INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Author Topic: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!  (Read 44370 times)

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quebec Bear Hunt--2 Bears Arrowed on Video--added pg 42!!
« Reply #340 on: July 04, 2007, 09:00:00 AM »
Tippster I'am jumpen on the Alan band wagon.Thats one hard worken young man there.If you gonna go hunten with Jr. you better be ready to carry his lunch.Trust me on this one lady's.I've been there,bd

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #341 on: July 04, 2007, 09:12:00 AM »
It's great to read all this stuff. Sounds like you guys had more good experience there then many of us have in a lifetime. Friendship, good humor, great environment, and lots of bear and other critters. What else could you ask for. It's a great world.

Ray and Joe, how did the equipment work out?

Don, not only have you stolen my name, but you're doing what I want to do.

Happy 4th of July and God Bless.

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #342 on: July 04, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »
Since I don't have pictures of me with a down bear, here are a few I passed on.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2007, 10:13:00 AM »
Don/Two Fletch- quiver worked just grand. Going by you this weekend...probably Friday evening on my way to Raleigh...so won't stop, and returning Sunday AM so will likely miss you then as well- wish I could come earlier Friday so I could stop by but I've missed too much work already.

As you can see from the photos I still have the problem of bottom of broadheads sticking out of bottom of quiver...but that's true of all of your competitors quivers as well except those heavy big headed suckers which I just don't want on my bow...so I will just have to live with it I reckon! cause I'm not changing quiver makers.

Bowdoc- miss you too, buddy. Stay away from that Marula- it's bad news for cheap dates.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #344 on: July 04, 2007, 10:22:00 AM »
Allen is our resident photographer & trail camera man. I'm sure he'll have a lot of pictures of bears that are still roaming the the spruce & swamps of the North woods.  Kinda of a tease for anyone thinking of next years trip!  Here's one I passed on when I decided to go back to my selfbow...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #345 on: July 04, 2007, 10:27:00 AM »
Just a reminder...these are spring bears that will almost double in size by fall.  We have had 160# bears that measured out to qualify for P&Y book  :thumbsup:  Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #346 on: July 04, 2007, 10:29:00 AM »
allen

good to see you on here....please post that picture of the big brute standing in front of the resurrection barrel, looking back down toward the trail coming in...you know the one I mean....

Barry's waiting to see if its the one he had the Friday evening floor show from..I'm betting it is the same one.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #347 on: July 04, 2007, 10:31:00 AM »
nyh73 you da man.I am feeling like we all back up a tree.Thanks Jr.bd

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #348 on: July 04, 2007, 10:48:00 AM »
Here are some of the bears that got lucky for one more year.

Offline JC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #349 on: July 04, 2007, 10:52:00 AM »
Allen has some of the absolute finest video you will ever see....I won't spoil the subject matter but it's all shot from 8"s to 2'....yep, I said EIGHT INCHES   :scared:  Can't wait to get the DVD here to show all my friends.

Let's see...where'd I leave off?
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Offline nyhunter73

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #350 on: July 04, 2007, 10:55:00 AM »
This is the bear I was after but couldn't get a sow and triplets to leave alone long enough to see him.

Uncle Barry may recognize this guy.

Offline Curveman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #351 on: July 04, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »
Great pictures Allen! I can't wait to see the video again too-truly amazing footage!!!
Compliance Officer MK,LLC
NRA Life Member

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #352 on: July 04, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »
JC is not jokeing about Jr's a.k.a Alan,video work folks.It's hotter then a Brittany tape any day for Trad gang and bear lovers alike.JC will you stop eaten your lady's cookies and start typeing.I know they will beleave you.bowdoc

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #353 on: July 04, 2007, 11:15:00 AM »
Yep... that looks like the one that assalted his girlfriend and didn't like me. Note that's a 55 gallon drum in the background. bw

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #354 on: July 04, 2007, 11:31:00 AM »
WOW!   This is just awesome!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline IB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #355 on: July 04, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
This is just to GOOD  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:  

THANKS for allowing us this PLEASURE Gentlemen  :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline Huntrdfk

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #356 on: July 04, 2007, 11:44:00 AM »
What has always amazed me about the bear hunting in that area is what the bears do to the bait sites.....as you can see by the pictures there is no vegetaion on the ground and the roots of the trees are all exposed......says something about the bear numbers in that part of Quebec, great thread, can't wait to see the video!

David
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Regular Member
Comptons

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #357 on: July 04, 2007, 11:57:00 AM »
Hi David,I've been up with Tom 3 years now so far and only have like 40 more to go.I know what you mean when you see the sights.It's amazeing to see how many bears come in.One stand I've hunted from in the past,has about 5 bear trails leading to the drum.Kinda cool walking out of there after dark.bd

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #358 on: July 04, 2007, 12:39:00 PM »
This is driving me nuts.  Now I know what an addict must feel like coming down.  I've already picked my selfbow for next year  :bigsmyl:  

A friend of mine from Denton Hill passed away from a brain tumor 2 years ago...Mike Churny.  Mike made some beautiful selbows.  He loved to hunt but he left us too early.  I'd sit and talk with him, then buy at least one bow every year. I'd always ask the price than usually double it as he didn't have any medical insurance.  

I always told myself some day I'd try to tag animal for him.  When hunting season came around, I never seemed to have confidence in my selfbows.  Well next year God willing, I'll be over a bait with Mike's bow & either my trade point or Woody's stone head.  If I'm not lucky enough to fill my tag, that arrow will fly for every into the Quebec Wilderness...Doc

TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #359 on: July 04, 2007, 01:07:00 PM »
Jeffery I think thats is one of the best bows you could choose.That would honor your friend Mike and keep him alive forever in your heart.I know the big man will shine down on you and keep you heathy strong and wise for many more seasons.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©