INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Jim Reynolds buck story added  (Read 5365 times)

Offline longbowben

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Jim Reynolds buck story added
« on: November 16, 2008, 10:38:00 PM »
Jim came and hunted with us for 4 days and killed this buck,but i will make him tell the story.  
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Offline vermonster13

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Jim Reynolds buck story added
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2008, 10:42:00 PM »
Nice buck! Congrats and looking forward to the story.
TGMM Family of the Bow
For hunting to have a future, we must invest ourselves in future hunters.

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2008, 11:02:00 PM »
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.  

Jim has donated so much to all the Michigan hunting organizations, he single handedly is responsible for millions of dollars to their coffers IMO.  

Looking forward to hearing the story.

Offline Kevin Bahr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 03:15:00 AM »
You got that right, Steve.  Jim is quite possibly the most generous traditional bowhunting contributor around.  Way to go, Jim. You deserve it!

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 04:19:00 AM »
:thumbsup:
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 07:11:00 AM »
Now that's what I call shot placement!  Beautiful buck Jim!  :readit:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 07:40:00 AM »
Man great job with a well placed arrow...Congrats ...God Bless, Keefers <")))><

Offline 3Under

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 08:42:00 AM »
Congrat's Jim! Nice buck.
Way to go!!   :thumbsup:      ;)
PBS,KTBA,HCB,UBK

...  When thru the forest glades I wander and hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees, when I look down from lofty mountain grandeur and hear the brook and feel the gentle breeze, ...How great Thou art!

Offline Shaun

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2008, 09:23:00 AM »
Way to go buddy! Nice deer! What are you shooting there? Is that one of your trad "D" longbows?

See you in Feb at the UBM again I hope.

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2008, 10:28:00 AM »
Jim,

That's a FINE buck!  Congratulations on putting all the things that had to happen together!!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2008, 11:53:00 AM »
Wouldya look at those brow tines! Wow! Congrats.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Online Steelhead

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2008, 11:59:00 AM »
Congrats Jim

Nice buck for a good man

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2008, 12:09:00 PM »
Way to go Jim.....I'm PUMPED for ya to say the least!!!!!!!!

:jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:    :jumper:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline 2-BIG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
Ol Jim rolled into our camp the evening after he shot his buck and he was on top of the world. He really deserved a beautiful buck and he sure got it. Thanks goes out to LongbowBen and Mike, Jim couldn't say enough about these great tradgangers! He was truly humbled by their generousity.   :thumbsup:      :campfire:
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not. - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Jim@ThunderStick

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2008, 03:14:00 PM »
Hi everybody
There's quite a story here. This has been the most incredable season I've ever had and it's all a result of a lot great friends being extremly generous. It all started with My good buddy Jerry Keck of Michigan Bowhunters fame giving me a dozen beautiful cedar arrows a couple years ago.  I've been saving them for a special hunt. Next, My great friend and fellow bowyer Steve Turay of Northern Mist Longbows gave me a really nice Baraga longbow. Next, my new friend and customer Ben Hilt of Ohio called and invited me to hunt with him and his partners Rob Hilt and Mike Rizzo at there camp near Bethesda. I had to think that over for a mili second before accepting. Mike & Rob invited JD Lund of Whisper Stick bows to camp also. All I can say is those Ohio boys really know how to treat a guy.They put us up in their extremly cool cabin, even gave up their beds for us. They fed me more more than I could eat, anybody that knows me at all knows that's all but impossible.They wouldn't accept a penny or let us buy a thing. Then they put us in there best stands. They put my on my best buck ever. Dressed my deer and even drug it out for me. It just don't get any better than that. One day they smoked 11 racks of ribs. Another day they smoked can't remember but I think it was 18 or 20#'s of pork butt , Had 2 huge party's with 16 or 18 friends over. Quite simply , it was one of the best and most fun hunts I've ever been on. I saw ton's of deer [Ben said the big ones wern't moving but I thought it was wonderful].I saw several smaller bucks and 1 real big one that was a ways off..  Best deer hunting I've ever expearanced. It was a story book ending. The last 5 to 10 minutes of shooting light on my last day to hunt and this guy came in. I told Steve I was gonna do my best to shoot something with that bow, it just couldn't have worked out any better.
After leaving their camp I went down to our camp near Jackson Ohio and my buddy Jim Larson had also taken a beautiful 9 point. Earlier this season another friend Darryl Quidort took a real nice 8 point and a doe at our place.It's been quite a year. Now I have one more goal, My buddy Ken Scollick also gave me some really nice arrows [which he has a habit of doing] and I'm trying to kill a deer with one of those.
I want to thank Ben, & his son Hayden[one of the most well mannered boys you'll ever meet], Rod Hilt,and Mike Rizzo for sharing their camp and showing us such a great time .I also wanna thank Mike Parrish Ben's friend who wasn't hunting but helping Ben with all the cooking and camp chores, and a secial thanks to Mike [ sorry but I can't remember the last name] the land owner for sharing his awesome proporty with us. Truly a great bunch of guys. Also got to thank Steve, Jerry and Ken for all the equipment they gave me.
Traditional people are as good as it gets. Hope I can do something to get even with you guys. C ya. Jim

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2008, 03:21:00 PM »
Congrats Jim Reynolds! Sounds like you had a well deserved hunt. I was going to ask you about the bow I thought it was a Thunder Stick Longbow. Now I see a Baraga. Looks like you put a real hurtin' on that buck too what broadhead were you using?

Offline Jim@ThunderStick

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2008, 06:51:00 PM »
Bentpole
I was using a 190 grain Ribtek. I generally use zwickys or magnus but the arrows were a little stiff and the ribbies were the only thing i had that were heavy enough, I must say they worked great. I'd like to take credit for a great shot but actually I spined the buck, The hole you see is the finishing shot.

Offline 2ndxarnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2008, 07:00:00 PM »
Congrats Jim!!!!!  :clapper:    :clapper:  NIce buck, couldn't happier for ya. RPjr
Take the time to teach a child.

Offline coconutdave

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2008, 07:24:00 PM »
Someday you'll regret the things you didn't do.
Michigan Bowhunters  (life member)
Michigan Longbow Assc.
NRA  (life member)

Offline yellow bow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2008, 07:29:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©