INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pigs in the 'hood. . . A Trashwood / Wingnut adventure. 200+ .pig pics added pg4  (Read 10017 times)

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
What a blast, Rutsy I can understand everything you say   :rolleyes:    :bigsmyl:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
DAno,  

I edited the IM.  Heck most of the time I couldn't understand it til I read it 4 times.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline jdemoya

• Trad Bowhunter
Dano,

I am not sure I don't like the old Rusty better. True, most times we could not read much less understand what he was writing, but it was more fun to read his posts.

I figure it is what age does to all of us. We are dealing with a mature Rusty. 10 years ago you could see that he was hitting the keys faster than his brain could think. Lots of typos, but fun to read. I also loved his signature: Rusty -I am all thumbs- Crane or Rusty -full of yellow dust- Crane. There was always that quote that related to what he was talking about. Now and then the old self shows up. First page of this thread he signed something like this: Rusty -make a high hole and a low hole and cut the arota going through- Crane. Vintage Rusty! Typo and all!

On this T-giving week I thank the Lord for Rusty and all the enjoyment we all have had reading his posts and for making some of us "different".

God bless,

Jose - I like Rusty, period - De Moya

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Amen Jose!!

Mike I figured you edited most of that, nobody can type the way Rusty does on purpose.
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Well we went out to hunt this morning. Starting with the stretch of goat trail that I corned yesterday.  They had been there and cleaned up half of the corn.  Lots of tracks, some way too big.  After setting on the road for a while and nothing happening, we slipped down into the flats on the bottom and stole along at a snails pace.  Heck if we were going slower, we'd have been backing up.  Anyway a pig gives us his version of a deer snort and goes out the back door down to the water and out.  Dang it.  I wish I'd have taken a pic of where he was hole up.  Two deadfalls side by sidewith a bunch of stuff washed up in the last flashflood.  Pretty thick.

We worked up from there and heard a soft grunt ahead in the thick.  Both of us got pig small and started slipping along.  (I keep saying slipping along cause it is very slick down there in the mud and it sounds better then slogging along) Anyway we couldn't find the dang grunter.

On the way back we checked the trial that we'd hunted earlier and sure enough a large boar track went right past where we were set up.

Oh well, we are going to give it a try tomorrow afternoon.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
I can think of only one thing better than reading one of Rustys adventures. And that would be sharing one with him  :thumbsup:  Thats one on the wish list  :campfire:  

Brent

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
if ya want a real good time ya should ride along with me and wingnut on a really really muddy road.  one of those muddy roads that is like driving on black ice.  wingnut is not really a small guy   :)   but the jeep is a small vehicle.  I am driving (well kinda) the jeep is in a hockey slide going right for 3 foot deep rut that will be the end of the ride.  then catches a traction spot and squares up to start a skid the other way.  all the time wingnut is over there giving me one on one directions and using all 2??# of body english to get the jeep squared up.  First he lifts his left leg up and truns his body in the little bitty seat (not a little bitty body) to steer the jeep out of the sink hole only to switch legs and try to steer the jeep away from creek we are about to drop in skidding the other way.  I am laughing like a hyena watching him body drive, he is yelling driving instrction like an acutioneer.  gimme a left do i have no gas no no gas right gimme a right oooohhhhhhh sssssssshhhhhh.......no gimme..watch out  dang that was close

LOL

the hunt is only half the fun...the trip in is a... well, an experience.  I did notice that Wingnut kept a real good weather eye out. as soon as the rain started real good he said we are going now.  off he went in a dog trot to the mud colored jeep....as if he thought it would get slicker   :)  

rusty -just point the jeep and gas it- Craine

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
bow, arrows hunting stuff, rubber boots, two come alongs, 4 x 60' towing straps, 30' of chain...yep we are ready to go.

i gotta buy a winch or two or maybe a wench or two??????  I guess it all depends on if you are stuck in mud....are not  :)

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Yep and if ya think going frontwards is fun you should ride with Rusty going backwards . .. on purpose.  No mirrors. .just put her in reverse and pray.

