE READY   :jumper:    :jumper:

Miss Kim...Thanks for sharing, He Felt GOODLY.....vance
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2007, 07:58:00 PM »
Sorry Budog! I got carried away!
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
LOL..it's ok golden hawk I understand I am going through the same excitement as long as they dont take your advice and make the stalk stories take two weeks we'll be alright...hahaha

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2007, 09:17:00 PM »
Well thank you Vance, but the pleasure was all mine......I can't wait to shake your hand...it'll happen...and it won't be soon enough!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #126 on: March 15, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »
Vance I'll save some snow for you. 89 and you're going to be wishing for some. lol
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2007, 12:12:00 AM »
Just rolled in the door and had to check this before hitting the bed.  
The hunting was great, the freindships even better.  Stories are soon to start flowing, and my guess is they won't end for awhile.
Vance and Walt, really enjoyed lunch today -  One of the highlights of the trip!  
The advance party is done, now you fellas go clean em' up!  Have a great time  :thumbsup:    :campfire:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
Good to see you again Vance......and nice to meet you Walt.

Best of luck to you guy in group two.......we'll keep the fire stoked, and look forward to you all adding a few logs to the fire on your return.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline kctreeman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2007, 03:35:00 AM »
Thanks for a great trip guys.  Mel, Dave and I made it back to KC this morning at 3:30am.  Only 18.5 hours of driving by Dave "Full Throttle" Stinson.  That guy is something else.  I'm heading to bed and he is heading off to Canada.  Only anoth 13 hours or so.

I sure enjoyed meeting you guys and sharing a camp.   Looking forward to our next adventure.

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #130 on: March 16, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »
Got to Boston around midnight but had to wait for my bags on a later plane...wasn't going to have airlines deliver cause of my Frozen Goat Meat was in my duffle  :)

Vance & Walt,  Great to finally meet you guys and thanks for all the extra knife handle material.  

Now the shock...12-18" of snow predicted for this afternoon!  CK are here any extra spots in G-2  :)   G-2 ya'll are in for a Blast.  Well I'm going to go get some ice packs for my knees before I start down loading pictures...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline sticshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #131 on: March 16, 2007, 07:54:00 AM »
PICS???????? C'mon guys wheres all the pics?<><
The Church of God is an anvil that has worn out many hammers.

"Walk softly..and carry a sharp   Stic."
TGMM

Offline the Ferret

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #132 on: March 16, 2007, 07:59:00 AM »
Gee..thanks Walt, that was an awfully nice thing to say. Like Curt, I'm just looking forward to the day when the rest of us can get together and grab paws.
There is always someone that knows more than you, and someone that knows less than you, so you can always learn and you can always teach

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #133 on: March 16, 2007, 09:52:00 AM »
Guys.....if you would....please keep this thread open for posts of up-dates from group 2...and those of you in group 1 post your stories on the 'Tales of Tx Sweat' thread.  

It will be much less confusing that way by keeping all the stories from the hunters on one thread........and be much better if we only have one thread to archive that will contain all the stories and pics.

Thanks.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #134 on: March 16, 2007, 10:17:00 AM »
BigRon and I are sitting in the Richmond airport waiting to leave for Tejas. Believe it or not, they let us carry on our bows, got a strange look when they inspected them, but let um through. Vance, save us some Tecates!!! We're on the way........l
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #135 on: March 16, 2007, 11:28:00 AM »
And the worst things can happen, Greg Ketchum tradsmen4 is snowed in and can't escape MAINE!  :readit:  I sent you moral encouragement in a e-mail Greg. Make your escape we have been waiting way to long for this trip!  :campfire:  

Brent

Offline Tradesmen4

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #136 on: March 16, 2007, 12:59:00 PM »
I would have made a go of it ,but they couldn't give me aflight within the weekend to get there. Have a safe trip. Greg
greg ketchum

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #137 on: March 16, 2007, 01:43:00 PM »
This be vance here again....Has cooled down a bit today 67 +/- a few deg. See that the weather claimed a Sweater, sorry to hear that Greg. Don't weaken we'll do our best ta have a good time for you.

Robtatoo has joined the lineup of highly charged Archers awaiting the 9:00 AM Launch of G2, Caddo is due in any moment, then we can do LUNCH.

Walt and I headed over to Uvaldy to get some Pig Sticks and Jerkey early, only to return to having lost the block of rooms we had. Finally got that back to where it was when we left  :banghead:    :banghead:

Spendin lots and lots of energy PACEIN and walkin Wally's World.

Updates still to follow............vance
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Tique

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #138 on: March 16, 2007, 03:52:00 PM »
Hey guys, finally made it home. Due to flight delays out of SAT I had to spend the night in Chicago and catch a flight home today. Met and hunted with a great group of guys and met 2 more at the Best Western on the way out. Got a short story to tell in the next day or two; I'll put it on the story thread. Good luck to all the guys in G2!!!
Untested ideas are not facts.

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #139 on: March 16, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
Well, I'm snowed in and can't seem to make it out of CT!!  I went straight from my wife's ultrasound this morning (definitely a bow BTW) to the airport to try to catch an earlier flight -cancelled.  My flight was first delayed, then cancelled.  I no sooner signed up for standby on another - cancelled.  The soonest they could get me to the ranch was Monday night!

I'm looking into taking a train as far south as I need to and then pick up a flight, but things are looking bleak.
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©