INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "SWEAT" UPDATES  (Read 15195 times)

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "SWEAT" UPDATES
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2007, 08:26:00 AM »
Vance,

I drives faster than that!

MEL,

Truck is packed and I'm outa the office by noon today. I will catch of few hours of shut eye this evening and be on the road at 0300. See you Wed evening.

Sure lookin forward to spendin time with all these guys and some warmer weather. It's -5F here this morning!! Sweat Hunt 3# for me, here I come!!!
hunt it

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2007, 09:30:00 AM »
Dave & Mel.....You fellas be safe.

Don't try and THAW OUT to quickly ya might crack  :wavey:  

Take no PRISONERS....Expect NO MERCY  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline Arrowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2007, 10:20:00 AM »
Good luck guys.  I am looking forward to the stories.  :thumbsup:
Keep It Simple

Jeff Kitchens

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2007, 08:52:00 PM »
Man I wish my wife had not just had surgery. I would love to be in on this. Oh well maybe next year. All you guys have lots of fun and lets hear those stories.   :bigsmyl:      :campfire:      :biglaugh:      :jumper:
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline rabbitman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2007, 09:11:00 PM »
We expect pics and food reports from you Vance.   :readit:   and leave your treestands at home...it's all ground hunting in Laredo.   :thumbsup:

Offline tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2007, 10:20:00 PM »
One more day of clinics, gear all over the house...wife's in SC so I can be messy & get away with it  :)   One duffle bag full of knives...maybe too much!  How do I squeeze everything into one bag?  It's that pre-TXS adrenalin flowing.  Like waitin' for Santa to show...Ah but that happens on the second hunt when Vance arrives.  Travel safe ya'll & I'll see ya on the bench at Walmart...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2007, 11:04:00 PM »
WOW Dick now that is GREAT news   :scared:    Do you have any idea what a mess a "SWEATER" can make in a month of gatherin gear?? Wonder if WY has a "After Disaster"

Finally just gave up and poured everything in one big pile in the Great Room! Gonna have Walt hep me sort it all out   :banghead:      :banghead:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
How ya holdin up Rob or should I ask hows the WIFE holdin up under all your stress  :eek:    :scared:  

Hang in there Bud your gettin shorter  :readit:

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2007, 01:53:00 AM »
Vance, I haven’t’ even started to pack yet, it usually only takes twenty minutes for my local hunts and thirty for extended ones.  Besides, if anything is forgotten I am betting you will have an extra one in your truck.

Well, it appears the mountain lion season is coming to a close here in Montana, we took another one this past weekend  :thumbsup:  (the guy used a pistol so no pictures, here  :cool: ), the temperature is getting above fifty during the day, the snow is melting, so I am starting to get excited  about my trip south with Santa next week.  Besides, there are  bobcats and mountain lions in Texas and the way my hunting has been going lately, I just might get lucky.  Figured I had better take advantage of the warm weather and condition my body for the extreme heat down south so I went snowshoe hunting.  Didn’t see any but had a good time hiking the hills and stump shooting, if my shooting is as good on live animals as it was today on stumps there will be some nice, short, red trails to follow.  Folks, I am getting ready to thaw out and climb a couple of those bumps you call hills, the count down is on! :D
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2007, 07:20:00 AM »
One last check-in and I'm gone. I got home from Laredo two nights ago. Awoke to go check hunters on several ranches since I made it home early. I lost the front wheel assembly(wheel bearings) on the F-250. The repair shop put me one day behind schedule as I was scheduled to leave yesterday. Well, $230 later and I have a new rear u-joint and a viberation that is still in the wheel assembly. LOL! Parts on order and should arrive today sometime. Of course this is $550 additional and yet another day later on the schedule. Borrowed vehicles to do last minute running, shopping, etc., yesterday. Cell phone towers were down all day and made things even harder to get done. Still haven't made it to check on hunters. I did mangge to get a few things packed but with the truck going into the shop, there is nowhere to put the items that are packed and ready. I sincerely hope this is not a sign of things to come. I can't take much more stress!!!!!

Lamb did show up last night and is his general "non-stressed" self. He keeps saying it's going to be ok but if the truck issues take any longer, I'll be arriving a day late to "Sweat". Not that I won't already be sweating!!!!!! Hope I remember to pack a bow after all this crap! See you guys when we return aroung the 22 or 23 of March. Long live The Texas Sweat! CK

Offline Doug Campbell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
Dang I'd sure like to be down there sweating with you guys but guess I'll just go suffer in Hawaii instead  ;)

Have fun and be safe y'all!
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2007, 07:21:00 PM »
I just got word from the Lewis & Clark advance party as they S L O W L Y inch their way towards the Pecos El Rancho  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

G1  **Remember*** ICE-----------WATER---------------and--------------Towels

Offline txcookie

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »
Thats what I miss about the south.Hunting year around for BIG game. Iowa Has big deer but after that you gotta wait.  TX has deer season then hogs and Javies all year long and theres plenty of them.   Good luck guys
Is it deer season yet?

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2007, 07:48:00 PM »
Man, I wish we had hogs here. I'm not much of a traveler anymore what with home obligations, house payments, truck payments, kids expenses, work, not to mention my vacation time being taken up with what tags I can get here. Next year though, I'm going!   :pray:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2007, 08:02:00 PM »
Shucks Barney them things will ALL be there when ya get back. Plan on it Next year ya can ride down with us.

Offline Barney

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2007, 08:05:00 PM »
I just might do that, Sir.   :thumbsup:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2007, 09:35:00 PM »
*******ALLERGIES*******

Curtis and Charlie  TOLD  me to remind everyone that the Spring Bloom is happening at the ranch and chances for Allergie ACTION is VERY HIGH !

So if you have allergies and take Meds. be SURE that you bring them

If your not sure if you have pollen Allergies pick up some Benidril (sp)

It sounds to me like it's taking a toll on the Lam"O", he's bad stuffed up NOW

Offline 9 Mile Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2007, 09:52:00 PM »
Man oh man they are gonna have a great time.  I gotta try to make it next year. Vance we could use new DC knives and i think the Javies would come a running just to touch them.  :campfire:
Andrew

Offline Budog56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »
Just got back from SEMO Hog Hunt and has me craving more hopefully this thread will help till turkey season at least.. :campfire:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: March 09, 2007, 12:14:00 AM »
I'm just Bettin that somewhere in Trad Gang vill tonight, there are some who are enduring a SLEEPLESS NIGHT  :banghead:    :banghead:  

Isn't that what these Communal Hunts are all about....Excitement......Anticipation and the gettin READY. Then when ya do get there it's ALL bout the fellowship around the fire and in the field...spending time with FRIENDS old and New. Oddly that time seems to pass way quicker than the night before the departure.

This time tomorrow evening old fires will be FLAMING as G1 assembles to partake in the MEAL that will kick "SWEAT 07" off. Prayers to all you fellows as you travel and for your families in you absence. "TAKE NO PRISONERS".........HAVE A BALL

We'll see ya on the 15th

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©