I did find that I can stear the Jeep like a tobbagan from the passenger seat.  Rusty thinks I'm tieing my boots when we stop.  Heck I'm kissing mother earth.

LOL

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline bbassi

• Trad Bowhunter
LOL. This is great. BTT, we need more.  :D
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter

Oh my what a ride, with a great visual. I can see Wingnut body surfing now.

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
man i'm love'n it!   :jumper:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Wingnut had to take Connie to the airport today so he got to the lease a little late.  we had some house keeping chores to do so got out to the boggy bottoms late.  

Ooooo sooooouuuuyy.  We got them surrounded.  First off we saw the hog in this track......   :)       :)    sorry I didn't put down a tab for size comparison too muddy.  ya'll just have to trust me it was plumb grown up.  Got wingnut so pumped up he borrowed a bow and Safari Tuff quiver to go after him.

Bottom pic is of Wingnut gett'n pig small just before diving into the bush.  ya can see he ius on one of our better roads    :)  

Wingnutty never caught upto the dang hogs it is almost impossible to.  The thing ya gotta do is if ya have an idea where they are going, is back out, hook it down the road and then set up ahead of them.  we didn't have any idea which way these guys were going.  i think they were in transit.

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/pigsmall  

In ten yrs of hunting the boggy bottoms I have never seen so many large pigs.  there are some tracks being put down that are real big.  Ya know I think Wingnut has got some really big plastic pig feet that he goes down and tracks around to keep me busy    :)   the last pig Wingnut shot in the boggy bottoms was one we named Rojo Grande.  he was a dandy. maybe wingnut has still got a pic of him.  then at least ya can see what I mean by big pig

Going to put a trail cam late this evening and try to get ya some pics.

rusty

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Trashwood and Wingnut: The Tradgang version of Laurel and Hardy Go Huntin!

I got tears in my eyes!   :biglaugh:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Here is a pic of Roja Grande

He is the last one I shot at the lease.

Rusty has taken a bunch of pigs here.

The tracks we saw today are bigger then Rojo.

Looking forward to the encounter, but not the pack job.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
i got the trail cam set up??? I hope I got in aimed right, in the right mode, and at the right height.  Debbie desided she would like to go long.  We got to the spot and started in.  there was several foot step moving way from the area when we walked in......

-Rusty what is that????  did you hear those foot steps?

yes Dear that was pigs.  we scared them off.

-well they come back while we are here?

No Dear they really don't like to be that close.

-sniff sniff....sniff sniff rusty when did you shower last??? you stink!

no Dear that is the pigs stinking.  they leave their musky scent behind.

-oh sorry, it does kinda smell like you gym shoes but you never smell that badly.....most of the time.

hmmmmm maybe I'll shower tonight LOL  :)

rusty

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Now I see what you mean by "pig small", that photo helps clear it up.

Love the image of Wingnut doing his skate board maneuvers in the jeep.

Rusty has been harvesting 80-100 lbs pigs on a regular basis and reporting in as the BBQ heats up. He lets the big ones get BIG for his pals.

Great tale guys, keep it going and GOOD HUNTING!

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ah Rusty!!

Were the pigs in your jeep this afternoon?  Maybe tonight would be a good one for a shower.  You can use soap and everything.  Heck if you take it after midnight it'll count for December.

MIke
Mike Westvang

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
HA HA wingnut you and Debbie are such kidders....??? sniff sniff....ya'll are kidding right sniff mmmmmm????    :)  

rusty

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
the saga continues????

I went out this morning to get the trail cam pics.  I just really enjoy trail cams, seperate and above anything from hunting.  it is just neat to see what is going on in a world we are just get a peek at now and then.  the pigs had not found the feeder yet.  got 3 coons and a cottontail.  it won't be long till they find it and we got some pics.  while they had not found the feeder yet they were busy not 20yds south of it.

http://sites.google.com/site/stringwalkerbowhunter/pigfeeder  

rusty

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©