INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44374 times)

Offline Ed Frye

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #280 on: July 03, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
MAN what stories can't wait to read more. You all tell it so well it is as if we were there with you. Love it. keep telling more and the pic's are great too!   :thumbsup:    :clapper:
Thanks and keep promoting the great sport of bow hunting to our youth and friends.
Ed P. Frye II
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #281 on: July 03, 2007, 10:03:00 AM »
Fantastic!!!!! Awesome stuff. Only in America,,,,,,well North America anyway.Glad allhad such a fine trip.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #282 on: July 03, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
I didn't see my new friend Bowdoc with a camera... and I found this one on my disk so here goes.

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #283 on: July 03, 2007, 10:57:00 AM »
Doc and JC did some fly fishing in a little beaver pond one afternoon..and caught three little brookies in just a few minutes prior to sitting in a tree...here's Doc's form

“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #284 on: July 03, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
Awsome pics ray thanks for sharing

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #285 on: July 03, 2007, 11:17:00 AM »
Now that is just awesome, what better way to kill some time  :)

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #286 on: July 03, 2007, 11:29:00 AM »
Jeff,

GREAT STORY!!!!! GREAT PICTURES!!!!! GREAT HUNT!!!!!

I have a question though.....

I have seen his "handy-work" in person (though I have never met him) and I am a HUGE fan of Bowdoc!!!!!

What kind of bow,arrows,quiver,broadheads,etc. was Bowdoc using?????
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline Ed Frye

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #287 on: July 03, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
MORE MORE MUST KNOW MORE!!!! What a great trip! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks and keep promoting the great sport of bow hunting to our youth and friends.
Ed P. Frye II
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #288 on: July 03, 2007, 11:51:00 AM »
I think Bowdoc was shooting a 60's Bear Kodiak. I remember him telling me that with all the high end fancy bows he works on, that was one of his favorites anyway. I think he was also using a Bear Razorhead.
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline BigRonHuntAlot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #289 on: July 03, 2007, 12:32:00 PM »
Alright Joe and Bobbo where are your pics and stories???  :p    :campfire:    :coffee:
>>>-TGMM Family Of The Bow-->

The Moon Gave Us The Bow, The Sun Gave Us The Arrow

Walk Softly and Carry a Big Stick

Offline hunt it

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #290 on: July 03, 2007, 01:06:00 PM »
Congrats to all of you !! Looks like everyone had a great trip and made it home safely. Can't ask for anymore than that. Keep the stories and pictures coming.
hunt it

Offline Littlefeather

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #291 on: July 03, 2007, 01:28:00 PM »
Cool trip guys. Lovin the pics and the stories. Keep em comin! CK

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #292 on: July 03, 2007, 01:50:00 PM »
Hard to imagine just how good time yall had. The camp life, storys told and storys made. Great pictures, thanks for sharing them. Can hardly wait for more!  :thumbsup:    :campfire:  

Brent

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #293 on: July 03, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
Here's a picture of the Woody glass point that Tom shot his bear with.  JC & I skinned the bear.  The head went in the chest and hit the off shoulder breaking the tip of the point...but not before it sliced lungs & heart...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #294 on: July 03, 2007, 02:13:00 PM »
Last year my good friend Brian Vincent re-joined the traditional ranks when he gave up his compound to take a nice bear with my Griffin longbow.  This year Brian shot his bear the second night.  The bear was destroying the crib and had tipped the 55 Gal drum up.  His mistake was to stand on top of it.  Brian must have thought he was destroying government property cause he shot him off the top of the drum  :)

Brian was using an Ed Holcomb recurve made on the same lines as the original Wing PII t/d.  JC & I helped Brian track in him all of 20 yards.  Take a look at those claws  :scared:  Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #295 on: July 03, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
thats a great photo, Doc... I am going through  serious withdrawal symptoms right now...if I had only made some different choices in my youth, I could be hunting all year long like Too Short!

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #296 on: July 03, 2007, 02:22:00 PM »
everything sounds like it was perfect i bet the food was great also.you guys can spin a yarn

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #297 on: July 03, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »
Did'nt I hear moose meat mentioned??...yum!

Those are some nice scratchers!

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #298 on: July 03, 2007, 02:34:00 PM »
Then there was the afternoon I got on stand with several bears already there when I walked in. I ran them off then had a big sow with triplets come in. The cubs were tiny 10 pounders? It got a little hairy as another bear would circle, she would woof and the three little guys would shoot up the nearest tree. Then Mom would run off the intruder. She did that like four times. I was somewhat concerned the cubs would come up my tree with me. Finally they had their fill and left just before dark. I figured I better take the oportunity to ease out since there was little shooting light left. I packed up the camera, lowered my bow on the haul-line and watched to the right where she departed. My feet no sooner hit the ground when I turned to my left to confront a badly rubbed mature boar at a whopping four yards. I guess he took my desent from the tree as a challenge because he immediately started huffing and popping his jaws and false charged. My bow was still on the haul-line so mostly out of instinct I threw my arms up, growled loudly back at him and ran towards him. I guess my own bluff-charge worked as he moved off about 20 feet towards the barrel and gave me the opportunity to get my bow off the hauline, nock an arrow and ease out without turning my back to him. I gotta admit this was probably one of the few times being a fat guy might have helped me. I'm pretty sure my bulk made him think twice about taking me on. Think I'll go have me another ice cream cone now. bw

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #299 on: July 03, 2007, 02:36:00 PM »
Oh, man..we ate like kings. Marinated moose bites,steamed clams, trout, marinated steak and chicken, grilled veggies, corn on the cob, lots of Miss Kim's cookies, peach cobbler with homemade vanilla ice cream courtesy of the bowdoc, big batches of scrambled eggs with bacon and onions and cheese in the mornings, fresh fruit- in short, I put 5 lbs back on while there but dropped an inch off my waist with all the walking and climbing and hiking and running and dragging and flinging we did...it was great!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©