INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44375 times)

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #300 on: July 03, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
And I found out Marula licquer, chocolate eclairs and beer do not mix well. bw

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #301 on: July 03, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »
I think Mickey asked about the knives.  There were 10-12 knives available at all times.  I would sharpen them after 2 bears.  They seemed to get the job done.  The surprise design was the 2nd one from the top of 1st picture.  It was make more on the lines of a survival knife but the shape of the blade made it the best skinner plus you could turn it up side down to cut the hide open like a zipper! I would never have predicted it would turn out the best.  Course when I had to give Bob the Bear Pool Knife that one seem to disappear  ;)  

I put para cord on all the unfinished knives.  It sure gives a great grip with bear grease all around.  It is harder to clean up though.  Hot water on the cord made it manageable but when we were done I just cut the cords off.  It only takes about 10 minutes to tie up a new handle so I'll probably keep the Best of the Bunch in para cord for new year.  There will certainly be new designs next year as I kept tracing all the other guys favorite huntin' blades...especially JC's.

I wouldn't feel too bad for Big Bob though.  He emailed me before the hunt saying he bought the TXS 07 knife but he was going to use it as a  hunting knife...maybe even sand off the names  :scared:  I think that was a ploy to get pick of the litter as I traded him my personal sheep horn skinner (top of 2nd picture) for it...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline joe skipp

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #302 on: July 03, 2007, 02:47:00 PM »
Great hunt fellas....nothing like sharing a camp with quality people.

Barry....I would have given anything to see you jump out of the stand with one of Tippits knives in your mouth and challenge that angry bear!! Would have been one helluva tussel!

Lets see more pics....great thread...
"Neal...is this heaven?" "No Piute but we are dam close". Top of the Mtn in Medicine Bow Nat Forest.

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #303 on: July 03, 2007, 02:50:00 PM »
Not to mention an occasional beer or small glass of wine  :bigsmyl:  around the camp fire that was going almost continually...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #304 on: July 03, 2007, 02:53:00 PM »
It's no wonder you wanted to bring your sutures along  10 -12 tippit knives at all times along with beer and wine continually...   ;)

Offline oneshot-onekill

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #305 on: July 03, 2007, 02:56:00 PM »
Okay guys, you're going to have to keep this thread going for awile. Already finish my Traditional Bowhunter mag, so you guys have about 2 months. Keep the stories coming! Great stories and pictures. Give us MOOOOOre.
Terry
Proverbs 16:9
TGMM Family of the Bow

Terry Barker

Offline JEFF B

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #306 on: July 03, 2007, 03:06:00 PM »
yeah come on bob where is ya story.!! pics please . sounds like you all had a great time.   :campfire:  hey brother if ya dont post some pics soon i wont make ya an ULU knife LOL!!!!
'' sometimes i wake up Grumpy;
other times i let her sleep"

TGMM FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #307 on: July 03, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
Yes,
Marula makes ME crazy. I don't even remember much after I started trying it...could have said nearly anything.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline keith brimmer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #308 on: July 03, 2007, 03:10:00 PM »
CLAMS!man thats the way to do it keeep it coming guys

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #309 on: July 03, 2007, 03:11:00 PM »
Shell,
It was the campfire that was continually going from morning thru the evening  :biglaugh:  There was beer & wine at night!
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #310 on: July 03, 2007, 03:12:00 PM »
Ray, You became Bowdoc's brother in story tellin' after the Marula  :bigsmyl:
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #311 on: July 03, 2007, 03:17:00 PM »
WHEW! You had me scared for a minute there, Jeff!   :help:    :D    :campfire:

Offline hormoan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #312 on: July 03, 2007, 03:22:00 PM »
Now that right there is funny! Barry  :readit:  

Brent

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #313 on: July 03, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »
I have never writen anything to the Trad Gang before.So I guess I should say howdy,ya'all,Don Ward from Seattle Washington a.k.a bowdoc.Hope you are all doing well today.I wanted to share a story about traditional archery with you,if I may.I got home yesterday from a little hunting trip for about 10-12 days.First thing was to go see our kids and grandkids,get some huggs and kisses off them all rangeing in age from one year old grand daughter Kay to our 36 year old daughter Tanya,she'd be a little pee'd if she knew I just told a couple million traditional archers how old she is.But if you would be so kind as to allow me,over the next few days I will share with you the tail of far more things then kids,bows,stone arrow heads,bears and how old we are all getting.I will keep it clean and respectful to everyone involed and as near true to the best of some old burned out high top tennis shoe wearen needen a new hat bowhunters menory.I want to thank Tommy,Alan and LB for busten thier humps getten us all set up and ready to hunt from the time we hit the camp.It's just over 1,000 miles round trip up and back and these boy's made several trips hauling bait and tree stards.Thats a work out for anyone.But these boy's did one fine job.My Stetson is off to the 3 of them.Thank's dudes for the best hunting trip ever,more to come soon.bowdoc

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #314 on: July 03, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »
Love the stories and pics, and I would have given anything to see the confrontation between the bald bear and Barry!!!  :bigsmyl:  Give us some more.......  :pray:  

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline Full Quiver II

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #315 on: July 03, 2007, 03:50:00 PM »
Great story, guys! I, too, have almost read through my latest TBM, soooo....keep this thread going as long as you can. I can speak for just about everyone on this thread who did not make it to Quebec...we were all pulling for you to have a safe and successful hunt. Looks like you were blessed with both. Congrats! Miss Kim, thanks for the updates every few days. I feel like some of my best friends were up there in Quebec (and I am new to Tradgang)and I was glad to hear of their success.
Psalm 127:3-5
TBOF - Trad. Bowhunters of Florida
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #316 on: July 03, 2007, 04:11:00 PM »
Man, what stories are coming out of this one!  What a great time it all sounds like.  I really don't think it mattered what y'all were huntin'.  Could've been gophers or carp and you probably would have had just as much fun with that group!

If there is a waiting list for Traditional Quebec Bear Quest 2008 please add my name to it!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Gary Logsdon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #317 on: July 03, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
"THE BARRY WENSEL BLUFF CHARGE"!  HA!  Can you guys picture that:>)????  Better than pepper spray.  HA!!
Gary Logsdon

Offline Shell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #318 on: July 03, 2007, 04:25:00 PM »
:clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #319 on: July 03, 2007, 04:26:00 PM »
MR. RAY........  :notworthy:    :notworthy:    :notworthy:

No one else Cared  :biglaugh:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©