INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pigs in the 'hood. . . A Trashwood / Wingnut adventure. 200+ .pig pics added pg4  (Read 10009 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is a tease.  Part of a text message recieved from Rusty this morning for the center of the action.  Cleaned up and edited for mixed audiences.  LOL

10:00

Rusty: I got big mama 15 yd in front of me she is #$%^ing huge.
Rusty: big mama black and white one
Rusty: had a dandy black Spanish bore with her
Rusty: about 8 or 9 kids of different size
Rusty: big mama is laying under a big blow down and all kid are around may try for a little tan 80#. . . .  wish you were here

You can hear the excitement in his typing.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Waiting for Rusty to get back from lunch.  He said he had some pics to share with us.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Dave Bulla

• Trad Bowhunter
Cool!
Dave

I've come to believe that the keys to shooting well for me are good form, trusting the bow to do all the work, and having the confidence in the bow and myself to remain motionless and relaxed at release until the arrow hits the mark.

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Sounds good!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline SHOOTO8S

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
You can always count on Rusty for entertainment!
2004 IBO World Champion

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is another taste:

Rusty: closed deal on 50# at 8 yds its was front quartering.  Hit him on shoulder point broke it. . . . dang here they come again...
Wingnut: dang wish I was there too
Mike Westvang

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike,

We needs to get Rusty a helmet cam!
hunt it

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
I am back, pig is in the smoker.  ya here me talk about the boggy bottoms.....we are going their today.  really tight stuff, hard to get around in, hard to get thru, and extremely hard to blood trail in.

I talk alot about aim and aiming schemes.  I gues ya thought thats was because I can't shoot instnictive.  Nope I can.  both arrows were shot instnictively at 16 yds at a piece of tape.  BH cut both pieces.  both risers are morrsion ILF riser.  bob's risers have a natural feel and pointing and pointing ability eqaul to any

bottom pic is how we call it the boggy bootom

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/boggybottoms

rusty....more

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yep a helmet cam would be good.  LOL

Might get a little seasick though.

He's uploading pics now

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
The boggy bottoms have a good supply of pig, some my size....some not my size.

Now just beause they are there don't mean it is easy to get a shot.  

the first pic is what the pigs real opinion about all this is.  we got some tracks that are getting freshing in the direction I'm going.  got a pic of the pig tunnels and what you are about to hunt in.

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/pigpresent

rusty more......

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Over the last two yrs I have been telling Wingnut about big mama.  she put me up a tree on time and I thought she was big then.  I saw her today and at first I thought someone had let cow out in the boggy bootms.  then I saw the boar and realized my girl is growing up....i mean growing up.  she had the boar with her and around 9 or 10 various sized pigs.  the boar had a lot of russian in him.  he was black, long snot but I really couldn't tell how big.  there was some young black russians too.  there was also two tan ones.  I deside to try to take the bigger tan one home.

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is Rusty live on text while this was happening:

Rusty: closed deal on 50# at 8 yds its was front quartering.  Hit him on shoulder point broke. . . . dang here they come again...
Wingnut: dang wish I was there too
Rusty: it was a different group,  young sow little piglets
Wingnut: how many down
Wingnut: you work tomorrow
Rusty: broke big bone in shoulder two ribs on one side, behind leg on off side two more ribs
Wingnut: what bow
Wingnut: what arrow
Rusty: hit aorta and pulmonary artery went 10 yd on other side
Wingnut: Connie says you should have called I could've gone
Rusty: 60 Morrison with Samick limbs
Rusty: never left spot of hit but was down fast
Rusty: didn't run
Wingnut: cool
Rusty: I thought big mama was a cow when I first saw her really @#$% she has grown even bigger

Did you notice I asked if he worked tomorrow?  We are going back out in the morning to see if we can find them again.  More fun to come.

I get to test the super sharp heads earlier then I thought.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
the sow is pretty old and pretty smart  :)  well maybe a little smarter than me anyway.

I still had the wind and no knew I was there.  she lead the sounder across the road and in a direction that I thought I knew where they were head.  there a 6 or 7 100yrs old pecans in the middle of the awfulest mess of privat and green briar that was in the direction they were going.  the pecans are native pecans.  little fellows but just tons of the.  I had seen the place before.  it is rooted up for 10 yds around each of the pecan trees.

I backed off and went down to a wash that would keep wind right an land me real close to where I thuught their day beds were.  sure enough ya can see the pic the blow down she was under.  I ended up less than 15 yds out and still had the wind.  she was hold up under the blow down....with her heart rigth in front of me.  it was tempting for 10 seconds......na I ain't gonna try to get her out of here.

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/pighome

rusty more

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
i called wingnut to see if he could hunt tomorrow.  it occured to me to back off and wait till wingnut could help.  I settled down a bit and started to try and back out.  oppps that dang tan young pig was coming my way.  easied my bow up.  he sees movement but it is on the ground on crawling so maybe it is......came to full draw. had a quarting to me shot but I had a 60# hot recuvre that would blow thru 3 his size.  i hit the should point,  heard the bone break and the arrow hit way back of him.  he was spinning around and fall.  not a gonna yet but it is gonna happen in seconds.

Big mama busted out the back end of her blow down.  didn't see the boar she may have ran him off when she bedded down.  nock anothe arrow quick.  sung on a little black hooking ti across infront of me but desided to let him grow up (as if if could hit a 50# at full run 15 yds out....well maybe).

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
wingnut and I are going out in the morning.  we will let ya know.  I did manage to get a quick shot of big mama's back in the brush. I can;t tell much about it not even which way see is standing.  was not looking thru view finder, was taking pictures quick draw.

rusty  the end till tomorrw- Craine

Offline Chris Surtees

• Trad Bowhunter
Sounds like a blast. Good luck in the morning.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
btw I used the Sarari Tuff quiver again.  this stuff was as thick as ya can get thru and still live.  nerver heard a peep out of the quiver and the arrows are so handy when crawling thru privet bushes.

have i mention that I hate green briar.  green  brair and fire ants have got to be a mistake of evolution  :)

here is the pic of big mama's back.  she is in a wash.  I cant figure out which way she is pointing are exactly what part ya see. her back is right behind the cruve in the road maybe 5 to 8 yd back.

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/blackand-white

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
sumpin just as inmportant as a good quiver that will stay out of the bush and keep your arrows real handy is KNEE PADS and a glove with the fingers cut off so ya can shoot your tab.  there are lots of stickers and green briar on the ground

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
just in case anyone wonders?????? about crawling thru pig tunnels and being up close and personal with big pigs.   yes I carry a 10mm glock with an extra clip.  never had to use it but have had it out twice.  I have the Texas CCL.  

so far every charge has been a faint.  had several stand offs with great nashing of teeth and grunting.

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
we went out this morning scouting some area.  It rained and rained and we bailed out before the jeep needed a snorkle.  Going back tomorrow morning to try out the sharp heads.  I hope.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©