INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: "SWEAT" UPDATES  (Read 15191 times)

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: "SWEAT" UPDATES
« Reply #40 on: March 09, 2007, 06:14:00 AM »
Amen Vance...amen.....
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline Missouri CK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 09, 2007, 07:55:00 AM »
I sure am going to miss the heartburn that I've experienced on the sweat hunts from the great mexican cooking!

Best of luck to all the hunters involved with the sweat.  Curtis will undoubtably pull another rabbit out of the hat and put a wonderful hunt together.

I can't wait to see the pictures.

My wife is expecting in May so it wasn't in the cards for me to go this year.  

Curt,  have you been able to work out any insider information sources this year?

Chris
Life ain't a dress rehearsal.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2007, 06:57:00 PM »
Look out TEXAS....Group #1 has landed and is on the road to Del Rio for FOOD and TECATESSSSSS.  :banghead:    :banghead:  
 That's strait from the LEADERS cell Phone

Offline tradtusker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2007, 12:03:00 AM »
wish you all good luck and have a great time! and also a big shout for Rob peel, i can't wait to hear how you get on! he's a great guy!
There is more to the Hunt.. then the Horns

**TGMM Family of the Bow**

Andy Ivy

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2007, 06:15:00 AM »
Vance, keep the updates coming bud.....I guess I'm gonna have to update on the second hunt,cause you'll be too busy huntin'   :thumbsup:
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »
This endeavor may become quite a challenge.

After 6 phone calls, and 3 different SWEATERS calling I was able to find out that #1 They are headed back to the ranch, with everyone in tow. They are hoping to be in the hunt by 1:00 PM TST.
#2 They are seeing critters around camp and it is WARMMMMMMMM 70+.

Charlie said bring Bycycle's if I could  :scared:    :scared:  

All that I talked to said that, at best cell service was very BAD. There for updates may be less frequent than last year. All seem very pumped about the area chosen for this years Sweat plus the fact that it's "5 DAYS".
JC said that a LARGE Mexican dinner was enjoyed by all last evening in Del Rio (^*%#@* Guys)

Yep Curt Limber up the fingers....I'll be passin it off ta you on Tuesday......3 days and a wake up  :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:  
Better PM me a phone #

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2007, 01:18:00 PM »
I need a Tecate all of a sudden.  What a blast, sounds like.  One of these years hopefully.

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2007, 03:04:00 PM »
I expect that I can leave my Snow Shoes here at the house. Debating on whether a Woods 4 Star Down bag might be OVER KILL   :confused:  

I'm so new at this March hunting in warmth, I have to completely re-boot for this event. What will it be like to wake up to temps ABOVE 0   :help:    with highs above 35-40. I will endeavor to preserver.   :biglaugh:      :biglaugh:

Offline Jeremy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
I'm with you Vance!  Not sure how we'll manage hunting in 80 degrees in March and my bag is definitely overkill... thinking I'll run down to the mall to one of the stores the kids go to and pick up a pair of camo shorts!

Just a few more days...
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->
CT CE/FS Chief Instructor
"Death is not the greatest loss in life.  The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live." - Norman Cousins

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2007, 09:16:00 PM »
Yup there I was in the store looking at urban camo shorts just today. But I can't stop thinking about all the cactus   :scared:   Got my swim suit packed, gotta swim in the Pecos. Gets real hot I'm hunting out of the river! Wonder if they have any intertubes?   :bigsmyl:   Jeremy remind me I need a floaty at Wally world.   :biglaugh:  

Brent

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »
Well Gentealmen "ONE and a WAKE UP" fer Walt and I....Sorry but WE gotta GO.

I can't seem to raise G1 so Best Walt and I head down and check things out....They may be in need of FOOD TESTERS.

I don't think that I have forgotten a thing, I'll get the sink tomorrow evenin. Well be sleepin on the floor, Beds are already packed.

If ya think of anything else I need please clue me in  :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2007, 04:00:00 AM »
Wouldn't know where to start Vance  :D  I think I've pretty much packed everything but the ceiling  :bigsmyl:

Shorts are definately on the 'packed' list!
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2007, 06:42:00 AM »
Vance, You shorttimer you!! I gots 3 and a wake-up and can't hardly stand it. I'll give you a call when we land.

Rob, When are you leaving the UK?
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 07:18:00 AM »
Flying out at 08:30 on Thursday, but I've got a 6hr drive down to the airport. I'll be away from home on Wednesday mid-morning. Probably won't sleep until I'm on the plane now!

I've got soooo many thoughts/nerves/worries running through my head, at the moment, I can't stand it!  :eek:    :knothead:
"I came into this world, kicking, screaming & covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way"

PBS & TBT Member

Offline Bob Walker

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: March 12, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »
I just got off of the phone with Charlie at the ranch. He said that the guys were spotting lots of game, mostly of the goat and sheep variety. No javie or hogs yet. Terry and Tom already have sheep on the ground (yesterday, I believe)and several other hunters have had exciting stalks. They've been doing some bowfishing at nite and everyone seems to be enjoying their "tall tale" sessions around the campfire.
Philippians 4:13

TGMM - Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline robtattoo

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: March 12, 2007, 07:36:00 AM »
Sheesh!! Terry & Tom aren't messing around, are they! Good on 'em both!

PBS & TBT Member

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: March 12, 2007, 08:29:00 AM »
Great Bob glad their communicating with someone.
  :readit:  

Walt and I will be in Del Rio to meet up with them on their departure on the 15th. Most likely mull around there until someone bellers at us, to meet up with them.

GETTIN CLOSER TO OUR TURN.....SIRS...........

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: March 12, 2007, 09:11:00 AM »
Is it Time to Go Yet????  :bigsmyl:    :banghead:    This Waiting Sucks. LOL
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline Miss Kim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
Hey Guys,
I had to break down and call the emergency number to the camp....it was work related so it won't count against me!   :saywhat:  

JC said there is a lot of walking....Vance, I guess that is what the bikes would be for?????
He saw many sheep and a few deer. Went fly fishing and caught some bass.
That's all I know....I was told to check in after 7:00 in the evenings so I will help keep you guys posted on what I find out.

You guys be careful traveling. I know you are all very excited and I am sure the wives are ready for you to leave! You are all like boys at Christmas time...reminds me of Chase and Connor waiting for Santa......  :biglaugh:

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2007, 03:07:00 PM »
Sounds like they're doin' fine!
  :thumbsup:  
I wonder if/how much rain they got yesterday? We had a real floater up here last night and it came from that direction.

On a side note, ya'll probably don't want to forget the sun screen!    :cool:  

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©