INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Pigs in the 'hood. . . A Trashwood / Wingnut adventure. 200+ .pig pics added pg4  (Read 10004 times)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Looks like word got out fast that the ol' geezer was leaving corn laying around.  I can't believe there were pigs there for four straight hours.

Now we just have to get the wind again to hunt it.

This front going through will be a bear.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline crossstickspro

• Trad Bowhunter
Man i gotta get back to east texas, all this pig huntin talks makin me all warm an fuzzy fellin.
Ill be outside of tyler the 19th of this month on some big groups caint wait

maybee some of this'll help
Larry
Crossstickspro, Not my name ... more of a goal

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Them spotted ones make "pickin a spot" a tiny bit easier..trick be to find a spot where you want a spot!  :)

Danged if that coon ain't a handsome representative too! Kinda  big'un like Big Momma for his breed!
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Cool, I could pick a spot on the one spotted little boar. Big Momma is BIG! Looks like plenty of pickin's for bacon in those younguns.

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Oh yeah!!  As soon as we shed the flu out here we will be going after some of them 80# piggies.

Looks like pork in the freezer to me.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks.  You guys are a hoot and bring a smile to my face every time.  In case some on here don't have a visual.  Wingnut on left, Rusty on right.

How could you not smile at that.  A couple of gen-u-wine Nuts   :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:  ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline Dano

• Trad Bowhunter
Now that's a pair to draw to!!!!   :biglaugh:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy" Red Green

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Great stuff!  

???? for you vet pig hunters.  decoys are used for almost everything we hunt, but I have yet to hear of anyone using a pig/hog decoy.    :rolleyes:  

Anyone tried it and if so what became of the experience?  

I'll be in Texas chasing swine in Feb. and thanks to Rusty and this thread I may just try an entirely different approach....
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Van - dangit.  Hollywood is gonna start calling me and wingnut again   :)  

Rob - I don't know anyone that is using a decoy for pig hunting.   I got to tell ya in general I think pigs are much smarter than anyother game I have hunted.  they learn so fast.  might be an idea to try but I think it will only work once   :)    of course if ya put that in the freezer then it would mean it would work again.

i don't hunt over corn.  it is just too furstrating.  ya can have 8 or 9 pigs around the feeder at one time.  they are in constant motion, pushing and shoving.  it is very difficult to get the "shot".  In tight stuff ya want to nail the sucker hard and at the right angle.  without a dog it can be very hard to find even a big pig if they go far.  to get that shot over a feeder ya end up letting several sounders walk before ya ever get the "shot"

it would much more productive to hunt the pig trail on the way to the feeder.  stop them with a grunt and have a quartering away shot.

it would be productive to hunt over a feeder with s Sig assult rifle.....but that is not what we are about.   :)    I always get a smile when someone protest hunting over a feeder for it is too easy and ethical reasons.  the just never tried it or it would not worry them   :)  

rusty

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Dang it Van!!  Didn't you get the check to destry that pic and the negative?  I'm looking good but Rusty is bringing down the quality some.  LOL

Looks like we are up to our . . . . in pigs.  Now we just have to figure how to get a shot.  It is thicker then you can imagine along that bottom.  Mostly privet, real hard to get the shot.

I had a nice boar at 12 yds the other day and all I could do was watch him walk away.  No hole for an arrow, heck there wasn't a hole for a bullet.  LOL

And if Rusty shows up with an assault rifle, I'm digging a foxhole.

LOL
\\
Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Marvin M.

• Trad Bowhunter
I'm with Doc Noc on this.  I'd take one of those P&Y raccoons if I had a chance.

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike, sounds like you and Rusty need my Stihl 036, go in there and chainsaw yourselves a few shootin lanes.
hunt it

Offline Talondale

• Trad Bowhunter
Originally posted by wingnut:
Here is a pic of Roja Grande

Mike
Anyone else notice a resemblance?  Great thread.  Lots of fun.

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
heee heee - Wingnut and Jason went out to the boggy bottoms about 3:30 to put a stand in.   They found a place they like.  I get a call on the phone.  it's Wingnut  :)

"Rusty - Jason and I are out here and we got pigs walking by the truck.", Wingnut says.

"Well shoot one or two of 'em", I told him

"Ah we weren't hunting just puting in a stand and didn't bring a bow", Wingnut says kinda sheepishly.

LOL

OK Write this down.....IF YOU ARE IN THE BOGGY BOTTOMS, YOU ARE PIG HUNTING.

Now that made me laugh out loud.  Over the 10 yrs I been hunting with Wingnut if he was ever anything it was prepared.....except this one time LOL.  Over the tne yrs I had to borrow tabs, strings, arrows, pillow, hunting clothes, towel from Wingnut. I can't even remember all the things I left behind...but never Wingnut he had his stuff together....Heeee Heeee

Wingnut said it was the sounder with the spotted young boar in it that Shaun wanted to shoot.  man he would have been a good 'em.

Oh well the good thing is there is always tomorrow.  Texas I luv u!

rusty -usually has bow, arrows and copenhange, may have forgotten the rest- Craine

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Now Rusty I do remember driving 76 miles round trip from an elk camp because you forgot the copenhagen.  So take that off of the list.

You forgot your sleeping bag once, your boots, etc.  So forgive me this one indiscresion (sp).

LOL

It was odd to just sit and watch the pigs feed along the goat trail 20 yds from the truck while we sat there with it running.  Jason even got out to pee once.

LOL

Going to hunt tomorrow night if the wind shifts.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline paleFace

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Rusty don't feel bad, I got a friend just like wingnut. jokingly one time while in hunting camp I made a reference to him always being prepared and having one of everything except the kitchen sink. he proceeded to go to his truck and dang if he didn't come back with a sink!  

you fellas need to write a book. y'all remind me of Maggie from Bowhunter Mag.    :biglaugh:
>~Rob~>

"Dad, I need to sit down I'm shaking to bad" my 12 year old son the first time he shot at a deer with his bow.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _  _

Offline Van/TX

• Trad Bowhunter
Mike,  I'm still waiting on the check.  Maybe it got lost in the mail.  Anyway I'm keeping the photo (that I took with my Kodak) unless the check is very, very substantial  :jumper: ...Van
Retired USAF (1966 - 1989)
Retired DoD Civilian (1989 - 2009)
And drawing Social Security!
I love this country ;-)

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Van,

After not taking a weapon any weapon with me tonight I guess I deserve the pic.  LOL

They were the dumbest pigs I've ever seen (or the smartest) I could have shot a couple with my bow easy.  That's my story and I'm sticking too it.

We'll see tomorrow night, I'm gillie'd up and sitting the stand at 3:30

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline trashwood

• Trad Bowhunter
Ah now ya see my strategy.  I just set there on my three legged stool with that really nice hat on in the picture.  The pigs look out of their hidy holes and think that is the dumbest human I have ever seen.  He just can't be much of a threat.......  :)   and he smells like corn.

OOOOOOOO soooooooouuuy here piggy piggy

rusty -look dumb and shoot straight- Craine

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Looking forward to more guys!!
  :thumbsup:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©